UnevenEdge

My Grandpa turned 91 today.

52 minutes ago, Insipid said:

I mean, virtual reality should be very promising in our golden years. So what if we're shitting ourselves in the background?

AI is going to terminate us way before then.

5 minutes ago, nameraka said:

i have a great aunt who turns 100 in june. 

i can't imagine what this world must look like to someone born in 1924.

A huge disappointment is my guess.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, André Toulon said:

You mean the thing that makes fingers look like turds and close captions like scrapyard.....I'm not gonna hold my breath

Wow scrapyard, I haven’t thought of her in years. Is she still active online?

1 hour ago, André Toulon said:

You mean the thing that makes fingers look like turds and close captions like scrapyard.....I'm not gonna hold my breath

It's lulling you into a false sense of security.

1 hour ago, [classic swim] said:

Your grandpa’s birthday is really close to your own birthday.

Are you your own grandpa?

I don't think so. He's way cooler than me, believe it or not haha...

6 minutes ago, SwimOdin said:

Wow scrapyard, I haven’t thought of her in years. Is she still active online?

I logged into my buddyroe FB not long ago for the first time in forever and she liked a post of mine 2 years ago, so that's why I even have her logged into the conscious part of my brain currently....

This was the long way of me saying 🤷🏿‍♂️

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Greeny said:

AI is going to terminate us way before then.

Or maybe it's gonna give you the ultimate waifu experience despite all your flaws, greeny. Only time will tell.

14 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

It has its work cut out for it then...last time I was secure was.....

Fuck, I'm usually quicker than this....

I'll be back with a zinger, just you wait.

The anticipation is killing me.

5 minutes ago, Insipid said:

Or maybe it's gonna give you the ultimate waifu experience despite all your flaws, greeny. Only time will tell.

And what flaws are those, hmmm?

31 minutes ago, Greeny said:

But is she more senile? I think not.

She's told me if she can't wipe her own ass, then she's ending it. But here she is 92 years strong. Wiping her own ass. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UnDeRwOrlDpRiNcEsS said:

She's told me if she can't wipe her own ass, then she's ending it. But here she is 92 years strong. Wiping her own ass. 

That's probably the sanest thing I've ever heard.

• Thanks 1

On 5/12/2024 at 4:31 AM, André Toulon said:

You mean the thing that makes fingers look like turds

Most people can't draw hands. If you look closely on animation, a common practice is to have them closed or at angles with only a couple fingers visible at a time. It's why so many western cartoons have fewer fingers as a base character design, like Family Guy or The Simpsons. Not really an AI exclusive issue, it's not uncommon to see off-model hands or people with 6 fingers even when it's hand-drawn.

24 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

Most people can't draw hands. If you look closely on animation, a common practice is to have them closed or at angles with only a couple fingers visible at a time. It's why so many western cartoons have fewer fingers as a base character design, like Family Guy or The Simpsons. Not really an AI exclusive issue, it's not uncommon to see off-model hands or people with 6 fingers even when it's hand-drawn.

Just goes to prove that AI is really only good at stealing other images.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

I dunno, I feel like this is pretty good

800px_COLOURBOX11256112.jpg

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Just goes to prove that AI is really only good at stealing other images.

This is, and always will be, a very shallow sentiment. Probably not the best thread for that, though.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, naraku360 said:

This is, and always will be, a very shallow sentiment. Probably not the best thread for that, though.

Ooooo…. A new champion has entered the lists.  But, I’m too busy atm to dig up Sponges’ thread to respark the debate.  Suffice to say that AI in the art world will never amount to much more than a clearinghouse for commercial artists. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

Ooooo…. A new champion has entered the lists.  But, I’m too busy atm to dig up Sponges’ thread to respark the debate.  Suffice to say that AI in the art world will never amount to much more than a clearinghouse for commercial artists. 

What constitutes as art? If an AI were sentient, would its art be invalid? How do you know it will never amount to anything in the world of art? If a person sees art and it inspires their art, does that count as imitation no matter how different it may become? At what point is imitation no longer imitation?

Literally the most rudimentary questions punch holes in the statement. The point you're making is about as reductive as it gets and tends to be made by people with no understabding of what it is.

Edited by naraku360