UnevenEdge

Two more June schedules revealed, still no new shows

Looks like one of the UWE episodes is going to run long and offset Toonami by 15 mins on the 10th. Then back to normal the following week. 

The 17th marks the last episode of Food Wars, but I highly doubt they would start a new show the following week since they insist on an annual 4th of July marathon and they usually don’t start shows and immediately stop them. 

Im not gonna lie, at this point I’m growing in skepticism that they ever had a show tied up in Japan in the first place. 

CCF66065-E658-482A-AD26-F324C1326F85.jpeg

DDD9ED23-74F0-42F7-81EF-F0D5F7B27C68.jpeg

• Like 2

I want to be optimistic that Uzumaki will come out, but considering that another Junji Ito anthology (that went from a poor adaptation to a merely OK one) got announced, made, and released after Uzumaki’s initial announcement, my hope for a release ever is significantly tempered.

There's arguably no reason to start another show until Food Wars ends unless they expand so that comes as no surprise. Nice of them to give a heads up about the extra long episode of Unicorn I guess.

It seems pretty dang likely that the last two episodes of Unicorn will premiere on June 22nd and encore on June 24th bumping Dr. Stone to 1am. Either that or maybe they double up One Piece that week. And I'm already dreading the likelihood that Jul 1st will be another Unicorn marathon.

And these schedules also basically confirm they're not showing a DC animated movie the weekend The Flash hits theaters which IMO is a pity because Justice League: Flashpoint is pretty rad.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jman said:

I want to be optimistic that Uzumaki will come out, but considering that another Junji Ito anthology (that went from a poor adaptation to a merely OK one) got announced, made, and released after Uzumaki’s initial announcement, my hope for a release ever is significantly tempered.

We are getting dangerously close to a point where Uzumaki simply cannot air in October while also accommodating two seasons of FLCL which Demarco still seems confident are coming this year. If we start FLCL in July and then immediately go into the second season, I think that’s just enough time where the first Saturday of October is open for Uzumaki. If they announce a different show for July, there’s not really space for FLCL to start until either Superman clears out of the lead, or if the mystery show is very short. 

1 hour ago, Sketch said:

It seems pretty dang likely that the last two episodes of Unicorn will premiere on June 22nd and encore on June 24th bumping Dr. Stone to 1am. Either that or maybe they double up One Piece that week. And I'm already dreading the likelihood that Jul 1st will be another Unicorn marathon

Depending on the title, I could see Dr Stone getting bumped to 1 if it’s something very high profile. Which with this kind of wait, you kinda assume it’s gotta be. 

As for the AoT dub? Fans of that have got to be tearing their hair out because it looks like another full month of it being unaccounted for. 

1 hour ago, Sketch said:

And I'm already dreading the likelihood that Jul 1st will be another Unicorn marathon.

I wouldn't say that's guaranteed. The last year July 4 was on a Tuesday (2017), they did a marathon, but last year didn't have one even though it was on a Monday. I wouldn't be surprised if they're itching to promote UWE again, though... unless it's another Royal Crackers marathon.

On OP's point, I thought there was one Toonami show that aired one premiere episode then got preempted, but I'm not seeing it. Though there have been shows that got preempted after two weeks, as well as ones that had their timeslots switched after one (in Shenmue's case) or two (Hellsing, baby) episodes.

Really, at this point I just wanna know what's happening with the new FLCL sequels, since I thought we heard that they were being dubbed back in February. Are they waiting until both of them are done so they can air them both back-to-back or something?

1 hour ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

We are getting dangerously close to a point where Uzumaki simply cannot air in October while also accommodating two seasons of FLCL which Demarco still seems confident are coming this year. If we start FLCL in July and then immediately go into the second season, I think that’s just enough time where the first Saturday of October is open for Uzumaki. If they announce a different show for July, there’s not really space for FLCL to start until either Superman clears out of the lead, or if the mystery show is very short. 

Depending on the title, I could see Dr Stone getting bumped to 1 if it’s something very high profile. Which with this kind of wait, you kinda assume it’s gotta be. 

As for the AoT dub? Fans of that have got to be tearing their hair out because it looks like another full month of it being unaccounted for. 

With AoTs dub it really makes you wonder what the holdup is since it still isn’t streaming yet. Maybe nobody knows who can premiere it.

1 hour ago, Blatch said:

I wouldn't say that's guaranteed. The last year July 4 was on a Tuesday (2017), they did a marathon, but last year didn't have one even though it was on a Monday. I wouldn't be surprised if they're itching to promote UWE again, though... unless it's another Royal Crackers marathon.

Aside from the last two weeks of the year, marathons exist for no purpose other than to stall for time. If they don’t need to stall, we won’t see a marathon. If they do need to stall, there will be one. But considering how things have been, smart money is they need to stall. 

41 minutes ago, Sketch said:

With AoTs dub it really makes you wonder what the holdup is since it still isn’t streaming yet. Maybe nobody knows who can premiere it.

That’s been my assumption. Toonami thinks they are entitled to it, Crunchyroll does not. So it’s just stuck in limbo until one side caves. Im sure Crunchyroll is getting a lot of hate mail for not having it released yet, so pressure is on them, not Toonami, to be the one to budge.

4 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

Aside from the last two weeks of the year, marathons exist for no purpose other than to stall for time. If they don’t need to stall, we won’t see a marathon. If they do need to stall, there will be one. But considering how things have been, smart money is they need to stall. 

That’s been my assumption. Toonami thinks they are entitled to it, Crunchyroll does not. So it’s just stuck in limbo until one side caves. Im sure Crunchyroll is getting a lot of hate mail for not having it released yet, so pressure is on them, not Toonami, to be the one to budge.

Damn, they’re being petty over less than 24 hours. Seriously just let them post it right away and call it a day. It’s not going to affect ratings one way or another at this point 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/21/2023 at 1:39 AM, ben0119 said:

LOL getting even more desperate, are we?  Resorting to marathons nowhere near a holiday.  I'm surprised Demarco didn't run one last weekend since they were up against Zelda and Mother's Day. 🤣

Memorial Day Weekend is probably the 5th biggest weekend to rely on a marathon, and Toonami DID in:

2015 (Kill La Kill);

2016 (Samurai Champloo); 

2017 (Samurai Jack);

and 2018 (FLCLassic),

As well as a DBZ Kai special in 2014,

So is it REALLY that much of a surprise they're running a marathon in 2023?

4 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Memorial Day Weekend is probably the 5th biggest weekend to rely on a marathon, and Toonami DID in:

2015 (Kill La Kill);

2016 (Samurai Champloo); 

2017 (Samurai Jack);

and 2018 (FLCLassic),

As well as a DBZ Kai special in 2014,

So is it REALLY that much of a surprise they're running a marathon in 2023?

Kind of. The proof has been out there for years now that the majority of holiday marathons are just pointless delays and the only reason viewership on those days declines is because of the marathon itself. The years without a marathon pulled similar numbers to the nights immediately prior. 

Like I said, they just run these to stretch content and stall for time. I had assumed the reason was Dr Stone, but they have already edited clips of it into their block promo, so I see no reason they couldn’t have started it on Saturday and just ran a normal schedule this week. I assume what they actually want to put the brakes on is Food Wars. This marathon + the 4th of July means they only have one odd week in June to cover and can delay the alleged new show till July. 

3 hours ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

lel

Screenshot_20230528_165523_Chrome.jpg

doesn't like transformers either(Never would have gotten Peter Cullen for Toonami If He Had Not been The Voltron Narrator) and doesn't like anything TMNT Related except the original comics

Edited by CountFrylock

6 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

doesn't like transformers either(Never would have gotten Peter Cullen for Toonami If He Had Not been The Voltron Narrator) and doesn't like anything TMNT Related except the original comics

Jason DeMarco, the original Tumblr show runner.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

I mean I'm kind of the same way?

TBF, you have to be of a very specific age range to have been into Transformers and TMNT. If you were either too old for toyetic stuff when it came out or it was before your time (hell even Power Rangers was considered old news by the time I was like 7), it makes sense.

Edited by MasqueradeOverture

TBF, you have to be of a very specific age range to have been into Transformers and TMNT. If you were either too old for toyetic stuff when it came out or it was before your time (hell even Power Rangers was considered old news by the time I was like 7), it makes sense.

the thing is though he admits he really enjoyed the lego movie and that was a movie about a product

the characters aren't even characters that just happen to be lego  they are lego toys in somebody's house

so he can't say "I Don't like movies/shows about products" and then add in that he did enjoy the lego movie though as that's him admitting he enjoyed something based off a product

Edited by CountFrylock

4 hours ago, Jman said:

Jason DeMarco, the original Tumblr show runner.

i don't know why it bothers him anyways....its not like he had any intention of seeing the movie so why bring it up?

as soon as someone points out how silly it is to make a rant about this...He Mutes the tweet in a huff

Edited by CountFrylock

TFG1 was a bit before my time so I didn't catch onto Transformers till Beast Wars. TMNT 1987 hit the airwaves when I was 3 years old and I've been a TMNT fan ever since. Probably anyone born after 1980 could be a fan of both TF and TMNT because those franchises have persisted since 1984 but DeMarco is a bit older than that at least so naturally he'd be more interested in the gritty black and white TMNT comic than the sanitized goofy cartoon. Though Voltron and TFG1 came out around the same time so maybe G1 just didn't appeal to him.

40 minutes ago, Sketch said:

TFG1 was a bit before my time so I didn't catch onto Transformers till Beast Wars. TMNT 1987 hit the airwaves when I was 3 years old and I've been a TMNT fan ever since. Probably anyone born after 1980 could be a fan of both TF and TMNT because those franchises have persisted since 1984 but DeMarco is a bit older than that at least so naturally he'd be more interested in the gritty black and white TMNT comic than the sanitized goofy cartoon. Though Voltron and TFG1 came out around the same time so maybe G1 just didn't appeal to him.

I Guess he just thinks transformers is one big stupid toy commercial that has no appeal to anyone who isn't a kid easily swayed to purchase the next optimus prime toy

Edited by CountFrylock

The man clearly didn't pay enough attention to Beast Wars but I'm sure being forced to air TF Armada, Energon, Cybertron, DICE, Yu-Gi-Oh and Duel Masters was irritating. I seem to recall he didn't dig the 2002 He-Man despite how good it was.

1 minute ago, Sketch said:

The man clearly didn't pay enough attention to Beast Wars but I'm sure being forced to air TF Armada, Energon, Cybertron, DICE, Yu-Gi-Oh and Duel Masters was irritating. I seem to recall he didn't dig the 2002 He-Man despite how good it was.

He does this all the time where he posts an odd take on something but gets mad at anyone who disagrees with him. I mean you can disagree with him, but you have to tread REAL lightly or he gets offended. But if you’re putting something out there that you know is going get pushback- be ready for the comments 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sketch said:

Is he suggesting he doesn’t like Transformers at all, or just that he doesn’t care for the films? I don’t think he is completely anti Transformers. 

3 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

the thing is though he admits he really enjoyed the lego movie and that was a movie about a product

the characters aren't even characters that just happen to be lego  they are lego toys in somebody's house

so he can't say "I Don't like movies/shows about products" and then add in that he did enjoy the lego movie though as that's him admitting he enjoyed something based off a product

I mean, it’s his personal twitter account. He can shitpost on it however he sees fit. I feel like the only reason a lot of people follow him is now and then he drops a snippet of Toonami related news. Without that, he wouldn’t be worth following because he would just be another rando spewing random drivel no one has any reason to care about. I’m not gonna see the Barbie movie either, nobody should care because it doesn’t matter. 

50BDF407-87B6-4027-917B-5CE4CB41559F.jpeg

5 hours ago, Sketch said:

He said Toonami was forced to by advertisers and it rustled his jimmies.

I’m not going to rag on a guy for his personal tastes, but if this isn’t just regular old shitposting, then he really does seem bitter that he can no longe curate the action animation Americans watch.

17 hours ago, brianycpht said:

He does this all the time where he posts an odd take on something but gets mad at anyone who disagrees with him. I mean you can disagree with him, but you have to tread REAL lightly or he gets offended. But if you’re putting something out there that you know is going get pushback- be ready for the comments 

this is my problem....Yes it's his personal twitter account and he's free to have his own opinion on this stuff

but he shouldn't have gotten so offended when someone pointed out that the barbie movie clearly isn't just some hollow soul-less toy commercial like he thinks it is

what part of this trailer makes it seem like "Just a movie to sell dolls to little girls"?

It seems more like A movie that makes fun of barbie rather than one that exists just to promote products and say "Buy this new toy!"

Edited by CountFrylock

2 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

this is my problem....Yes it's his personal twitter account and he's free to have his own opinion on this stuff

but he shouldn't have gotten so offended when someone pointed out that the barbie movie clearly isn't just some hollow soul-less toy commercial like he thinks it is

what part of this trailer makes it seem like "Just a movie to sell dolls to little girls"?

It seems more like A movie that makes fun of barbie rather than one that exists just to promote products and say "Buy this new toy!"

Don’t mind him sharing his opinion, but he seems to posts things he knows are going to generate discussion and disagreements then gets mad at people who don’t agree with him 

I remember when he was big on Ask.fm he responded to me implying my question was really stupid and obvious. He could’ve just not answered. It seemed like he did it to show people how he deals with “dumb” questions 

Hes the smartest guy in the room with the correct opinions on everything and you better not tell him otherwise 

38 minutes ago, [classic swim] said:

Why does he type up ‘Toonami’ on the search bar and actively dig for comments trashing him?

Just makes him look insecure regardless of what he’s even talking about.

It's been years since I've actively followed the guy, but as memory serves he's always been like that. He gets riled up very easily anytime his ego is challenged.

Which I mean hey, it's cool to have an ego, especially if you use it for productive things, it's just social media just seems to bring that side out of people, that side that has to challenge anything that challenges them, some people never learn that not all battles are worth fighting, and Demarco falls into that quite a bit (and frankly so do a lot of people in the business he works in today).

TV/movie, producers, directors, figureheads etc. all seem to take it personally with fans and even detractors of their platform of work, that don't like something, question, or just flat out criticize.

Edited by LoverDemon
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, [classic swim] said:

Why does he type up ‘Toonami’ on the search bar and actively dig for comments trashing him?

0EB0FE27-CA80-406C-8C20-6D1470285AEB.jpeg.e5e416c247a8428788c2a16c77682a4c.jpeg

Just makes him look insecure regardless of what he’s even talking about.

He has been doing that for years. Sometimes he will respond to something everyone forgot about from weeks prior. And it’s not like these are noteworthy people, just random sub 100 followers who are just talking about Toonami. I could see responding if it was someone more significant, let’s say one of the Toonami Faithful crew, but when you see him seek out comments from nobodies to defend himself against makes him come off as really insecure in his own opinions. A couple times I have even seen him comment on statements made on entirely separate websites.

For a guy who claims to not have any free time to research anime for the block to air, he sure has a lot of time to hatescroll twitter every day. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

For a guy who claims to not have any free time to research anime for the block to air, he sure has a lot of time to hatescroll twitter every day. 

As the saying goes, if you don't have enough time for the important stuff, you're probably wasting your time on the stuff that isn't.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

He has been doing that for years. Sometimes he will respond to something everyone forgot about from weeks prior. And it’s not like these are noteworthy people, just random sub 100 followers who are just talking about Toonami. I could see responding if it was someone more significant, let’s say one of the Toonami Faithful crew, but when you see him seek out comments from nobodies to defend himself against makes him come off as really insecure in his own opinions. A couple times I have even seen him comment on statements made on entirely separate websites.

Not to mention the political fighting. It’s his Twitter so he can do whatever he wants with it, but spending time doing that and the random mid-day movie rewatches doesn’t give the impression that he’s strapped for time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, brianycpht said:

Not to mention the political fighting. It’s his Twitter so he can do whatever he wants with it, but spending time doing that and the random mid-day movie rewatches doesn’t give the impression that he’s strapped for time. 

There's a rule that HELPeR's used to have on the old forums that went basically along the lines of "Don't get into arguments on your HELPeR accounts, it just looks trashy." I mean who knows he could have another account he runs around on and argues with people on the daily, frankly a lot of these people do, but if not, he'd be best suited to get one.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, LoverDemon said:

There's a rule that HELPeR's used to have on the old forums that went basically along the lines of "Don't get into arguments on your HELPeR accounts, it just looks trashy." I mean who knows he could have another account he runs around on and argues with people on the daily, frankly a lot of these people do, but if not, he'd be best suited to get one.

I doubt it, he makes an ass out of himself on this account too frequently to believe he has a separate account. If you think some of his takes are spicy, look at some of the dumb shit he responds to. He is one of those guys who thinks it’s an epic own to say someone pays for twitter. Not that I’d ever pay for twitter, but I’m also not wasting my time responding to people who do. 

Demarco is just really oblivious to the world around him. His opinions are always right, if you challenge them in any way, it’s a personal attack in his eyes. Remember that time he went on an industry stream, representing both Williams Street and Production IG, with a shirt that said FUCK RACISM and was shocked and upset that they censored it? He is like that kid we all knew in high school who would spread messages and wear shirts with a sentiment that isn’t necessarily wrong, but is presented in the most inappropriate way possible so they make it a big deal when they are forced to change or remove it. It should come as no shock that a Japanese company, with Japans much different approach to business, doesn’t want a circus clown with FUCK on his shirt in massive letters representing them. Of course, Demarco tried to flip the script and claim since racism is bad, he should be able to do whatever he wants. Shit like this is why I’m not super shocked Toonami doesn’t have a whole lot of allies to call on in our time of need if this is how he always is when dealing with Japan. 

I really wish Toonami news was properly conveyed via the Facebook page so I could just never look at this guys twitter, or twitter at all for that matter. But it’s not, so we are forced to wade through this ocean of shit to occasionally find a nugget related to the block. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

I really wish Toonami news was properly conveyed via the Facebook page so I could just never look at this guys twitter, or twitter at all for that matter. But it’s not, so we are forced to wade through this ocean of shit to occasionally find a nugget related to the block. 

The good thing about Toonami news is that it travels fast, so I don't even need Facebook or Twitter for it, just this forum and the r/Toonami subreddit.

I'm not going to play armchair psychatrist for DeMarco, but it does feel like there is a lot more lashing out after he felt his power base and ability to gatekeep action animation from most Americans fade away.  The guy essentially controlled what everyone but pirates and the really hardcore weebs watched back in the day (the day of $20-$30 DVD's of a series with 4 episodes a pop) and he didn't mind lording that fact over people (as pointed out by the tone of the Adult Swim bumpers and a lot of his earlier tweets and interviews where he was much more smug and arrogant).  Now it's more him just being pissed off at everyone, while occasionally ranting how much better it was back in the day when Toonami (and by extension him) controlled what you watched and when you watched it, because you now have too much choice.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

The good thing about Toonami news is that it travels fast, so I don't even need Facebook or Twitter for it, just this forum and the r/Toonami subreddit.

True, but unfortunately the garbage still leaks in sometimes. For example, this entire conversation started because he cracked a joke about Uzumaki to a response to an unrelated tweet. That’s one of the only signs of life we have seen of Uzumaki in quite awhile, so it was worth sharing. But it came attached to one of his weird takes.

4 hours ago, Jman said:

I'm not going to play armchair psychatrist for DeMarco, but it does feel like there is a lot more lashing out after he felt his power base and ability to gatekeep action animation from most Americans fade away.  The guy essentially controlled what everyone but pirates and the really hardcore weebs watched back in the day (the day of $20-$30 DVD's of a series with 4 episodes a pop) and he didn't mind lording that fact over people (as pointed out by the tone of the Adult Swim bumpers and a lot of his earlier tweets and interviews where he was much more smug and arrogant).  Now it's more him just being pissed off at everyone, while occasionally ranting how much better it was back in the day when Toonami (and by extension him) controlled what you watched and when you watched it, because you now have too much choice.

You might be on to something here. Even just 5-7 years ago, he was a lot more chill. He would still lash out, but it was a lot rarer, and now and then was actually justified. Now he is one of those dudes that has to wear all his personal politics on his sleeve for all to see. 

Another thing it could be was Toonami was a lot more alive back then. So he had block work to keep him off twitter, and the block was always doing something fresh for him to talk about. Compare to this year, it’s June and we are only starting our second pickup of the year. Can’t really talk about Toonami when Toonami is barely doing anything 

DeMarco needs to spend less time on social media, period.

Unrelated to that but related to the original topic, they definitely aren’t waiting to announce Lupin Zero. Sentai’s BD coming in September has no dub. But that reminds me, the upcoming BD from Sentai of Eizouken does have a dub but CR has the master license. I suppose maybe that could be a show they had to talk to the Japanese producers to get if CR got in the way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sketch said:

DeMarco needs to spend less time on social media, period.

We could all benefit from that advice. Social media is designed to agitate you to you will engage with it longer. 

1 hour ago, Sketch said:

Unrelated to that but related to the original topic, they definitely aren’t waiting to announce Lupin Zero. Sentai’s BD coming in September has no dub. But that reminds me, the upcoming BD from Sentai of Eizouken does have a dub but CR has the master license. I suppose maybe that could be a show they had to talk to the Japanese producers to get if CR got in the way.

I’m cool with that, after last season I’m feeling major Lupin fatigue. I’d really like to see at least one show this year that isn’t a sequel. Demarco did say Eizouken would be on his radar immediately if a dub was released, so that’s not a bad guess. It may not be new, but it’s dub is, so that would explain the extra legwork. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

We could all benefit from that advice. Social media is designed to agitate you to you will engage with it longer. 

I’m cool with that, after last season I’m feeling major Lupin fatigue. I’d really like to see at least one show this year that isn’t a sequel. Demarco did say Eizouken would be on his radar immediately if a dub was released, so that’s not a bad guess. It may not be new, but it’s dub is, so that would explain the extra legwork. 

Don’t know if he follows this board, but he posted a thread about Twitter bringing out the worst in people, but says it’s mostly been that way since Elon took over 

2 hours ago, brianycpht said:

Don’t know if he follows this board, but he posted a thread about Twitter bringing out the worst in people, but says it’s mostly been that way since Elon took over 

Nah, he has been acting like a clown on twitter for years, Elon is just something new for people to be angry about. Demarco is one of those type of people who say they are totally going to leave twitter forever because Elon ruined it then never leave because he is addicted to the attention and validation he gets from it, and it’s too hard to farm that back on a new platform. Remember around this time last year when he claimed he was closing up shop on Toonami discussion for good? And then a week later he was hosting an AMA. 

I have my doubts that he actively follows here, but I do think now and then if he is bored he might pass by and scroll through. There are only a couple of active Toonami communities left on the Internet, so it’s not too big of a task to check on them now and then. 

• Like 1

I remember when an intern leaked content from the Intruder II finale on /co/ and he asked someone to compile the posts because he didn't want to comb through a bunch of "Demarco's a f*ggit" posts in order to find it.

Long story short, now he has an insensitive nickname for life.

Edited by PokeNirvash
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

I remember when an intern leaked content from the Intruder II finale on /co/ and he asked someone to compile the posts because he didn't want to comb through a bunch of "Demarco's a f*ggit" posts in order to find it.

Long story short, now he has an insensitive nickname for life.

I have no doubt he was a regular in those /co/ threads in the early years. You don’t just roll up to an unfamiliar website and just assume the people there talk about you like that. Once his snarky misspelling became a permanent nickname is probably when he stopped hanging around. 

I will give him the benefit of the doubt that back in those days, he was doing genuine research for what direction various groups wanted to see the block take, rather than just searching for stuff to be angry about. Like it or not, the /co/ threads had always been the most unfiltered opinions on the block back in those days, where most other places were just agreeing with everything that happened. I think the only time Toonami fans of all walks banded together was against GXP. 

Not to say all their opinions have value though. They have been saying the block is on the brink of cancellation since probably day 1, and while I haven’t browsed those threads myself in a couple of years, I have a sneaking suspicion that sentiment is still going strong. 

Eh, I don't think opinion against GXP was that unified. Ginguy (back when he went by Jingai and was 5% less obnoxious) liked it, and I somehow tricked myself into liking it until episode 20 or so.

(Small aside: apparently I found out/was reminded that Yousuke Kuroda - a.k.a. the guy who wrote Trigun, Gungrave, and every single episode of My Hero Academia - was actually head writer on GXP, but only actually wrote the script for a single episode (with a friend), and that was the one where Tenchi and his harem actually had screentime. Makes sense, since he got his start in series composition with the 2nd Ryo-Ohki OVA.)

I basically quit browsing the /co/ generals cold turkey as a result of both their constant doomsaying and them calling this place a circlejerk as if their echo chamber wasn't the exact same thing. I imagine it's gotten worse, what with Zaslav tossing shows in the tax write-off bin if they're even slightly unsuccessful.

I Think Demarco wishes he had something to actually share with toonam fans instead of nothing at all but WBD Refuses to support the block beyond airing ads for it on other channels and maybe tossing them Some DC Animated Movies when it benefits them

Edited by CountFrylock

8 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

I Think Demarco wishes he had something to actually share with toonam fans instead of nothing at all but WBD Refuses to support the block beyond airing ads for it on other channels and maybe tossing them Some DC Animated Movies when it benefits them

DeMarco wants a lot of things, chief among them streaming to be made illegal and Crunchyroll to go bankrupt.  Neither is happening any time soon.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jman said:

DeMarco wants a lot of things, chief among them streaming to be made illegal and Crunchyroll to go bankrupt.  Neither is happening any time soon.

but having more cash for acquisitions isn't a crazy demand....if toonami is going to continue moving forward then they need more funding otherwise more reruns are in our future

it's the only part of adultswim that regularly presents content and not just acquired reruns

Edited by CountFrylock
  • Like 1