UnevenEdge

From the manga page I saw, they both lost a hand here.  Don't know why it's being censored after everything else that's been shown. So they fell asleep and didn't bleed out?  Did the chakra cauderize the wounds?

Oh there it is.  And way more than hands, half their arms!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

From the manga page I saw, they both lost a hand here.  Don't know why it's being censored after everything else that's been shown. So they fell asleep and didn't bleed out?  Did the chakra cauderize the wounds?

Yeah that was weird, not sure how they're not bleeding out lmao, but then again it's Naruto (and Sasuke).

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

yeah, they saved the revelation for the end in the manga, too.

man, did i scream whn i read it. lol

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah that was weird, not sure how they're not bleeding out lmao, but then again it's Naruto (and Sasuke).

I thought maybe the heat created by the energy of the chidori and rasengan colliding might have cauderized the wounds, like a lightsaber wound, but there was blood shown, haha.  Who knows.

2 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

yeah, they saved the revelation for the end in the manga, too.

man, did i scream whn i read it. lol

Oh ok.  Maybe I remembered the page wrong.  I remembered just hands missing.

And damn haha.

3 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

kids today are missing out on the reruns. the reruns are how you beame a superfan. how you identified foreshadowing and story patterns

If it was a longer show in reruns, you had to jump in and hope the beginning would roll back around.  Recording with a VCR would at least help if it came on when you couldn't watch it.  I came in during the Androids Saga and had to buy VHS tapes to see what happened before.  But the story is still the kind you can jump in at any time.

Totally called it being a flashback-heavy ep (I mean.. I guess you could flip a coin on that and it'll usually be right for this show......)

But, it did kinda work with the structure of being a bunch of disjointed memories. Despite the flashbacks, the episode very clearly had to be laid out the way it did; there's no other way you could've gotten those final shots without setting up the whole episode for the reveal.

With all the ways this has been going so well, it's really hard to imagine the final stretch of episodes being able to hold onto this level of quality.

I know everyone has joked about this forever, but every single line between the two of them in this episode was literal romantic dialogue. I honestly think that the entire series would have been much better if that was canon. Naruto's been pining after Sasuke like a jilted lover this whole time, so why not formalize it?

Anyway, as a friend said, that might have been a legitimately good episode if it was in any way earned. But it wasn't, so we're left with Naruto pouring his heart out to someone who's been an insufferable git since day one. 

Ehhh... it comes off a little better if you just accept he was putting up a front from the start. Whole family is dead, and he knows his favorite brother did it, he knows the whole village gives him the side-eye as a potential traitor/usurper just because of his family, etc. It's not so incredibly unreasonable that he decides to push everyone away before they have a chance to turn their back on him.

Sure, in fairness, he does get carried away with letting himself believe he's actually better than everyone and they're all beneath him. But that's kinda where Naruto comes in to prove him wrong. In his own way, he sees through the front, sees the whole "I'm better than everyone" act as a means of keeping everyone away, and he's determined to break through it. He sees it because he knows his own actions were a way of controlling how everyone shunned him. That's the whole dichotomy here, that they were both doing it, exerting whatever control they could to twist the glances and whispers into a narrative of their own choosing, rather than something out of their control.

While I'm not explicitly opposed to the "romantic" memery, it's really only ever seemed to me like this is blatantly just a "two sides of the same coin" scenario.

They both needed to work on accepting themselves. Y'know, a little self-love. Maybe with each other.