UnevenEdge

Working 40 hours a week

NaBarney

What other exciting things do you want to do with your time after scraping together $5

Visit w/ friends

Go to a waterfall

Get fucked up and listen to podcasts

Work on my fish tanks

Camp in the mtns

Go to meetings

Become a statesman

Walk around

See the good shows that start late

Win contests

Visit w/ friends-Don't they have jobs....Like visit when you're all off

Go to a waterfall-Is that really exciting more th maybe twice a year

Get fucked up and listen to podcasts-with no money, how will you get fucked up

Work on my fish tanks-Ok

Camp in the mtns-Gimme your phone then Bunyon Joe

Go to meetings-like drug rehab meeting?  I don't know what this is.

Become a statesman- S:

Walk around- -_'

See the good shows that start late-are they free

Win contests-how much of your time can that possibly take.

i'm on board with this.

i wish i had a job where pay was based on productivity rather than time. if i can go in, work hard, and do what i need to do in 20 hours, why do i need to be there for 40?

time is a precious fucking commodity. it's irreplaceable and you have no idea how much of it you actually have.

it's a fucking crime that our economic system steals so much of it.

Well I didn't this week, but I didn't have a choice. I took this job so eventually I might be able to do less

without it really effecting me, but these first two weeks were full of complications. I might need to pull

what would be  the equivalent of a normal double shift for a few days to make up for not working at

all this week. IDEK

i'm on board with this.

i wish i had a job where pay was based on productivity rather than time. if i can go in, work hard, and do what i need to do in 20 hours, why do i need to be there for 40?

time is a precious fucking commodity. it's irreplaceable and you have no idea how much of it you actually have.

it's a fucking crime that our economic system steals so much of it.

Yep, yus, what you said.

That's hard to say. Do I wish I could as care free as I was back in school, yes. Do I really want to be back in school, fuck no.

care free? papers and finals and other bullshit? no thanks, work is WAY easier to deal with than school ever was. no tests, no papers, and you actually get paid to be there

Yeah, getting a dog is pretty much out of the question when you live alone and work 40+ hours a week.

I wouldn't mind four 10 hour days a week, with three days off. But five on two off is corporate thievery of my vitality

I work 60-80 hours in a given week, depending on which location I'm at. Standard week is always under 70 hours, though. When I was fresh out of college I was working just shy of 80 hours every week at just one job. The only two things I hate about work hours is 1.) Not being off when most of my friends are. A lot of them work during the day, 9-5 type deals, so they have the night off every night, so to speak. By the time I'm off, they're heading in for the night. and 2.) It's stopping me from getting a puppy. Sure I could hire a dog sitter or get people to help out, but that's too cumbersome and needlessly expensive since I'd need it 5-6 days a week. It's why I only have my betta fish atm, but I really want a dog, too.

I work 60-80 hours in a given week, depending on which location I'm at. Standard week is always under 70 hours, though. When I was fresh out of college I was working just shy of 80 hours every week at just one job. The only two things I hate about work hours is 1.) Not being off when most of my friends are. A lot of them work during the day, 9-5 type deals, so they have the night off every night, so to speak. By the time I'm off, they're heading in for the night. and 2.) It's stopping me from getting a puppy. Sure I could hire a dog sitter or get people to help out, but that's too cumbersome and needlessly expensive since I'd need it 5-6 days a week. It's why I only have my betta fish atm, but I really want a dog, too.

Wow you are one hell of a worker ? I've worked seasonal jobs that much but never for more than 2.5 months, the days fly by, time passes so weirdly and terribly for me to do that for very long.

Working that much definitely isolates you from the people in your life.

I've got an elderly but spry pupper at home and I really hate not being able to get out with her as much as I've been able to for the last couple of years. I let her run loose so she's not cooped up in the house all the time but it's not the same.

Wow you are one hell of a worker ? I've worked seasonal jobs that much but never for more than 2.5 months, the days fly by, time passes so weirdly and terribly for me to do that for very long.

Working that much definitely isolates you from the people in your life.

I've got an elderly but spry pupper at home and I really hate not being able to get out with her as much as I've been able to for the last couple of years. I let her run loose so she's not cooped up in the house all the time but it's not the same.

It gets tiring, but I live by myself and live decently. A big pro of my current job is spending money. I go fucking bonkers on groceries. Back in 2009 I was homeless and eating dumpster food. And 2010-2015 I was living paycheck to paycheck, praying I'd have enough money to buy shitty, cheap food or that I'd get something decent at the food bank. I love grocery shopping now. And, if nothing else, I can treat my buddies and cover food/tickets when we do actually go out.

I'm about to lose my goddamn mind, and I've still got another five hours of staring at the internet before I can leave.

I don't have enough interests to maintain this many hours of "work" every week without sacrificing a little sanity.

Jesus these lights and the constant electrical hum and just everything