UnevenEdge

I should get my own place

Zenigundam

You can't "save up" and live in one. Sure, security deposit... but uhh they always cost a lot

Sure, I'll just save up about $10k or sumtin and then I'll move in and keep working at my job haha. I dunno if they have income requirements though, but I think if you pay enough upfront that doesn't matter. Could be wrong about all that. My credit must be awful though since I defaulted on my student loans for like a year lol.

Sure, I'll just save up about $10k or sumtin and then I'll move in and keep working at my job haha. I dunno if they have income requirements though, but I think if you pay enough upfront that doesn't matter. Could be wrong about all that. My credit must be awful though since I defaulted on my student loans for like a year lol.

Yeah that's not how rent works. You don't "pay up front", you pay the security deposit when you move in and then pay every month.

Also 10k would last you less than a year. You realize that you have to pay utilities in addition to rent right? Not to mention groceries, transportation (gas, insurance, car repairs, etc.). It's good to have some saved up for an emergency fund but the "income" you have right now at your "job" would not cover your living expenses and once that 10k runs out you'd not be able to pay your bills. If you could find anyone willing to tolerate living with you, you may be able to move out with a roommate or two.

Most places do a credit check, so you may be screwed.

You can still get a place...they just make u pay more upfront.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking haha. I mean I have to contribute about $900/month around here, which makes saving up a little tougher, but I think $10k's a good target, and then I can pay more upfront and get this really awesome luxury apartment, but if that happens I won't have any take home pay between that and all of my living expenses.

It's just an idea though. I can just keep living at home and saving up, just think it'd be cool to move into that luxury apartment with all the fancy shet that I don't need.

Yeah that's not how rent works. You don't "pay up front", you pay the security deposit when you move in and then pay every month.

Well at some places you can just pay a ton more as your security deposit in lieu of bad credit. I believe my credit's probably pretty bad, and I'm never paying these student loans back. <3

He eants a luxury apartment, so he'll get rejected. Plus, if he lives in a densely populated city that can also be a problem if he's looking to live in a really nice area.

Well that blows. I hate getting rejected.

*reaches into pocket and watches the luxury apartment landlord's eyes widen in fear*

Yes. You should. Then,, you won't come off as creepy.........Fuck, who am I kidding? You'll come off as creepier, because now, you have a dungeon to try and murder women in.

Also, you should get your own place, anyway, because it's WAAAAY past the time for that.

Well at some places you can just pay a ton more as your security deposit in lieu of bad credit. I believe my credit's probably pretty bad, and I'm never paying these student loans back. <3

At some places, sure. Not luxury apartments though. Have you considered income controlled or Section 8 housing? :|

Also, have fun getting your wages garnished. You realize they don't just let you get away with not paying your loans, right?

uh no. while you do pay more for bad credit, if you credit is low enough no apartment complex will take you. it is very hard to evict someone because of renters rights and they want to CYA as much as possible. if you make under a certain amount you can do it, but you'd have to be claimed as an independent for the previous tax year