UnevenEdge

My Hero Academia 127-128 Episode Discussion

1 minute ago, atomicinumatt said:

Like it is supposed to deter people from committing other heinous crimes I guess. Seems like it would not work if that is the case though. 

My biggest problem with capital punishment is that there will always be innocent people put to death so long as there is capital punishment. The criminal system is way too far from perfect anyways. 

I'm talking about the world of this show.  In the real world it doesn't make sense to put people to death, but these villains are obviously guilty and too dangerous to be left alive.

Just now, ben0119 said:

I'm talking about the world of this show.  In the real world it doesn't make sense to put people to death, but these villains are obviously guilty and too dangerous to be left alive.

Yea MHA in-universe seems like it is too much a risk to keep them alive but where to draw the line and morality and all that. Who knows what would be right. 

9 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Honestly, I am personally against the death penalty.  Killing a murderer doesn't give you the moral high ground, and it's too good a punishment anyway.  May as well let those heinous criminals rot.  And the argument for cost doesn't fly when it actually costs MORE to put people to death, with the whole appeals process.  Plus there are some cases of innocent people behind bars.

But with these villains that are obviously guilty, and too difficult to keep locked up safely, and how dangerous they are, it may be best to just put them to death.

And where one of only a few countries left that still practice capital punishment. We share the honor with countries like Saudi Arabia. Great job Murica.

• Like 1

Just now, saito34 said:

And where one of only a few countries left that still practice capital punishment. We share the honor with countries like Saudi Arabia. Great job Murica.

But hey is SA and other countries with lots of corporal punishment the crime rate is super low. So worth it right? right? /s

• Like 1

Just now, ben0119 said:

Honestly Bakugo shouldn't have survived regardless.

Deku is the main character, dude.  He won't die.  At least not at this point.

Remember from the first episode, he does a narration saying this is how he became the worlds greatest hero. So yeah he's not gonna die.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Definitely makes us look backwards in some ways, for all the other progress we've made.

It's kind of annoying.  Because of that, other countries won't extradite criminals back to the U.S., so they can just get away with their crimes indefinitely by hiding overseas.

14 hours ago, atomicinumatt said:

But hey is SA and other countries with lots of corporal punishment the crime rate is super low. So worth it right? right? /s

What you dont like the idea of a weekend at the stadium watching people get beheaded and stoned to death?

Edited by saito34

2 minutes ago, saito34 said:

What you dont like the idea a weekend at the stadium watching people get beheaded and stoned to death?

Lmao I was more or less saying that in places like that populace is much more scared to do anything wrong because they do not want to get lashings, be maimed or beheaded. And since you cannot drink what else are ya gonna do but go to the weekend stoning? 

Edited by atomicinumatt

36 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

honestly, i was starting t think the series had peaked after the provisional license exam...but this...

The writing just gets worse and worse.  Shigaraki and All For One are too OP and the pro heroes are too incompetent. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Definitely makes us look backwards in some ways, for all the other progress we've made.

It's kind of annoying.  Because of that, other countries won't extradite criminals back to the U.S., so they can just get away with their crimes indefinitely by hiding overseas.

Yeah I've definitely seen countries cite the death penalty in extradition cases.

Diplomatic Immunity is a crazy concept too. Kind of unrelated, but crazy what it allows one to get away with in theory.

Edited by saito34
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

Lmao I was more or less saying that in places like that populace is much more scared to do anything wrong because they do not want to get lashings, be maimed or beheaded. And since you cannot drink what else are ya gonna do but go to the weekend stoning? 

Haha..I got ya. Was just trying to match your level of sarcasm.

But I'm sure plenty of Americans in 2023 would have no problem citing Saudi Arabia's low crime rate as an example of why Corporal Punishment is a great idea.

8 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Yeah I've definitely seen countries cite the death penalty cited in extradition cases.

Diplomatic Immunity is a crazy concept too. Kind of unrelated, but crazy what it allows one to get away with in theory.

That's how Roman Polanski never served time.  And of course the fucker is still alive at 89.  I believe there's a famous murderer hiding in France too.  I don't agree with the death penalty, but that's a stupid reason not to extradite and let people get away with shit.

Yeah I haven't looked into diplomatic immunity enough to see how much is myth and how much is true.

• Like 1