UnevenEdge

My Hero Academia 127-128 Episode Discussion

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

Me too, it was a popular topic a while back due to the massive disappointment in how they killed her off like this.

while she was on the radio with the students, it looked like several people were rushing to her location from the shadows in the forest. was she killed or did she die from her fall injuries?

Break my real body out of prison.  I still haven't figured out how the quirks got transferred from All For One's body to Shigaraki's.  And I thought he was going to "retire" and have Shigaraki as his successor.  I guess not.

• Like 1

Just now, CorbeauKarasu said:

while she was on the radio with the students, it looked like several people were rushing to her location from the shadows in the forest. was she killed or did she die from her fall injuries?

Yeah. They cut away as those shadows were closing in on her. And it was definitely framed like enemies. Though they'd have to be like random scrubs (lol....sigh) since no strong villains were unaccounted for.

Honestly, I am personally against the death penalty.  Killing a murderer doesn't give you the moral high ground, and it's too good a punishment anyway.  May as well let those heinous criminals rot.  And the argument for cost doesn't fly when it actually costs MORE to put people to death, with the whole appeals process.  Plus there are some cases of innocent people behind bars.

But with these villains that are obviously guilty, and too difficult to keep locked up safely, and how dangerous they are, it may be best to just put them to death.

Just now, ben0119 said:

Honestly, I am personally against the death penalty.  Killing a murderer doesn't give you the moral high ground, and it's too good a punishment anyway.  May as well let those heinous criminals rot.  And the argument for cost doesn't fly when it actually costs MORE to put people to death, with the whole appeals process.  Plus there are some cases of innocent people behind bars.

But with these villains that are obviously guilty, and too difficult to keep locked up safely, and how dangerous they are, it may be best to just put them to death.

I do not support it either but I think it has something to do with sending a message to other would be's, though how effective that is IDK

8 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

I thought so too. I don't see how anyone ran off on him when knocking him out was a whole big thing. How'd he get away after that?

I think others escaped in the pill/pearl things.  OK, Gigantomachia is being brought to the prison, so he didn't escape.

4 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

I do not support it either but I think it has something to do with sending a message to other would be's, though how effective that is IDK

Send a message to other would be's?  What do you mean?

6 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

This is basically the same as the injustice storyline. Batman refuses to kill the Joker. Joker eventually gets a nuke and kills 10 million people. Doesn't make much sense to keep people that dangerous alive.

• Like 1

Just now, ben0119 said:

Send a message to other would be's?  What do you mean?

Like it is supposed to deter people from committing other heinous crimes I guess. Seems like it would not work if that is the case though. 

My biggest problem with capital punishment is that there will always be innocent people put to death so long as there is capital punishment. The criminal system is way too far from perfect anyways.