UnevenEdge

Seeking some insight

Soooooo, eating a banana and drinking a Sprite is a challenge?

Do you know how many years I did this....is this what's causing my gastric disease...how is it not more well known not to do this....

Bananas are one of the few fruits I can eat raw...that and peaches.

Am I being trolled...did I fuck myself up....calling my Dr tomorrow to tell him I've done this for years... dafuq.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/pop-culture/news-what-banana-sprite-you-how-works-reaction-viral-challenge

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Works for me.

in all seriousness, you gotta be Westpark to be drinking a liter of anything at once.

Scoob...

Scoobaloob

scoob.gif.56ffea7541e19606fe83d3ec3c639a1f.gif

You're telling me when you were in college you never once downed a whole pitcher after wild home game?

What about all those years in marching band? Never downed a liter water after a long practice in the heat?

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Works for me.

in all seriousness, you gotta be Westpark to be drinking a liter of anything at once.

They are 16.5  oz, but as i said, I DID it for years...I barely drink soda now unless it's the only option OR if the other option is coffee...which can definitely happen at work

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, molarbear said:

Scoob...

Scoobaloob

scoob.gif.56ffea7541e19606fe83d3ec3c639a1f.gif

You're telling me when you were in college you never once downed a whole pitcher after wild home game?

What about all those years in marching band? Never downed a liter water after a long practice in the heat?

No, but I did down a liter of beer on one or two occasions.

2 hours ago, André Toulon said:

They are 16.5  oz, but as i said, I DID it for years...I barely drink soda now unless it's the only option OR if the other option is coffee...which can definitely happen at work

If anything, Sprite or Starry are of the few things I think you can down with fewer long term health issues compared to Coke, Pepsi, Dr Pepper, or the like.  I don’t even really consider it a soda (although it is) because it doesn’t have cola and caffeine.

2 hours ago, scoobdog said:

If anything, Sprite or Starry are of the few things I think you can down with fewer long term health issues compared to Coke, Pepsi, Dr Pepper, or the like.  I don’t even really consider it a soda (although it is) because it doesn’t have cola and caffeine.

The long term issues are related to the sugar load and the empty calories far more than the caffeine. Also, carbonation can cause distention and worsen reflux, no matter what the flavor.

6 hours ago, mthor said:

The long term issues are related to the sugar load and the empty calories far more than the caffeine. Also, carbonation can cause distention and worsen reflux, no matter what the flavor.

The key phrase was "...compared to...".  It might be misleading, but we're talking in context to other more commonly available soft drinks in liters, not in relation to all available beverages. (For instance:  you aren't as likely to consume a liter of beer in an open environment because that would cause pronounced intoxication, or consuming a beverage with natural sugars as opposed to HFCs would trigger a physiological shut-off response well before you get to a liter worth.)  For the most part, cola sodas dominate the market and have the added detriment of caffeine which adds health problems on top of the usual for HFC related ones.  Drinking a liter of cola soda boosts the consumed caffeine amounts into coffee territory which add risk to those with pulmonary and cardiovascular issues.

3 hours ago, scoobdog said:

The key phrase was "...compared to...".  It might be misleading, but we're talking in context to other more commonly available soft drinks in liters, not in relation to all available beverages. (For instance:  you aren't as likely to consume a liter of beer in an open environment because that would cause pronounced intoxication, or consuming a beverage with natural sugars as opposed to HFCs would trigger a physiological shut-off response well before you get to a liter worth.)  For the most part, cola sodas dominate the market and have the added detriment of caffeine which adds health problems on top of the usual for HFC related ones.  Drinking a liter of cola soda boosts the consumed caffeine amounts into coffee territory which add risk to those with pulmonary and cardiovascular issues.

Shut up, Scoob

• Haha 2