UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

The Quintessential Quintuplets S2 ep 3

Spoiler

I agree with the main guy.  I wouldn't be able to stand having long hair like

that one girl and I can't figure out why she likes her hair so long.  I mean it goes

past her butt.  It would have to be really awkward going to the bathroom with such

long hair.  I think she's crazy.  Also I disagree with his assessment of the quintuplets.

The girls with the shortest hair are obviously the smartest.

Edited by blueraven1999

Wonder Egg Priority 1
To Your Eternity 7-9
Daily Lives of High School Boys 5
Vlad Love 8/9

WEP mini review:

Spoiler

My brain was rattling around in my skull as I was watching this, but I liked it. This premiere is just oozing with style, and Ai's journey into the dream world is fraught with paranoia and anxiety. I was expecting this show to be a little more explicit in its portrayal of bullying at school, but I like how it managed to do more with less, at least in the premiere. We'll see where the story goes from here. The violence in this one was also pretty light (I gave it a 14V mostly because of one scene), but there's enough surreal imagery to keep anyone entertained for twenty-three minutes. I particularly liked the Seeno Evils, and how being portrayed in CG gives them an otherworldly feel; not sure if that was intentional, but it's a trope I like.

Look forward to a post in the ratings thread within the next 24 hours. (Edit: Disregard that. Putting a hard deadline made me feel anxious and not want to do it. The post should be out this weekend.) I've done the screenshots, so all that's left is to describe the ratings and figure out what I'm gonna do for the bonus segment. 😉

Edited by Blatch

I feel they're obvious enough for those of us who watch the block, that I don't bother listing them here.

Though I will be listing this week's Food Wars here when I get around to it. (And here I thought DVR was created to prevent the in-recording screwups I ran into with physical media...)

Wild 7 Another 13

Spoiler

One of the few specifics I knew about Wild 7 Another going in was that there was a hilariously unfitting scene where a character plays the piano then dies. And while I wouldn't call it "inappropriate" in the most straightforward sense, Looks getting exploded by the piano and then regretting his ultimate career choice was an excellent punchline in black comedy. :D

Shuden getting killed off out of nowhere in the last few minutes was just cruel, though.

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro 3 and 9 (rewatch)

Spoiler

KINKY KUNOICHI #14 DIRECTION ANALYSIS 1 OF 4

I was just as surprised as anyone else who gives a modicum of a damn about anime staff to learn that Yukihiro Matsushita, a storyboarder affiliated with Pierrot who I credited with two episodes in Kunoichi S1's latter half, to pop up in the recent Telecom effort that was Nagatoro. So naturally, when it came time for me to start on the next (and so far only) episode of Nagoya File to credit him with, I went for his two episodes on account of their recency and the likelihood of spotting patterns. So far, quick and to-the-point establishing shots appear to be his forte, so I will try and implement those into the written form of perhaps my most personal Kunoichi episode yet.

Also, Yosshii is simultaneously best and worst girl for equally valid reasons. Much like how IGPX episode 18 is simultaneously best and worst episode for equally valid reasons.

Log Horizon S3 ep 10

Spoiler

Pink haired girl is very annoying.  I wish she'd just shut up already.  Such an annoying high pitched voice.

Her and the little green haired girl with the animal ears.  But at least the green haired girl doesn't have an annoying personality like

the pink haired girl.

Edited by blueraven1999