UnevenEdge

I'm trying not to take sleepy stuff.

Kagome-san101

I take about a dozen vitamins a day, various shapes and sizes.

but not taking melatonin and zquil is going to be hard and suck because I can't sleep  ::D::

my sister told me I should try to cycle off of it, because if you take it too often it can actually inhibit your body's ability to naturally produce it.

::D::

you guys I'm going to be so cranky  ::D:: ::D:: ::D::

I take melatonin amitriptyline, and aripiprazole, all to knock me out, every night. Well unless I am at a con and drink so much I can't stand properly, but that is basically equivalent to taking that much medication.

Sadly its starting to cease being effective, my doctor suggested increasing the dosage of melatonin from 5 to 10mg, 15mg max. When I reach that level it will be time to switch medication, anything to stave off my crippling life long sleep phase disorder.

Apparently melatonin supplements can also lead to Crohn's if there's a family history. Might just be with high doses, I dunno.

Probably how mine got set off.

Speaking of which, Crohn's disease sucks ass.

I have heard horrible things about Crohn's disease :( how much melatonin were you taking?

I take melatonin amitriptyline, and aripiprazole, all to knock me out, every night. Well unless I am at a con and drink so much I can't stand properly, but that is basically equivalent to taking that much medication.

Sadly its starting to cease being effective, my doctor suggested increasing the dosage of melatonin from 5 to 10mg, 15mg max. When I reach that level it will be time to switch medication, anything to stave off my crippling life long sleep phase disorder.

what is your sleep phase disorder?

I have been on everything to sleep, finally I said fuck it and tried a combination of melatonin, zquil and imipramine (prescribed obviously)

I found the right combo, but it still takes 3.5 hours to make me fall asleep :(

How long before your meds kick in for you?

have you noticed any side effects?

That's not true. You also take stupid pills.

Twelve is a lot, but I take fifteen a day (sixteen on Saturday).

If you can work it so you can take less, go for it.

have you ever had to downsize the amount you take? do you have a recommendation so my body doesn't say "WHY YOU DO THIS" to me?

what is your sleep phase disorder?

I have been on everything to sleep, finally I said fuck it and tried a combination of melatonin, zquil and imipramine (prescribed obviously)

I found the right combo, but it still takes 3.5 hours to make me fall asleep :(

How long before your meds kick in for you?

have you noticed any side effects?

Basically my wake sleep cycle is distorted, I have great difficulty going to sleep, staying asleep, and here is the kicker, staying awake. That's right I'm also mildly narcoleptic.

The pills take between 30 minutes to an hour, and occasionally when I up the melatonin to 10 I get bad headaches. Beyond that the side effects are mild enough that I don't have much to comment on. Since half the things I listed are actually anti depressants I suppose they improve my mood but that's not why I take them.

They probably cause me to be drowsy during the day but I take methylphenidate to compensate. Since I got my prescription for that refilled I have been active again, which is good.

Oh did you mean who long does it take me to fall asleep? depends, sometimes an hour, sometimes 4. Its probably random. But without my pills, or a lot more alcohol than I normally drink... I can go days without sleeping. Not sure how many, the only time I ever ran out of my pills for more than a few days I was awake until I got the prescription refilled. By the end I was a shivering delirious husk. 

camping with bonfires! and then the sunrises in the morning!

and then to the diner so we can get greasy eggs to soak up the hangover!

muhuhuhuahahahahahahahaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

Oh when it comes to camping, I don't fuck around. We are happy, comfy, and having a blast.

Even if we get rained out and I have to tow two cars out of the mud and we end up cramming like 8 people into one hotel room. :D

IMG_02781.jpg

Oh when it comes to camping, I don't fuck around. We are happy, comfy, and having a blast.

Even if we get rained out and I have to tow two cars out of the mud and we end up cramming like 8 people into one hotel room. :D

IMG_02781.jpg

We still had fun.

have you ever had to downsize the amount you take? do you have a recommendation so my body doesn't say "WHY YOU DO THIS" to me?

I used to take trazodone, but that didn't do squat. I still have over a half bottle sitting around somewhere. Right now I don't take anything for sleep, though most of what I do take has drowsiness as a side effect. My body got used to it, so I just fall asleep whenever I can. My screwed-up back "helps" with that, too.

Everything I currently take I can't do without, at least until I lose some more weight. I've already lost 40lbs since December, but I still have a ways to go. Getting there, slowly, but surely.

I wish I did have some recommendations for you, but sadly, I don't. I hope you find something soon that'll work for you.