UnevenEdge

ASMB Survivor The Third Challenge: Any Reason For A Four Day Weekend…

Game Master

1 minute ago, blueraven1999 said:

They're probably still celebrating the 4th of July.  Kinda weird that it's due on a holiday.

Yeah it was midnight for the Eastern Time zone but for most of the US it was still the 4th.

I was thinking the exact same thing. It seems like it shouldn’t be due until tomorrow night.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, blueraven1999 said:

They're probably still celebrating the 4th of July.  Kinda weird that it's due on a holiday.

Yeah it was midnight for the Eastern Time zone but for most of the US it was still the 4th.

I know, and I agree. Still, I'm but your humble fellow Team Dean member and not the @Game Master.

I just realized this feels like a super elaborate version of Dungeons and Dragons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Vela said:

Ah scoob...he went through this with me during the first challenge :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

I still think I should've let you submit something instead of me swooping in at the last possible moment and putting something in.

16 minutes ago, Gemini said:

I still think I should've let you submit something instead of me swooping in at the last possible moment and putting something in.

Oh...no being late was unrelated to the time confusion.  We would have been over a day late if you hadn't submitted something, or we would have submitted something unfinished. 

No, what I meant was I had to have scoob tell me in two different ways what time/day the submissions were due, lol.  I was like, "soooooooo essentially the night before...." and he was like, "Well...no literally by midnight the day of, but whatever you need to tell yourself."  I'm paraphrasing, but I know he's sitting there wondering what's wrong with us and questioning how we've survived in this society for so long.  The answer is; barely, scoob.  Barely. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

Edited by Vela

2 minutes ago, Vela said:

Oh...no being late was unrelated to the time confusion.  We would have been over a day late if you hadn't submitted something, or we would have submitted something unfinished. 

No, what I meant was I had to have scoob tell me in two different ways what time/day the submissions were due, lol.  I was like, "soooooooo essentially the night before...." and he was like, "Well...no literally by midnight the day of, but whatever you need to tell yourself."  I'm paraphrasing, but I know he's sitting there wondering what's wrong with us and questioning how we've survived in this society for so long.  The answer is; barely, scoob.  Barely. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

Okay. Fair enough. lol

30 minutes ago, Vela said:

After that , I’m like “ Just turn that shit in ok?   Pleeeease?”

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

You must not realize how difficult this shit is!

I tried to keep the prompts as simple and open ended as possible so people could have fun, but you guys went way beyond what I had originally intended.  What you all are doing is difficult even for me.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

I tried to keep the prompts as simple and open ended as possible so people could have fun, but you guys went way beyond what I had originally intended.  What you all are doing is difficult even for me.

We go way beyond because we want to win! It just hasn’t worked in our favor….yet.

1 hour ago, discolé monade said:

i honestly have no idea what is actually going on....

but i am just ^really^ happy to be here. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, The_annoying_one said:

We go way beyond because we want to win! It just hasn’t worked in our favor….yet.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy you guys were all in on this.  It be disingenuous of me to say this is all Buddy's idea, but I did want this to be something that he'd appreciate and I had absolutely no idea if anyone would actually want to play.  Even Gemini Shaqting the fool made it feel authentic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy you guys were all in on this.  It be disingenuous of me to say this is all Buddy's idea, but I did want this to be something that he'd appreciate and I had absolutely no idea if anyone would actually want to play.  Even Gemini Shaqting the fool made it feel authentic.

I almost backed out of this challenge before it even started because I completely sucked at the rest we’ve done. But I’m really glad I didn’t. Win or lose, this has been a lot of fun. A lot of stress too, but that’s okay.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vela said:

I like Scoob but I don't think he's very clear with his due dates.  Otherwise I wouldn't have to ask

2 or 3 times after the challenge was announced.  I think the due date was clear for the first and second challenge

but not the third.

One last edit:  Also I think it would be easier if submissions were due at 11 PM instead of Midnight since

the voting is Eastern Time based.  Midnight Eastern time is the day after for the rest of the time zones

so it confuses me a little every time.  If It was 11 Eastern, it would be due the same day for the rest of the country.

(Not sure if I worded that correctly.

Edited by blueraven1999

51 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I almost backed out of this challenge before it even started because I completely sucked at the rest we’ve done. But I’m really glad I didn’t. Win or lose, this has been a lot of fun. A lot of stress too, but that’s okay.

I feel exactly this way.

I have fun in our collabs and during these challenges was the most I've ever interacted with @StarPanda and @blueraven1999 before, plus it seems like I see more of @[classic swim] posts around ever since we nominated him last challenge. :D

But it can certainly be difficult to concentrate on the challenges on days where real life leaves you brain dead, which then turns it into stressful.  Before we would visit the boards on our own time and often with no agenda.  But now there's all this...purpose and thinking and shit, lol. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, blueraven1999 said:

Yes definitely but I really like ours.  It has a nice Elvira feel to it.

Elvira, Mistress of the Dark (official) - ELVIRA Rock Candy Horror 5" vinyl  figure from @originalfunko is out now! #elviramistressofthedark  #funkorockcandy #funko #horrortoys #horrorfigures #mistressofthedark |  Facebook

movie gifs — magnusedom: Cassandra Peterson as Elvira ELVIRA:...

Edited by Vela
I have to say, our wigs are about as equally realistic XD XD XD
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vela said:

I feel exactly this way.

I have fun in our collabs and during these challenges was the most I've ever interacted with @StarPanda and @blueraven1999 before, plus it seems like I see more of @[classic swim] posts around ever since we nominated him last challenge. :D

But it can certainly be difficult to concentrate on the challenges on days where real life leaves you brain dead, which then turns it into stressful.  Before we would visit the boards on our own time and often with no agenda.  But now there's all this...purpose and thinking and shit, lol. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

Wonder Twin Powers, ACTIVATE!

No, but, seriously, you completely hit the nail on the head with this post. I really enjoyed meeting @StarPanda and @blueraven1999, especially since I probably never would've had the chance otherwise, since we frequent different areas of the boards.

You are exactly right about real life getting in the way. Complete shitposting has always been fun, but finally doing something here that almost has a purpose has been cool, minus always having to think. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Wonder Twin Powers, ACTIVATE!

No, but, seriously, you completely hit the nail on the head with this post. I really enjoyed meeting @StarPanda and @blueraven1999, especially since I probably never would've had the chance otherwise, since we frequent different areas of the boards.

You are exactly right about real life getting in the way. Complete shitposting has always been fun, but finally doing something here that almost has a purpose has been cool, minus always having to think. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

Thank you (:  It was nice meeting you, Gemini, and Vela.  I pretty much live in the tv folder since that's where my YouTube thread is

and sometimes post in the anime thread since I've been watching anime since 2001.  Yeah I never would have met you guys if it wasn't

for this game.  I don't know which folder Star usually hangs out in now since I normally don't see him around but I'm sure he was happy to

meet you guys as well.  I've known Star for years since he was a nomad back in the Lithium ASMB.  I saw him a lot in OA from time to time

and in other folders.  He's a cool guy and hopefully we'll win this challenge for him.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Vela said:

I feel exactly this way.

I'm brain dead most of the time.  Sorry I haven't been able to help much but I'll try to in the next part of the challenge.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, blueraven1999 said:

Thank you (:  It was nice meeting you, Gemini, and Vela.  I pretty much live in the tv folder since that's where my YouTube thread is

and sometimes post in the anime thread since I've been watching anime since 2001.  Yeah I never would have met you guys if it wasn't

for this game.  I don't know which folder Star usually hangs out in now since I normally don't see him around but I'm sure he was happy to

meet you guys as well.  I've known Star for years since he was a nomad back in the Lithium ASMB.  I saw him a lot in OA from time to time

and in other folders.  He's a cool guy and hopefully we'll win this challenge for him.

It was awesome meeting you, too. I like that I've basically become the idea guy on our team. (As in I put forth the initial idea and start the brainstorming process because, well, someone's gotta start it, right?) You, StarPanda, and T_a_o have helped out in that regard, too. Helping us come up with our final concept for every challenge so far, including this one. Vela happens to be this amazingly creative person, kind of like a knitting needle putting the best parts of our ideas together into a finely-crafted piece of art. So don't sell yourself short, okay?

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Gemini said:

It was awesome meeting you, too. I like that I've basically become the idea guy on our team. (As in I put forth the initial idea and start the brainstorming process because, well, someone's gotta start it, right?) You, StarPanda, and T_a_o have helped out in that regard, too. Helping us come up with our final concept for every challenge so far, including this one. Vela happens to be this amazingly creative person, kind of like a knitting needle putting the best parts of our ideas together into a finely-crafted piece of art. So don't sell yourself short, okay?

I was just about to apologize for not helping enough in this game, but you just talked me out of it. Thank you, man. Matter of fact, thank you to our entire team (both former and current). Let the battle begin!! (Whenever the voting thread gets made, I mean.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2