UnevenEdge

Botox, for headaches

André Toulon

So I was unsure when I heard this in the background but they are treating migraines with Botox?

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/treatment-tests-and-therapies/botulinum-toxin-injectables-for-migraines#:~:text=Botulinum toxin treatments have been,a candidate for this treatment.

Which is weird to me because I've heard Botox causes headaches.... everything I've googled in the last 10 minutes leads me to believe it is ultimately the same shit....so I'm mostly making this thread to ask if you would try it for migraines.

Edited by André Toulon

2 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

If your migraines are bad enough, you are willing to try anything at least once.

That's a fair point. I usually don't get debilitating migraines so I wouldn't know what it's like to have them every single day.

1 hour ago, Gemini said:

That's a fair point. I usually don't get debilitating migraines so I wouldn't know what it's like to have them every single day.

I've had to have a spinal injection for pain. 

It was supposed to last 6 months.

It only took a few days for my system to adapt, adjust and purge. An opioid will work for exactly 20 minutes max but when it gets the system purge, it strips every natural blocker I already have in place to function and leaves me crippled for several hours. Morphine turns my blood to flaming peppermint until it's purged. 

If someone finds out that botox works for their pain and doesn't have any adverse effects [ other than maybe that plastic face look ], then I can definitely understand why they'd keep sticking mushroom toxin into their skull meats. I've drunk mistletoe for the same reason.

• Like 1

See, I was hoping someone had experience in the cosmetic injections because I've heard from people first hand that it causes migraines....Now I guess it's due to the injection site or something like that....But I just wanted to hear it from someone other than my anecdotal evidence.

i used to get migraines. sometimes severe, the last one i got was at work. the lights, the noises, the phones ringing. it was so horrible. i had to get under my desk, jacket over me. close to vomitting, but holding it back. 

after that, someone recommended i get the daith peircing i currently have. i haven't had as severe or close to a migraine since 2006. 

now, i don't know if this particular piercing will work for you, and i can't say completely that this helped, but....since 2006, nothing like that day. 

*edit, if you're looking for alternatives. 

Edited by discolé monade

16 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

I've had to have a spinal injection for pain. 

It was supposed to last 6 months.

It only took a few days for my system to adapt, adjust and purge. An opioid will work for exactly 20 minutes max but when it gets the system purge, it strips every natural blocker I already have in place to function and leaves me crippled for several hours. Morphine turns my blood to flaming peppermint until it's purged. 

If someone finds out that botox works for their pain and doesn't have any adverse effects [ other than maybe that plastic face look ], then I can definitely understand why they'd keep sticking mushroom toxin into their skull meats. I've drunk mistletoe for the same reason.

And I completely understand that. I think the problem is a lot of people on the internet think everybody has had the same life experiences they've had when that's nowhere near the case. I wish more people would remember that.

Edited by Gemini

13 hours ago, André Toulon said:

See, I was hoping someone had experience in the cosmetic injections because I've heard from people first hand that it causes migraines....Now I guess it's due to the injection site or something like that....But I just wanted to hear it from someone other than my anecdotal evidence.

The uppity white lady at my job said it doesn't give her headaches, she just looks like shit for the rest of the day afterwards. 

She's going for wrinkles though not migraines 

• Like 2