UnevenEdge

WELCOME TO THE SURVIVAL GAME

André Toulon

So, just so you all know why I've gathered you here, I wanna play a game. 

What I have here is a tentative framework of what I'm going for. Keep in mind, I kinda fell into this ass backwards so expect many mistakes.

This isn't TD, so normal board rules apply, even the ones on civility. 

Here's a CPof what we have so far.

Participants and Teams:

• The challenge master chooses two participants to be team leaders.
  • After a coin flip, the leaders alternate selecting members of their teams until all eligible members are selected.  The process is repeated after the round with the winning team leader going first.
  • The previous challenge winner is not eligible to participate in challenge immediately after he or she wins, but can participate the following challenge.
  • Each team will have its own club space where they can collaborate on every team challenge and vote to oust members of the opposing club.
  • The club owner (who is not a game participant) for each team club will send invitations to everyone in that club.
  • When a team member is voted off, he or she will be kicked out of the team club and will not be permitted to vote on ensuing rounds before the last one, but will continue to be part of the main challenge club (this one).
  • Participants can not be the challenge master, an immunity judge, or the previous challenge winner.
  • Once a challenge winner is announced, all remaining people in the team clubs will be removed until the next round.
  • Participants are expected to collaborate with their teammates on all competitions.

Game Rules:

• The Challenge Master creates a challenge theme and devises five challenges around that theme .
  • Every challenge must also incorporate something from an [adult swim] comedy, action, or Toonami show.
  • Every challenge must be achievable through free and readily available web based or “built in” applications for mobile devices and desktop computers.
  • Every participant must participate in each round he or she is eligible, but he or she may submit work produced by someone else (a teammate) as long as it is unique.  He or she does not need to attribute work unless it’s taken from an outside source.
  • For the first three rounds, participants will participate in team events.  Before voting, the Immunity Judges will use internal deliberations from both teams to determine who will be granted immunity for each team.  The results of the competition will be voted on by the UEMB (all active member will act as the Survivor "audience").  The team that loses, votes two of its members off.  After the first two rounds, teams will be reseeded with the winning team captain selecting first.
  • In the fourth round, competitions will be individual.  At the close of submissions, the Immunity Judges will select one participant overall for immunity.  The results will be posted and the UEMB will rank submissions; the two highest after the immunity winner will round out the final three and continue to the final round.
  • In the fifth and final round, the UEMB gets to vote the winner from one of the the final three contestants.
  • The first three round takes three days to complete, two days to rank, and two days for voting.  Challenge is released on a Monday, is closed to submission on Wednesday, Friday to complete ranking, and voting ends on Sunday.
  • The fourth and fifth round take five days complete, and two days to vote.  Challenge is closed to submission on Friday and voting ends on Sunday.

Challenge Master (Non Participant):

• The challenge master is responsible for administering five challenges, one for each round.
  • He or she is also responsible for selecting two team leaders who will administer their respective team activities for the first three rounds.
  • He or she may give hints as to how to successfully complete the challenge, but only in the individual challenge thread.  All hints or assistance must be available to all participants.

Immunity Judges (Non Participant):

• Immunity is done over the first four rounds.
  • In the final round,  the panel majority vote is only used as a tiebreaker.

I'll pin this and leave it open for any suggestions.

Edited by scoobdog
Added new rules.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Each series will extend over whatever month it is, so if you don't win (win what?) You aren't out, every thing resets at the start of a new month. Which is why I'm working with the calendar thingy.

Participation is not really mandatory, but if you advance and suddenly stop playing, you may be eliminated just to make room for others who didn't. Can't win it if you're not in it (win whaaaaaaat?)

And for my last note of the night, 

I was thinking that maybe the winner (😡😠😡😠😡) also becomes host the next round....now if no one wants the responsibility, I'll just do it but I'm just thinking about ways to mix things up....so those of you who accepted the invite, if you're still interested, I'll get to work making some user friendly challenges and see how I want to deal with the voting system.

Edited by André Toulon
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
19 hours ago, discolé monade said:

holy fucking rules, batman.

.....I admittedly did read them yet

....he nothing if not thorough but I'm hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh 

Like irresponsibly so today. 

Like I think I took a nap, but I don't recall being asleep....

Yeah...I'm there

• Haha 1

omg I've lost the ability to read...and think for myself apparently...IMMA KINESTHETIC LEARNER somebody just tell me what to do when the time comes. :RoboSad:  You want me to put the red triangle in the red triangle space?  I'm your man.

1 minute ago, Vela said:

omg I've lost the ability to read...and think for myself apparently...IMMA KINESTHETIC LEARNER somebody just tell me what to do when the time comes. :RoboSad:  You want me to put the red triangle in the red triangle space?  I'm your man.

I think you have to put the lime in the coconut. lol

39 minutes ago, Vela said:

Lol.  We’re coordinating with Pat for a big reveal, but the rules are at the top.  We’re doing teams this time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, Vela said:

alice in borderland. 

that's also how i'm rollin'. XD

• Like 2

1 hour ago, André Toulon said:

So new folder....Cool....Eliminate some of the trash from last time.

The first season board is called an archive, but it isn’t really.  I should change the name so people know they can still post there.

37 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

gotcha'. 

has this already started?

I have no idea what’s going on. I’m being informed through a PM discussion and I still don’t know.  June 1st I thought the game was starting but maybe I made that shit up.  I ate a weed/psilocybin gummy so I’m sure everything will become clear to me shortly 😬😆🫠

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/30/2023 at 8:54 AM, discolé monade said:

speaking of who. super stoked for the 3 pt special. 

I am, too. I just hope I don't have to get Disney+ just for new Doctor Who. (I'm afraid I'm gonna have to, though.)

Also, I just found the soundtrack to this whole thing. (That is, if Ukranian Atmospheric Black Metal is your thing.)