UnevenEdge

Football!!!!

1pooh4u

the stadium wont be ready for another 3 years so by that time the raiders will be better than what they are now and probably competing for super bowls. that alone should attract some of the vegas residents.

I hope so, seriously I do.

Go Raiders!

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bout the most frustrating thing in the world lol

You can always come hop on the Broncos bandwagon for a year while your Jets work on tanking  rebuilding  :D

Nah, I always wanted to know what it felt like to be a Browns' fan >:D

• 1 month later...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20171611/national-anthem-protests-no-1-reason-viewers-tuned-nfl-games

THe #1 reason that people tuned out of NFL games last season was the protests during the National Anthem. 

So with that I would expect a new policy from the NFL saying that players cannot do anything to distract from the anthem. 

yeah the national anthem is pretty dumb nobody really cares about that shitty song.

i'd say there are multiple other reasons like all the advertisements, the over policing of players with their in game and off game antics, lower quality football being played as a result of injuries and scheduling, and some highly publicize trials of a few players giving the league some bad pr.

Oh dont get me wrong, the other issues play into it in a big way as well.  And the poll shows that people are sick of the length of the game, the advertisements, and the poor play as well.  But out of all the issues the #1 was the protests.  And that makes perfect sense.  Football is a "blue collar American" sport.  The main demographic is men aged 18-34, and then Men in general.  Viewership is highest among these groups in the Mid-West.  So while people on the coasts might have no issue with these protests, people in Middle America did.  thats also why ESPN is struggling so badly not.  These people are sick of sports turning into politics, so they simply tune out. 

This is also why just today you hear that the Ravens are having problems signing Kaepernick.  The coach wants him, owner doesnt.  He was already pushed out of one potential job becasue the owner didnt want the baggage, and now it might cost him a second job. 

you might be right. kap should have been signed by now maybe not as a stater but at least a backup. the nfl doesnt even have 32 good qbs, let alone 64.

The fact that he isnt signed, and yet is arguably better than some starters, shows that he has just to much baggage for an owner to want to deal with.    Maybe someone will sign him, but with everything that happened last year im not sure theres many owners out there who want to deal with the sideshow that will come with signing him.  Plus, he will be signing as a backup.  Thats a ton of drama to start over a backup.

Why's the media shipping kaep to Miami when cutler is clearly the better fit? Can we go a week without mentioning kaep unless there's legit news?

I dont know why they are even talking about him returning to play.  Cutler has a cushy job in the booth thats going to last a long time, and pay better than what he could get in the NFL now.  Plus, no scrambled eggs for brains. 

Personally, I hope he does well.  I wouldn't mind him having a fantastic year, just to prove how screwed up the Bears hierarchy is and shut up the idiots that thought Cutler was the ENTIRE reason the Bears stunk over his tenure.