UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

Personally I'd be okay with version 2 of adding why as long as the why was optional.

Other than it was fun I wouldn't be able to think of a good way to answer why so if it was mandatory,

I'd just start my own anime thread for the people like me who don't want to include why.  If this thread was locked that is.

Watched Pokemon Journeys: The Series 16.

Of course, we're not gonna be like ANN where we force the why out of you with subtle threat of deletion. I still think deleting posts is a foreign concept on this board...

Corpse Princess: Kuro 9
Pacific Rim: The Black 1

The kaiju fighting aspects are cool and all...

Spoiler

...but did they really have to kill everyone in that oasis village? Not a single survivor? Thanks, Netflix, for once again enforcing that anime is supposed to be """"EDGY"""".

Gungrave 14 (rewatch)

I've finally decided to get back deep into the groove of hypothetical anime writing by officially beginning work on Kinky Kunoichi Season 2, but before doing so, I did two things. First, was post a side story on DeviantArt for the BDSM coomer crowd who liked the original Kunoichi image by Jam-Orbital. And second, was kick off the "direction analysis" (formerly "directorial analysis") process for each episode by watching something previously attributed to Toshiyuki Tsuru, the understated anime director whose approach to direction influenced my decision to list him as Kunoichi's director in the hypothetical staff list for season 1. Handling the season premiere as storyboarder and director (at least, for the first third), I thought a grand start to my analysis of his craft (which I've done before during season 1) was watch another of his works to get the right feel. Last time, I started out with episode 82 of Naruto Shippuden; this time, I started out with episode 14 of Gungrave; the only episode he personally directed of the one full series he acted as director for.

Still one of my favorite anime episodes of all time. 100/10.

I was skipping my way through an old VHS tape from 2005 this [as] archivist I know on YouTube/Discord posted today, and wound up watching episode 6 of The Super Milk-Chan Show in its entirety.

Not sure why I did that, but it was something. Truly the Pop Team Epic of its day.