UnevenEdge

Pokémon Go

1pooh4u

I've caught a lot of new pokemon since I last posted.

First I caught Buneary on Friday morning and caught Lopunny Sunday night.

Also hatched my first Farfetch'd from one of the eggs.  It's from Australia so it's from one of the Pokemon GO twitter friends.

Caught Drifloon and Stunky a couple days ago along with Duskull.  I've used a lot of Pinap berries on Drifloon and caught a bunch so

it's up to 163 candies.  I was going to evolve it at 150 but since I've seen so many lately, I might wait until I reach 200.

Beat my first Shinx raid this morning and caught a cp482 Shinx.  It's so cute.

I've completed the first two tasks in A Spooky Message (1/3).  So far I've used 42/108 berries to help catch pokemon.

• Like 1

I've started playing Pokemon Go again about two or three months ago. Sadly, they banned my old account for terms of service which I had not logged into for probably a good nine months. Maybe it got hacked? Who knows... WITH THAT SAID, I found something amazing in a gas station parking lot two weeks ago.

unnamed.jpg

• Like 3

I finished giving 108 berries to pokemon for the Special Field Research.

Now I'm working on catching 108 pokemon.  Already caught 20 tonight.

Also caught 8/10 dark pokemon.  It will take me a long time before I find new Pokestops.

Edit:  Got bored and decided to evolve my Doduo into a Dodrio.  Also powered it up so now it's up to cp1717.

Edited by blueraven1999

15 hours ago, SorceressPol said:

*Sigh* They know where they get their money.

I like the Halloween music playing today in Pokemon Go.

I liked the Halloween music a lot too.  It was fun.

Also does anyone know if the Umbreon name trick still works?

I thought I could get one without using the trick by evolving my eevee at night but it didn't work for me.

I evolved my eevee sometime between 8:45 and 8:50 and it evolved into Jolteon instead of Umbreon.

Did I evolve it too early?  Does it have to be between 11 and midnight?  It was dark here when I evolved it so it should have worked.

1 minute ago, blueraven1999 said:

I liked the Halloween music a lot too.  It was fun.

Also does anyone know if the Umbreon name trick still works?

I thought I could get one without using the trick by evolving my eevee at night but it didn't work for me.

I evolved my eevee sometime between 8:45 and 8:50 and it evolved into Jolteon instead of Umbreon.

Did I evolve it too early?  Does it have to be between 11 and midnight?  It was dark here when I evolved it so it should have worked.

I was mad serious about getting Umbreon, so I did the name trick, waited until 10 p.m. to evolve it, had a surplus of candies and km/s walked, and quadruple checked that it was still my buddy. From reports I had read from people who didn't get Umbreon after evolving their Eevees, their km/s walked was slightly above 10 so that the game didn't update their data completely before Eevee was evolved and thought their walking distance was under the amount needed, they forgot that Eevee was still supposed to be their buddy during time of evolution, or some of the very unlucky players did everything right and the game glitched on them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SorceressPol said:

I was mad serious about getting Umbreon, so I did the name trick, waited until 10 p.m. to evolve it, had a surplus of candies and km/s walked, and quadruple checked that it was still my buddy. From reports I had read from people who didn't get Umbreon after evolving their Eevees, their km/s walked was slightly above 10 so that the game didn't update their data completely before Eevee was evolved and thought their walking distance was under the amount needed, they forgot that Eevee was still supposed to be their buddy during time of evolution, or some of the very unlucky players did everything right and the game glitched on them.

That explains why it didn't work.  I just thought it had to be walked at least 10k.

I didn't know that it couldn't be over.  Also eevee wasn't my buddy at the time.  It was my buddy for a long time

but I got tired of walking it and switched to Shinx earlier this week. 

I got enough candies by catching more eevee and using pinap berries on them. 

I'll try again in another month or so.  I'm tired of walking eevee at the moment and would rather walk Shinx.

7 hours ago, blueraven1999 said:

That explains why it didn't work.  I just thought it had to be walked at least 10k.

I didn't know that it couldn't be over.  Also eevee wasn't my buddy at the time.  It was my buddy for a long time

but I got tired of walking it and switched to Shinx earlier this week. 

I got enough candies by catching more eevee and using pinap berries on them. 

I'll try again in another month or so.  I'm tired of walking eevee at the moment and would rather walk Shinx.

It's best to be 1 or more kms over because at 10 or slightly above like 10 point something, it might still be read as 9 kms if the game hasn't updated your data properly. If I hadn't searched through reddit threads on evolving Eevee, I would have removed it as my buddy too after hitting 10. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SorceressPol said:

It's best to be 1 or more kms over because at 10 or slightly above like 10 point something, it might still be read as 9 kms if the game hasn't updated your data properly. If I hadn't searched through reddit threads on evolving Eevee, I would have removed it as my buddy too after hitting 10. 

I was several km over 10.  I guess it didn't work since it wasn't my buddy at the time

and I didn't wait long enough.  It had been dark here for hours but it wasn't completely dark

yet in the game.  That's too bad.  I'll wait until 10:30 PM or 11PM next time.