Original Air Date:

"July 11, 2014"

Episode Direction by:

"Matsuo Shin"

Storyboard by:

"Matsuo Shin"

Animation Direction by:

"Kakuto Gai, Abe Kousashi"

Opening: "Unravel" the first solo single by Tōru "TK" Kitajima, from the band Ling Tosite Sigure

Ending: "Saints" (聖者たち Seijatachi) performed by People In The Box

Ken Kaneki is a young man who befriends the beautiful and enigmatic Rize Kamishiro, unaware that she is a ghoul. Rize reveals her intentions to eat Kaneki but by a stroke of luck Kaneki survives her attack but is mortally wounded. He is saved by an emergency operation, transferring Rize's organs into himself. This subsequently turns him into a half-ghoul half-human hybrid and Kaneki struggles to survive and cope by himself

Ken Kaneki is half human, half Ghoul,

and suffering from a deadly case of the munchies

I think it's safe to say Ken's life has been pretty severely

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0WOokX49D6G3VOv8zLCEIMooJTgd7ECQJg-EcRHr5pnotFp4R

maxresdefault.jpg

mixed up

Dig in for another episode of Tokyo Ghoul

Only on Toonami

LAST TIME ON TOKYO GHOUL

Rize: "Let me show you what this mouth do~." [bites him]

Kaneki: "AUUGGGHHHH WHAT KIND OF FUCKING MOUTH DOES THAT!?"

Rize: "Mmm, I didn't know you were a screamer... But you know what they say, the quiet ones are usually the freakiest~."

IT WAS A CRAZY FIRST DATE ALL RIGHT.

Wow, people say the OP is the only good thing about this show?  What was that?  Some real girly-man-ass shit.  That was painful.

the opening is pretty

the lyrics are idiotic though

one of the lines is "I'm so damadged I just stand there and I freeze"

i'm not feeling the hype of this series.

i can't feel sympathetic for something as base as a ghoul.

also, why not just start buying raw beef and pork in bulk to eat? I'd imagine, that'd be similar enough to satisfy without creating cannibalism problems.

Well, he tried eating a burger last episode and...well, that didn't work out too well.

The writer didn't even try to fucking hide the fact that this guy's a ghoul.

Also, the fact that I don't remember ANY of these characters' names is a BAD sign. It means I'm not invested enough in the plot.

Oh, so the ghoul organ transplant thing did happen.  That's how he got like this.  So is the girl really alive somehow inside him still talking to him or is he just going crazy?

Interrupted them getting busy! :D

My friend is here, said he had to quit this show five episodes in and echoed the sentiment of the first episode being promising but the show ultimately never going anywhere.  We'll see how it goes.  Personally, Hiatus aside, I'm a completionist when it comes to the block so I'll finish the show out regardless.

Just as I thought, this brother, or whoever he is, knows the dudebro friend.  And now Kaniki is meeting him in this context.

Dude has eating regular food down!

NICE TO MEET YOU KANIKI!  Okay that was a bit cheesy and overdone.

Whoa he kicked Hide.  That was pretty awesome.  I think I was right about the friend not lasting long.

Hitting me with your bag?  Or you an old lady? :D

Ghoul dude: "you smell just like a female ghoul"

this line is basically used to excuse several horribly homoerotic lines in future episodes as being the result of the male ghouls being attracted to him because he has female Ghoul organs.....I.e. Ghouls can't be Gay except in Kaneki's case cause he smells like a woman