UnevenEdge

DC releases trailer for its Justice League/RWBY crossover and it looks just as bad as you expect

Jman

On 2/10/2023 at 10:59 PM, Sketch said:

True. I just thought it was going “full anime” to give Vixen a fox tail.

It’s not even a good example of going full anime when we have a proper RWBY anime that doesn’t look like it was made by a college student on their laptop -

Between this and Velma, maybe Zaslav’s plan is to convince us that he should kill the animation department lest it keep pumping out crap.

• 2 months later...

A new clip of this disasterpiece just hit and yes, that’s the Light from Netflix Death Note as Bruce Wayne.

I’m convinced at this point RWBY is an active shitpost whose current writers actively conspire to make it look and sound worse lest they be judged as an actual show and look like the dumpster fire they are.

LOOK AT IT.  LOOK AT IT AND LAUGH.

The only way to justify a Part II is if the RWBY girls somehow end up in the DC universe and look like they're animated in the way the more recent DC movies were.  Or at the very least, Super Sons.

"I just want to go home"

Jesus Christ who in their right mind let them give batman that dialogue? 

Are they letting people that have never heard of Batman use him in their show now? 

Can I have my own batman show then? I promise I'll at least get the character somewhere in the ballpark of how he's supposed to act.

8 hours ago, Daos said:

"I just want to go home"

Are they letting people that have never heard of Batman use him in their show now? 

Can I have my own batman show then? I promise I'll at least get the character somewhere in the ballpark of how he's supposed to act.

I'm convinced this is almost the last thing companies looking to make a spin-off/reboot are asking for anymore.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2023 at 3:59 PM, Seight said:

I'm convinced this is almost the last thing companies looking to make a spin-off/reboot are asking for anymore.

Usually companies are protective of their big money making, iconic characters. Usually they have someone who has final say over what you can or can't do with the character when they "loan" him out to another franchise.

That guy apparently did not show up for work because that character doesn't remotely resemble any version of batman I've ever seen.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sketch said:

The writer hasn’t done a whole lot, never written RWBY and only a few DC projects that all lack Batman. Justice Society: World War II was fine IMO but this ain’t it.

IMG_1223.png

She worked on an utterly despised Young Justice comic book that essentially calls the fans bigots for not liking the new direction, and is responsible for a horribly selling Robin series.

• 2 months later...

Because God forbid anyone animate these characters half decently other than the 13 episodes Shaft did, Rooster Teeth returns for Part II of the crossover no one wants.

Apparently the series is rumored to be straight up canceled after this due to the fact that Warner Bros might as well be on fire (and literally was last week).  

2 hours ago, Jman said:

Apparently the series is rumored to be straight up canceled after this due to the fact that Warner Bros might as well be on fire (and literally was last week).  

If that's the case, then what are they going to do with these?

On 4/23/2023 at 10:53 AM, Daos said:

"I just want to go home"

The RWBY version is a completely unique version of Batman. He's not supposed to be a tough guy in this universe.

I find comics are more enjoyable when you have the least amount of pre-expectations as possible. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/7/2023 at 11:24 PM, Icarus27k said:

One of the best things about the R-rated Harley Quinn cartoon is that Batman is interpreted as dumb and incompetent. It's hilarious, but also a completely different version of Batman that exists on his own..

There's a difference between parody and stripping all character traits to write a completely unrelated character designed to cash in on the original.

At what point does it even continue being an iteration of the character? What defining characteristic is shown to give a valid reason to call him Batman?

What's the point of asking "What if Batman were isekai'd to RWBY's universe?" if the answer is to just write a different character whose only recognizable characteristic is his outfit?

It's not a crossover if you just make the iteration something with absolutely no throughline to tie it to the source content. The project's existence hinges completely on recognition of existing properties. You are paying for those characters. If these are not those characters, there's no point. It may as well be a scam at that point.

Edited by naraku360
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Icarus27k said:

I'm surprised I'm still getting notifications for this thread. You guys must like Justice League/RWBY.

The film was split into two parts, and this may be the final RWBY related production ever unless someone reboots it a few decades down the line with actual animation.  It wouldn’t even be worth covering if not for the Justice League.