UnevenEdge

Ninja Kamui Episode 9 Sub & Dub Discussion!!

Just now, ben0119 said:

Why couldn't she use those suits to save herself as well?

This is lame.

Yeah, how did she not repair her suit or steal a better one for herself if she stole their newest one for Higan?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, how did she not repair her suit or steal a better one for herself if she stole their newest one for Higan?

Was also just standing there.  Surely running could have helped get some distance from the explosion?  And did the other two suits get taken out in the fight?

Just now, ben0119 said:

Was also just standing there.  Surely running could have helped get some distance from the explosion?  And did the other two suits get taken out in the fight?

Given how wide the blast I don't think running would have helped, which I guess she knew. Higan was in the blast zone too and even Mike was (if not for those dolls covering him) despite being relatively far away.

3 minutes ago, saito34 said:

seriously, no need to kill her off

The opening story with killing the wife and kid was enough to take, as it is.  This is just going overboard.

Now I'm just disinterested and unenthused.  I'll watch the rest, but only for completion's sake.  Won't re-watch.

• Thanks 1

Just now, DangerMouse said:

Given how wide the blast I don't think running would have helped, which I guess she knew. Higan was in the blast zone too and even Mike was (if not for those dolls covering him) despite being relatively far away.

It's dumb regardless of it if made sense how it happened.  Shouldn't have happened.  Why do the suits have a self-destruct anyway?

3 minutes ago, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

The show is about revenge, so honestly makes sense. Gives them even more now to get revenge for.

But it reaches a point where you just go overboard and piss the audience off.  I don't really care what happens anymore now.

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

The opening story with killing the wife and kid was enough to take, as it is.  This is just going overboard.

Now I'm just disinterested and unenthused.  I'll watch the rest, but only for completion's sake.  Won't re-watch.

Agreed, just feels redundant and unnecessary. The revenge scenario was clearly established with the murder of his wife and child. That was enough fuel for the entire show. She was the most interesting character on the show so far by a wide margin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ben0119 said:

It's dumb regardless of it if made sense how it happened.  Shouldn't have happened.  Why do the suits have a self-destruct anyway?

Agreed, it's super dumb regardless and shouldn't have happened.

Hell, kill off that Jason guy instead.

Given that enemy guy called that other guy an asshole for doing it instead of a designed self-destruct I'm guessing that bastard just remotely overloaded that guy's suit to turn it into a makeshift bomb, of course it technically achieves the same thing as a self-destruct. Sigh.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Agreed, just feels redundant and unnecessary. The revenge scenario was clearly established with the murder of his wife and child. That was enough fuel for the entire show. She was the most interesting character on the show so far by a wide margin.

Yeah that was more than enough, and that origin story itself is enough to turn some people off.  Emma was interesting, also very likable and sympathetic.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Yeah.

I'm still in but I totally agree this was completely unnecessary and Emma was the most interesting character in the show. And we'd even already gotten a fake out two episodes ago.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Agreed, it's super dumb regardless and shouldn't have happened.

Hell, kill off that Jason guy instead.

Given that enemy guy called that other guy an asshole for doing it instead of a designed self-destruct I'm guessing that bastard just remotely overloaded that guy's suit to turn it into a makeshift bomb, of course it technically achieves the same thing as a self-destruct. Sigh.

Haha kill off Jason that would be something.  I hope there's no condition about this character not dying lol.

Yeah that sounds about right as far as what happened.

• Like 1

Sorry that I missed the last two weeks of Toonami guys!

But I went back and rewatched the latest episode of NK, and damn, what an episode. Emma's death scene was pretty heart wrenching, I wanted to see her make it out of this show alive. Here's to hoping Mike and Jason make it..

This show is pretty fucking good. Best [as] original IMO

• OwlChemist81 changed the title to Ninja Kamui Episode 9 Sub & Dub Discussion!!
2 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

[sigh] What the fuck are those idiots on ANN even doing...

The front page is supposed to be spoiler-proof, guys! Or is there just an unspoken exception for series you don't really like all that much? :extremeindifferent:

They’re so fucked up.

Back from actually watching the episode, finally. Emma's death was executed well enough that I'm not pissed at it in and of itself, or in the role it's playing in the show's plot. Really, I'm more mad at [as] and ANN for spoiling it without care or caution than I am at the writers for thinking it the right course of action to take! Still, I knew from the beginning this show was gonna qualify as "Too Bleak Stopped Caring", and well...

On 4/7/2024 at 12:26 AM, ben0119 said:

Well, this show is officially ruined now lol.

On 4/7/2024 at 12:32 AM, ben0119 said:

On 4/7/2024 at 12:37 AM, ben0119 said:

But it reaches a point where you just go overboard and piss the audience off.  I don't really care what happens anymore now.

I'm glad I was right on that front.

Eh, I'm okay with Emma's death. I was more surprised that she bit it in this episode as opposed to Mike. Nice bait-and-switch from the next-episode preview.

I'm just hoping Mike survives at this point, and maybe Jason too. Joe's going to get his revenge on AUZA, and I think there's a good chance he ends up sacrificing himself to make it happen. Besides, he's already got a big target on his back by directly challenging them, which is why I assume Emma was at peace with dying since Joe told her she'd have to go on the run once this was all over.

Also, pour one out for Big D. Dude thought he was Henry Henderson back there. He wasn't as notable as the gay midget, but I'll remember him and his exquisitely-maintained fade.

• Top Gun unpinned this topic