UnevenEdge

How’s your explosion night?

I’ve been hearing sporadic fireworks a few streets over, but nothing like it used to be in my former neighborhood. I, on the other hand, am staying in tonight and catching up on a few episodes of the Ray Donovan box set I bought about a year ago and somehow forgot about until recently.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SwimOdin said:

Are fireworks used locally legal in your area? Does it sound like the eastern front of the Ukrainian/Russian border right outside your door too? Why the fuck do I live in the south?

Not legal in IL.  Lots of stuff going off around here and the occasional sounds of EMS and fire sirens.

They’re legal in my city…. And no one uses the legal safe and sane fireworks.  They just wheel out the cardboard barrels of death, scaring the shit out of every animal in a mile radius.

22 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

They’re legal in my city…. And no one uses the legal safe and sane fireworks.  They just wheel out the cardboard barrels of death, scaring the shit out of every animal in a mile radius.

We are prone to wild fires but sure, go set off your pyrotechnics in a field, we'll take care of it

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

We are prone to wild fires but sure, go set off your pyrotechnics in a field, we'll take care of it

Fuckin A, right?

My city used to make people buy permits to shoot them off, they never enforced it. This year they didn't even pretend, they dropped the permits and just said "whatever"

3... That is how many of those paper lanterns landed in my yard from wherever they drifted from. All were on fire

Don't even get me started on the jack offs that shot off more rounds than Ukraine and Russia managed in the last two years combined, and then left all their trash in the fucking street right in front of their houses

The older I get, the more kickin wing's snakes and sparklers stand sounds appealing

• Like 2

9 hours ago, André Toulon said:

9 hours ago, molarbear said:

Fuckin A, right?

My city used to make people buy permits to shoot them off, they never enforced it. This year they didn't even pretend, they dropped the permits and just said "whatever"

3... That is how many of those paper lanterns landed in my yard from wherever they drifted from. All were on fire

Don't even get me started on the jack offs that shot off more rounds than Ukraine and Russia managed in the last two years combined, and then left all their trash in the fucking street right in front of their houses

The older I get, the more kickin wing's snakes and sparklers stand sounds appealing

The worst part is it isn’t even idiots and kids that are doing it, though there are plenty of them too.  It’s the dude in the $1mil house that’s holding a pool party in back.  He probably spent more on his illegal fireworks than he would have going to the high school band’s fireworks stand on the corner.

Tardy to the party but they aren't legal where I live but they are legal about 6 miles away in another town and they are sold just outside of my place which means there are no borders on the 4th. And a few days before. And a few days after.

That said, I fell asleep rather early and was absolutely exhausted so I slept through all the night time shenanigans. 

12 hours ago, scoobdog said:

The worst part is it isn’t even idiots and kids that are doing it, though there are plenty of them too.  It’s the dude in the $1mil house that’s holding a pool party in back.  He probably spent more on his illegal fireworks than he would have going to the high school band’s fireworks stand on the corner.

There's always that person before and after the 4th... I don't know who it is, but they insist on shooting off a single black cat every few mins... all day

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

Tardy to the party but they aren't legal where I live but they are legal about 6 miles away in another town and they are sold just outside of my place which means there are no borders on the 4th. And a few days before. And a few days after.

That said, I fell asleep rather early and was absolutely exhausted so I slept through all the night time shenanigans. 

XD

life alert.gif

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, molarbear said:

XD

life alert.gif

At least I'm not one of those that goes barreling over to Denney's for an early bird discounted heart attack on a plate. 

I show up outside of the Denney's and silently judge the people that go barreling to Denney's for an early bird discounted heart attack on a plate. :P