UnevenEdge

Dr. Stone Episode #42 (307) Discussion

10 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

...it doesn't? Right from the start they're magically already at the island and talking about inhabitants whom we didn't even know existed. I was sitting there thinking, "Wait a second, did we skip something?"

I was thinking we knew about the inhabitants already, but I think that was from the preview for next week.

So is this the first time the Soyuz guy appeared?  I don't recognize him.  Would he have been introduced last week?

And look at that, the promo just previewed the episode we just saw!

It's bad enough Toonami couldn't get the special episode, they can't even play the right episodes they do have!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

So is this the first time the Soyuz guy appeared?  I don't recognize him.  Would he have been introduced last week?

That's the part that threw me off too, that new guy. And especially once you pointed it out as weird. And then it finally hit me when Top Gun said it, we should know everyone on the ship since we went through that whole boarding last time.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

Well, that was a literal gas. Tch. And we got the preview for next week's ep... which was this week's ep. Anyone still doubting we skipped one, guess that puts aside any last notions of that.

I swear this staff can't do anything right. :LithiumSmileyIndifferent:

I also don't like how that promo would have spoiled the big petrification moment.  What the hell are they thinking?!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

That's the part that threw me off too, that new guy. And especially once you pointed it out as weird. And then it finally hit me when Top Gun said it, we should know everyone on the ship since we went through that whole boarding last time.

Well we didn't get to see the special episode and I still haven't got around to watching it.  So I thought maybe this Soyuz guy was introduced in that episode and I just didn't notice or forgot him joining the crew last week haha.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Well we didn't get to see the special episode and I still haven't got around to watching it.  So I thought maybe this Soyuz guy was introduced in that episode and I just didn't notice or forgot him joining the crew last week haha.

Yup indeed

yea I def don't like their choice of promo, wouldve spoiled the big wtf petrification moment. Almost makes it worth that they accidentally skipped ep 6. I also don't like when bumpers contain moments from episodes that haven't aired yet.

ep 6 is gonna air next week then theyll rerun ep 7

content successfully stretchd

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On CBS Saturday Morning just now, on Saturday Sessions was the band First Aid Kit, and there was a woman singing whose facial proportions are a lot like some of the women in Dr. Stone, For Real!!

What's even weirder is the band is led by 2 sisters, and her taller sister actually has more normal facial proportions...

But I digress. The best episode so far of Season 3 of Dr. STONE reairs tonight at 12:30--don't miss it!

• Like 1

2 weeks this very episode was a *record scratch* “I bet you’re wondering how I ended up in this” 

Now it’s time for episode with all the proper context.

I’m saddened to say I won’t be able to hangout with you guys and watch Toonami for the second weekend in a row. I’m finishing up another out of town weekend with Otakon. I’m missing you all so much!

• Like 2

Soyuz remembered something from when he was a baby. 🤣

Only really young memories I have are of being held over a pool, it seemed like a massively deep pool, but I was told it was a backyard pool.  And the vacuum cleaner being giant.  But I probably wasn't even a baby then and that's not much deal.

I'm glad I don't remember eating the Christmas ornament when I was 11 months old!  It sounds incredibly painful!  I had to have emergency surgery.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rpgamer said:

For a moment I wondered why they didn't have Tom announcing they made an oops and why they were repeating this episode..

Then I remembered, everyone's on strike.

The Toonami crew aren't included in that, are they?