UnevenEdge

fathers day

3 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I am not a dad, but this will be my first Father's Day without mine. And it is going to be very rough. But this is probably not the place for this, so....sorry.

*big hugs*   I’m so sorry and please don’t apologize.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

*hugs back* Thank you. I'm still trying to cope with things, and I'm usually.mostly okay, but there are moments....

Be gentle with yourself.  I don’t think anyone fully gets over that kind of grief. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

my sympathies are with you.

while this thread was mainly made to see how people are going to be celebrating the day, i think its ok to talk about not being able to celebrate as well. if you include me, you, and buddy, we are batting 0/3. 

I'm very sorry to hear that. I wanna just spend the day in bed, but I gotta go to my brother-in-law's birthday party.

15 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

*hugs back* Thank you. I'm still trying to cope with things, and I'm usually.mostly okay, but there are moments....

*hugs* I know how you feel, buddy. This is the sixth Fathers Day without my dad and it still feels like the first one without him. Don't misunderstand me. I'm okay for the most part. But some days, the fact he's gone still hits me, and I know it's going to for a long time. This, among other reasons, is why I said to hold on to your loved ones. Don't take them for granted. And mend broken relationships with them because you never know what'll happen.

My dad and I had a great relationship, in case people were wondering. I just wish I had spent more time with him after I moved out of the house.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1