UnevenEdge

Do you still watch toonami?

Toonami   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch toonami?

I do because my cable and internet are the same damn thing. Plus, I do like the idea of having to look forward to something I enjoy watching once a week. 

I'll hunt down other things through other means, but I'll stay up for at least a few shows every Saturday night.

For now, my cable and internet is bundled, ditching cable would actually cost me money. If that situation ever changes, I don’t know if I could justify paying for cable separately. 

I watch the first hour (previously 90 minutes), take a fat shit and shower during OP, then watch Naruto before bed. I just can’t justify to myself stopping Naruto now when I have watched it for the past 480 some weeks. I’d wager in the fall when it’s gone, I’ll probably just be in bed after the first 60/90 minutes. 

I think around 2014 was when I decided I wanted more out of anime than Toonami was able to offer and started sporadically watching things on my own. Now I do about 3-4 series a month. 

I'm a weirdo that pays for Sling almost entirely for Toonami, some other stuff on CN/AS and Boomerang. Though I do occasionally watch other things on channels like AMC and FX.

But I'm also at the point where if I have the option to hang out with a friend or see a movie, I'm more inclined to do that then stay home to watch Toonami. There were long swaths of last year when I wasn't watching much besides the current original and One Piece (which would be a rewatch for me) and I wouldn't blame anyone for not watching much of the block last year, other recent years or the current year.

• Thanks 1

On 4/24/2024 at 12:05 PM, CountFrylock said:

Cable television is mostly  reruns these days. A lot of channels are just playing old movies and tv shows     That isn’t worth paying so much for 

Maybe it would be different if the networks were showing new movies, but those seem to go straight to streaming with no other option. Look at the Paramount Network, for instance: they haven't added anything new in years, feels like. Just the umpteeth reruns of Forrest Gump, Shooter, and Adam Sandler comedies to go with a bunch of Bar Rescue reruns. Interestingly, networks aimed at younger viewers have been better about this, but still rely on a lot of old favorites. I've seen the original Jumanji playing on the living room TV a couple times this week.

Personally, I don't pay for cable, but at this point I use it mostly for sports and whatever [as] is showing. Lately my family has been engrossed in the show 9-1-1, so reruns of that on USA and WEtv are a constant feature on the 'ol idiot box.