UnevenEdge

It's Summer, so naturally this thought came to mind.

GuyBeardmane

I'm pretty sure a vampire could turn a werewolf, but I don't think a werewolf could turn a vampire.

From my understanding, both vampires and werewolves are capable of inflicting bites that have the capability of turning the recipient into another vampire/werewolf.  But werewolves are living creatures where vampires are undead, and going along with the process of being undead I don't believe vampires hearts pump blood.  They consume blood, but I think it's just demonic evil that keeps them alive.  So a werewolf bite wouldn't be able to infect a vampire's bloodstream to get them to turn into a werepire, but since werewolves are living beings if one was to get bitten by a vampire they could get turned into a vampwolf.

Thank you for attending my TED Talk.  Put this in the Horror folder for future discussion.

• Haha 5

On 6/24/2023 at 4:07 PM, GuyBeardmane said:

I'm pretty sure a vampire could turn a werewolf, but I don't think a werewolf could turn a vampire.

From my understanding, both vampires and werewolves are capable of inflicting bites that have the capability of turning the recipient into another vampire/werewolf.  But werewolves are living creatures where vampires are undead, and going along with the process of being undead I don't believe vampires hearts pump blood.  They consume blood, but I think it's just demonic evil that keeps them alive.  So a werewolf bite wouldn't be able to infect a vampire's bloodstream to get them to turn into a werepire, but since werewolves are living beings if one was to get bitten by a vampire they could get turned into a vampwolf.

Thank you for attending my TED Talk.  Put this in the Horror folder for future discussion.

Let me break it down for you with some TOS logic homie

Vamps can turn humans but not WW. The WW can't turn anyone, it just murdilates the poop out of stuff and all the turning stuff is made up

*elephant sparkles

On 6/24/2023 at 5:07 PM, GuyBeardmane said:

There are all sorts of vampires and werewolves.  But if you go the True Blood route vampires have this regenerative thing going on; at dusk they go to sleep, regenerate while they sleep and then wake up in the same form they were in on the day they were turned into a vamp.  For example there's a character in the show that's a virgin when she's turned into a vamp.  She later falls in love with someone, sha bing sha...bang...but then guess how she wakes up the next night?  A virgin again.  Has to fucken pop the cherry every single damn time she has sex.   So my proposal is that WW can turn vamps considering vamps are running on human blood, but vamps are only howling for a small duration of time until the infected blood has run it's course and they need to replenish.  

29 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

Ok, but here's my eternal question:

Do werewolves grow extra nipples when they transform? Or do they just always have extra nipples even when they're human?

Well now we're getting into the reproductive organ realm.

I think this goes back to there being different types of werewolves.  The oldest versions of werewolves (norse, greek, babylonian) were straight up wolves, people turned into wolves...and I would say those guys probably had six nipples as they were no longer human.  But then when you get into the later European/Western versions you get hybrids...which may or may not have extra nipples.  If the hybrids are able to take on human form then it would be reasonable to say they would have two nipples when in human form...and could quite possibly have six nipples in human/wolf form.

Edited by Vela

On 6/24/2023 at 5:07 PM, GuyBeardmane said:

I agree, to simplify your theory or put an alternative spin on it. Vampires have succumb to and are no susceptible to disease anymore. Werewolves have a disease but still got room for more.

i may be wrong, but in elder scrolls lore you can't be a hybrid at all, though you can go from one to the other. being as both are "gifts" from daedric princes (vampirism from molag bal, lycanthropy from Hircine) i don't think they can really hybridize in such a way. or, if they did, it would take a lot of fucky magic stuff that you could only learn from hermaeus mora. 

29 minutes ago, Lynnrael said:

i may be wrong, but in elder scrolls lore you can't be a hybrid at all, though you can go from one to the other. being as both are "gifts" from daedric princes (vampirism from molag bal, lycanthropy from Hircine) i don't think they can really hybridize in such a way. or, if they did, it would take a lot of fucky magic stuff that you could only learn from hermaeus mora. 

20 hours ago, InsaneFox said:

I agree, to simplify your theory or put an alternative spin on it. Vampires have succumb to and are no susceptible to disease anymore. Werewolves have a disease but still got room for more.

I was thinking along the lines of, if lycanthropy alters the blood and vampires require blood to sustain themselves then it's possible that their blood could either be infected or that they could ingest infected blood that would temporarily alter their chemical makeup.  Seems like it would be temporary for a vampire, but it would be permanent for a werewolf if they were turned undead.  But then there's the old fashioned lycanthropes and vampires who, like Lynnrael said, are afflicted by a curse...in which case...why couldn't a vampire be cursed too?  Does one curse negate the other?  If they can turn into fricken bats...why not wolves?  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Vela said:

I was thinking along the lines of, if lycanthropy alters the blood and vampires require blood to sustain themselves then it's possible that their blood could either be infected or that they could ingest infected blood that would temporarily alter their chemical makeup.  Seems like it would be temporary for a vampire, but it would be permanent for a werewolf if they were turned undead.  But then there's the old fashioned lycanthropes and vampires who, like Lynnrael said, are afflicted by a curse...in which case...why couldn't a vampire be cursed too?  Does one curse negate the other?  If they can turn into fricken bats...why not wolves?  

in elder scrolls i think it doesn't work because daedra don't like sharing their playthings

but honestly it's really one of those things that is heavily dependent on whatever lore you're working with and the mechanisms involved. magic and curses could be altered in a variety of ways to hybridize either creature, and multiple viruses can easily infect the same body. 

but i would imagine a vampire would be immune any and all diseases carried by blood in the first place, so i doubt lycanthropy would affect them. a werewolf would absolutely be able to become a vampire but i don't see it going the other way, even temporarily. blood is just fuel for whatever keeps them in a state of undeath, and being susceptible to viruses would make that problematic 

Edited by Lynnrael
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lynnrael said:

but i would imagine a vampire would be immune any and all diseases carried by blood in the first place, even temporarily.

blood is just fuel for whatever keeps them in a state of undeath, and being susceptible to viruses would make that problematic 

Because they're dead (undead).  But then why need the blood at all?  What does the blood actually do...if it sustains them in some way then it effects them in some way.  I get that there are diseases that animals get that are noninfectious to humans and vise versa,  but lycanthropy is infectious to humans which vampires once were.  

(when fuel goes bad you replace it) Being susceptible to viruses wouldn't be problematic with their regenerative properties, it'd be like eating a bad batch of something that stays in your system until your body expels it, so it'd be temporary.

Just now, Vela said:

Because they're dead (undead).  But then why need the blood at all?  What does the blood actually do...if it sustains them in some way then it effects them in some way.  I get that there are diseases that animals get that are noninfectious to humans and vise versa,  but lycanthropy is infectious to humans which vampires once were.  

(when fuel goes bad you replace it) Being susceptible to viruses wouldn't be problematic with their regenerative properties, it'd be like eating a bad batch of something that stays in your system until your body expels it, so it'd be temporary.

What about a Time Lord that is also either a vampire or a werewolf?

6 minutes ago, Gemini said:

What about a Time Lord that is also either a vampire or a werewolf?

Well, now the Time Lords aren't human.  There's no telling what sort of effect being turned by vampires would do to them.  Presumably they can't be turned into vampires as they apparently fought Great Vampires in a long drawn out war which resulted in a large amount of deaths on both sides, but no mention of anybody being turned.  Unless some were and were then also exterminated by their own kind.   Werewolves on the other hand...the Gallifrey created a species of werewolves which were Gallifreyan...soooooo...

That's all I've got on that.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Vela said:

Well, now the Time Lords aren't human.  There's no telling what sort of effect being turned by vampires would do to them.  Presumably they can't be turned into vampires as they apparently fought Great Vampires in a long drawn out war which resulted in a large amount of deaths on both sides, but no mention of anybody being turned.  Unless some were and were then also exterminated by their own kind.   Werewolves on the other hand...the Gallifrey created a species of werewolves which were Gallifreyan...soooooo...

That's all I've got on that.

Good to know.

11 minutes ago, Vela said:

My thinking is that they would be immune to human blood borne pathogens too, because they aren't human. Viruses and stuff like that need certain conditions to survive in, like rabies can't survive in opossums because their body temp is too low. For lycanthropy to affect vampires it would need to survive not only in conditions present in the normal human body, but in a human body that might have a very different set of conditions. Assuming vampires maintain similar conditions to a living humans and their various organ systems work in the same way, then maybe it could happen, but again, it would still suck to be susceptible to every pathogen in everyone you feed on, even if you can just regenerate it away. It just doesn't fit my idea of a vampire for them to get sick, honestly. 

That said, if they WANTED to contract a virus, I imagine they'd be able to find a way to make it work. It might take some pacts with demons for forbidden alchemy knowledge, but thats a small price to pay for becoming a badass vampire wolf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lynnrael said:

My thinking is that they would be immune to human blood borne pathogens too, because they aren't human. Viruses and stuff like that need certain conditions to survive in, like rabies can't survive in opossums because their body temp is too low. For lycanthropy to affect vampires it would need to survive not only in conditions present in the normal human body, but in a human body that might have a very different set of conditions. Assuming vampires maintain similar conditions to a living humans and their various organ systems work in the same way, then maybe it could happen, but again, it would still suck to be susceptible to every pathogen in everyone you feed on, even if you can just regenerate it away. It just doesn't fit my idea of a vampire for them to get sick, honestly. 

That said, if they WANTED to contract a virus, I imagine they'd be able to find a way to make it work. It might take some pacts with demons for forbidden alchemy knowledge, but thats a small price to pay for becoming a badass vampire wolf

I agree with everything you said.  It really depends on the type of vampire in question.  The spellcast kind are definitely not human anymore or quite possibly had never been human in the first place but born entirely from darkness.  It doesn't sound like those kind would have a body hospitable to human pathogens.  I guess I was thinking of the True Blood variety which were essentially superhumans, somewhere along the evolution line they picked up traits that other humans didn't.  They're essentially humans that "live" in a cryptobiosis state...like tardigrades hibernating! :LithiumSmileyLaugh:   When these kind of vampires turn humans into vamps it's almost like the humans contract a persistent virus, an infectious disease there is no known cure for.  I think those kind of vampires would be able to contract lycanthropy or some werewolf traits, though temporarily. (in the show they consume fairy blood and become high as a kite until the blood leaves their system.)

Yeah, werevamps would be very baddass.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Vela said:

I agree with everything you said.  It really depends on the type of vampire in question.  The spellcast kind are definitely not human anymore or quite possibly had never been human in the first place but born entirely from darkness.  It doesn't sound like those kind would have a body hospitable to human pathogens.  I guess I was thinking of the True Blood variety which were essentially superhumans, somewhere along the evolution line they picked up traits that other humans didn't.  They're essentially humans that "live" in a cryptobiosis state...like tardigrades hibernating! :LithiumSmileyLaugh:   When these kind of vampires turn humans into vamps it's almost like the humans contract a persistent virus, an infectious disease there is no known cure for.  I think those kind of vampires would be able to contract lycanthropy or some werewolf traits, though temporarily. (in the show they consume fairy blood and become high as a kite until the blood leaves their system.)

Yeah, werevamps would be very baddass.

i really need to watch/read true blood, i hear it's pretty good, and fairy blood as drugs is great lol

Edited by Lynnrael
  • Like 1