UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

Pacific Rim: The Black 5
Corpse Princess: Kuro 13

Spoiler

I was gonna make a wry comment about how Isaki was a bigger jerk than Shane (more or less), but between Isaki actually getting some surprising posthumous character development and Joel getting killed by an exploding walkie-talkie, I decided against it. Fuck the cast of Pacific Rim: The Cash-Grab, and season 3 of Corpse Princess never.

Symphogear G 11-13 and OVAs
To Your Eternity 1-3
The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 1 (rewatch)
Vlad Love 6/7
Daily Lives of High School Boys 1

Symphogear G final thoughts:

Spoiler

You know, I want to say that this season was better in every aspect compared to the first one... but I can't. I think S1 had a degree of creativity and more freedom that made it more fun. Plots like "Hibiki wants to see the meteor shower with Miku, but a bunch of Noise prevents her from getting there" feel completely at odds with G's more streamlined heroes vs. (obvious) villain plot, although there were still moments of levity. I also think the action scenes in S1 were a little more creative, although G wasn't lacking on huge setpieces. Moments like Miku dropping Hibiki off the tower, the fight with Miku against the other wielders on the carrier, and the entire finale are worth the price of admission. Plus, you've got Dr. Ver stealing the show practically every time he appears.

The big positives I give to G is that the production values are nicer and it doesn't bring up Kanade's death in what felt like every single episode. Guh, I hated that plot point. I also love the chibi shorts that bridge the gap between these two seasons and provide additional context for G. Overall, two excellent seasons of idol/mecha goodness. I eagerly look forward to Discotek releasing the rest on BD.

Still have a ways to go before I drop the first CG post... technical tune-ups, getting my files ready and whatever else. I also haven't even gotten a Funi subscription, which I'd like to have for Wonder Egg.

Edited by Blatch
Spacing.