UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

I'm watching all the things.

Just finished up watching Ao-chan Can't Study.  I was expecting it to be more ecchi, but it turned out to be kinda sweet and sometimes funny.  I really liked Kijima, but he was really too good to be true.  I don't know how he put up with Horie's crazy mixed signals.  But this jiiiiiiiiiiii face after she suspected Kijima of not being as virginal as he claimed made me lol:

Jiiiii.jpg.4fedb725c816e5d7a577c82875010a19.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen bigger pupils on any character ever, not even Puss-in-Boots. :D

• Like 3

iM@S CG Theater S4E11 and S4E12
Symphogear S1E2 and S1E3

I also finished the rest of the Squid Girl dub. A few unfitting voices and an inexplicable use of the term "rapist" aside, I really liked it, and I thought the second season was better on a rewatch. I guess that's what it's like when you're not trying to critique it and be funny while doing so. 🙃

[and a cool emoji]

Ultraman 3
Gungrave 2

Spoiler

Tsuru is a master of the bait and switch. Not just in genre expectations, but in individual scenes as well. I really could've utilized that more in Kunoichi, but hey, I've got another season to write, maybe I can integrate some of that in here and there.

Expect a cinegrid to show up on my Twitter either tonight or tomorrow.

iM@S CG Theater S4E13
Girls' Last Tour #9

Speaking of actually enjoying things... that GLT was the best episode of anime I've seen this year bar none. This show manages to be so artsy while still communicating great morals without having a stick up its ass. Everyone who thought Planet With was the hot new anime fit for this political era severely missed the mark; it was already here the whole time.

Also, if you're not in iM@S fandom, you missed my descent from being rather distressed over those four new characters to kind of liking them to trigger the libs. What a ride. Now I just hope the "climax" part isn't literal and there are going to be more seasons in the future.