UnevenEdge

Who put this Fan Art up on the bumps last night?!

4 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

This has to be the funniest thing I have read it ages, I am tears

"I'm a male in my early 20's. If you were to ask me who I am, the 1st thing I would instantly say is "I am an anal vore fanatic". It's who I am."

I am in tears haha

We have clearly gone too far down the rabbit hole and it’s time to come up for some fresh air.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, atomicinumatt said:

This has to be the funniest thing I have read in ages, I am in tears

"I'm a male in my early 20's. If you were to ask me who I am, the 1st thing I would instantly say is "I am an anal vore fanatic". It's who I am."

I am in tears haha

EDIT: that link is definitely NSFW but that story is hilarious 

Ah yes, that copypasta. A little cringe for me, but no less of a classic.

• Haha 1

not sure how you can motivate people to get invested and interact with the block moving forward with the legal team cracking down on anything similar that toonami thinks about...

in the age of streaming services it's too easy to simply stream everything that's currently airing on toonami....You Wouldn't be missing much since all we currently get these days are game reviews and you can just watch those on youtube

there isn't anything pushing the community to get hyped and start talking about the block online....

All Toonami has is a facebook page and with fan-art fridays canceled there's little reason to actually go there since The Schedule updates usually get shared around on twitter and The Promos As Mentioned previously are uploaded to youtube

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

“I’m not kink shamer”

Also Demarco - “that scene in episode 16 of KLK is gross, you shouldn’t care that we butchered it with censorship”

Look man, it’s cool that you are into the fat stuff, but your damage control is just progressively more and more unbelievable. 

• Haha 5

21 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

“I’m not kink shamer”

Also Demarco - “that scene in episode 16 of KLK is gross, you shouldn’t care that we butchered it with censorship”

Look man, it’s cool that you are into the fat stuff, but your damage control is just progressively more and more unbelievable. 

Yea I do not get it. 

He is totally cool with fetish art and will not kink shame, unless its loli. 

Butchers KLK but has no problem with all the obvious loli fetish stuff in MiA (and MiA and KLK are two of my favorite anime). Just seems really hypocritical to me.. 

I am glad that he is cool with all the fetish art, expect it sort of seems that he really is not. At least he realizes that the people most hurt here are the artist whose art was stolen and all the fans as well. Maybe they can work something out in the future but I doubt it. Pinup Luffy and fat Nami are probably all we will get. 

Edited by atomicinumatt
  • Like 1

Jason Demarco really seems like deep down he feels

"This is what we get for trying to do something nice for the fans....Don't say toonami never tried to appease the fans!"

especially with the legal team suggesting they don't do anything like this ever again

I Can See Team Gill Feeling like they are being watched like a hawk moving forward

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

“I’m not kink shamer”

it's weird how despite toonami no longer being his project anymore and him stating that he barely has anything to do with it....

he continues being The Toonami Mascot On Twitter.....

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

Yea I do not get it. 

He is totally cool with fetish art and will not kink shame, unless its loli. 

Butchers KLK but has no problem with all the obvious loli fetish stuff in MiA (and MiA and KLK are two of my favorite anime). Just seems really hypocritical to me.. 

I am glad that he is cool with all the fetish art, expect it sort of seems that he really is not. At least he realizes that the people most hurt here are the artist whose art was stolen and all the fans as well. Maybe they can work something out in the future but I doubt it. Pinup Luffy and fat Nami are probably all we will get. 

What's weird is that he has not even named the artist whose fat nami picture was stolen....he's just referred to them as "The Artist" or "That Artist"

some people thought it was stolen from RJ because he made a Nami picture in response and Demarco never clarified who the art was stolen from

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CountFrylock said:

"This is what we get for trying to do something nice for the fans....Don't say toonami never tried to appease the fans!"

especially with the legal team suggesting they don't do anything like this ever again

I Can See Team Gill Feeling like they are being watched like a hawk moving forward

It is technically our fault, at least one us. I mean the person that posted the stolen fan art might not even be a fan, but yea. This was probably a half assed attempt to please the fans and advertise a bit. 

1 hour ago, CountFrylock said:

What's weird is that he has not even named the artist whose fat nami picture was stolen....he's just referred to them as "The Artist" or "That Artist"

some people thought it was stolen from RJ because he made a Nami picture in response and Demarco never clarified who the art was stolen from

I wonder if the artist wants to not be doxxed or remain anonymous all together. I mean I am all for giving credit where real credit is due though. 

The artist’s fat fetish was plastered over national television.  Even with Toonami’s vastly decreased ratings that is more attention than anyone would want, especially with the attention being “dude draws morbidly obese women.”

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

It is technically our fault, at least one us. I mean the person that posted the stolen fan art might not even be a fan, but yea. This was probably a half assed attempt to please the fans and advertise a bit. 

I wonder if the artist wants to not be doxxed or remain anonymous all together. I mean I am all for giving credit where real credit is due though. 

Noticed The Artist has made they're twitter profile private since the incident so they most likely wanna avoid any backlash from anyone who saw it on toonami

and yeah it was a half assed attempt to advertise a bit but it was something that made it stand out from streaming services

they cannot compete with them so the best they can do is provide a unique viewing experience that the streaming services can't

however with how shortstaffed they are and with the legal team angry at them....it's likely they'll play things safe moving forward

so aside from game reviews there probably isn't going to be anything super interesting with the block's vibe

19 minutes ago, Jman said:

The artist’s fat fetish was plastered over national television.  Even with Toonami’s vastly decreased ratings that is more attention than anyone would want, especially with the attention being “dude draws morbidly obese women.”

Funny how some people online react to fat artwork(no matter what it is or who it is)with "You Deserve To Be Shot For Making this"

...that's not the reaction of a mentally stable person

Edited by CountFrylock

12 minutes ago, Jman said:

Yea, I figured that the individual would want to remain pseudonymous. Makes me wonder who the individual that stole and submitted it is.  

9 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

Noticed The Artist has made they're twitter profile private since the incident so they most likely wanna avoid any backlash from anyone who saw it on toonami

and yeah it was a half assed attempt to advertise a bit but it was something that made it stand out from streaming services

they cannot compete with them so the best they can do is provide a unique viewing experience that the streaming services can't

however with how shortstaffed they are and with the legal team angry at them....it's likely they'll play things safe moving forward

so aside from game reviews there probably isn't going to be anything super interesting with the block's vibe

Oh yea I forgot the artists Twitter account was found. I bet people were blowing that up after the image appeared on the bumps. 

It is a sad state of affairs because all those quirky things (fetish art included lmao) that [as]/Toonami do to give a unique viewing experience are what make it fun. Remember the Mooninites signs around the Boston bombings? And now we cannot even have fan art on the bumps :( 

Whats the world coming to? Haha

Just now, atomicinumatt said:

Yea, I figured that the individual would want to remain pseudonymous. Makes me wonder who the individual that stole and submitted it is.  

Oh yea I forgot the artists Twitter account was found. I bet people were blowing that up after the image appeared on the bumps. 

It is a sad state of affairs because all those quirky things (fetish art included lmao) that [as]/Toonami do to give a unique viewing experience are what make it fun. Remember the Mooninites signs around the Boston bombings? And now we cannot even have fan art on the bumps :( 

Whats the world coming to? Haha

in my opinion toonami really needs those kind of quirky things otherwise you could just stream the shows instead to avoid the butt load of commercials and shorter openings/outro's

The Tom/Sara Banter tends to get repetitive with bumpers sticking around longer and longer....Game Reviews are really the only new content between them we get aside from the brief bits when a marathon promo is aired

so there really isn't much to make the toonami viewing experience feel fresh consistently

as for the artist....I Can Imagine they did get swarmed with negative feedback once people found out who they were

Fat-Artwork tends to send people online into rage mode and makes them wanna harass the artist who made it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jman said:

The Mooninite bomb scare resulted in a lot of disgraced resignations and indirectly, CN Real.  Not the best example of the good old days.

Not using it as a good example. 

It is an extreme example of the marketing and advertising campaigns they would do in years past (sometimes with bad consequences) and comparing it to what they are in trouble for now. 

The bit of negligence is part of [as] and now they are getting in trouble for fan art submissions because they were basically not screened it seems. 

But yea haha the bomb scare was not a good time 

4 hours ago, atomicinumatt said:

Personally, I wouldn’t care at all if not for the hypocrisy. I’m not into the fat stuff at all, but I still got a hearty laugh at seeing it on TV. Same applies for Luffy’s ass. But when it comes to our actual show choices, they won’t touch anything with even slight fanservice tones with a 10 foot pole. They weren’t always like this, we did land KLK, but IMO if that came out today it wouldn’t even be considered. Even back then, a juicy deal from a much more cooperative Aniplex was likely a big factor in its making the block. 

This is also the same guy (despite his recent comments suggesting otherwise) that got aggressive towards anyone who suggested Panty and Stocking and Fairy Tail back in 2012. Things people a ton of people were asking for shot down because boobs and sex bad. 

4 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

I have grown tired of the implication that this is somehow the fans fault. It’s like back in 2014 when movie month got cancelled because they aired a bunch of reruns. Demarco shifted all the blame to the fans for not watching, rather than the actual issue of him trying to recycle the exact same movies from 2013. 

They are the ones who wanted to feature fanart. That means the ball was in their court to verify all pieces that came through. Don’t have the staff? That’s not our problem. You shouldn’t have even started the project if you knew you didn’t have the manpower for it. Expecting the honor system to work, especially at Adult Swim which has frequently encouraged shitpost tier submissions for projects, was nothing short of naive and moronic. This is Demarco’s L, not ours. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

Personally, I wouldn’t care at all if not for the hypocrisy. I’m not into the fat stuff at all, but I still got a hearty laugh at seeing it on TV. Same applies for Luffy’s ass. But when it comes to our actual show choices, they won’t touch anything with even slight fanservice tones with a 10 foot pole. They weren’t always like this, we did land KLK, but IMO if that came out today it wouldn’t even be considered. Even back then, a juicy deal from a much more cooperative Aniplex was likely a big factor in its making the block. 

This is also the same guy (despite his recent comments suggesting otherwise) that got aggressive towards anyone who suggested Panty and Stocking and Fairy Tail back in 2012. Things people a ton of people were asking for shot down because boobs and sex bad. 

I love Trigger, KLK and P&SwG are some of my faves. Woot on P&S getting a Season 2. Surprisingly it did much better in America as opposed to Japan and it is sad to hear that [as]/Toonami want nothing to do with it. Would be awesome to see it on the Block with the anticipation of S2. Alas..  

Not big on fan service but I love the shows that satirize it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

I laugh at this because this means the true fetishists are inside S&P right now. :D:D:D There's no way old S&P would have let that through - pointblank, way too much skin. 

5 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

it's weird how despite toonami no longer being his project anymore and him stating that he barely has anything to do with it....

he continues being The Toonami Mascot On Twitter.....

Chances are, he remains the lightening rod for Toonami info because he's been the lightening rod this whole time. Continuing to be that weird sort of go-between allows others to not attract the super weird, niche, angry people if they wander the twit-lands. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, atomicinumatt said:

I love Trigger, KLK and P&SwG are some of my faves. Woot on P&S getting a Season 2. Surprisingly it did much better in America as opposed to Japan and it is sad to hear that [as]/Toonami want nothing to do with it. Would be awesome to see it on the Block with the anticipation of S2. Alas..  

Not big on fan service but I love the shows that satirize it. 

Here’s the best part, once season 2 was announced, Demarco completely flipped and started to act like he is a huge fan of the series. I believe at one point he even tried taking credit for attempts to get a second season made. In regards to airing it, he waved it off as impossible now, though this was before MHA showed up. 

In 2012, Funimation was directly asking Toonami fans on their Facebook page to submit requests for PSG to air on the block. I believe the dub was only a few months old at that point, so that would have been a major grab for Toonami back then when we were limited to very old table scraps. The fans were on board, Funimation was on board, the only thing that stopped it was Demarco. 

• Like 2

From the beginning, I thought the whole "Demarco hates PSG" thing was rotten horseshit. All I saw back in those days of keeping up to date on all things Toonami Swim was their Tumblr account very straightforwardly saying they wouldn't be airing it, and no one who claimed that PSG was being kept off the block because Demarco had a grudge against its existence never coughed up any proof. Even if it was a 180, I felt venerated seeing him admit that him hating PSG was mere exaggeration.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

Here’s the best part, once season 2 was announced, Demarco completely flipped and started to act like he is a huge fan of the series. I believe at one point he even tried taking credit for attempts to get a second season made. In regards to airing it, he waved it off as impossible now, though this was before MHA showed up. 

In 2012, Funimation was directly asking Toonami fans on their Facebook page to submit requests for PSG to air on the block. I believe the dub was only a few months old at that point, so that would have been a major grab for Toonami back then when we were limited to very old table scraps. The fans were on board, Funimation was on board, the only thing that stopped it was Demarco. 

2 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

From the beginning, I thought the whole "Demarco hates PSG" thing was rotten horseshit. All I saw back in those days of keeping up to date on all things Toonami Swim was their Tumblr account very straightforwardly saying they wouldn't be airing it, and no one who claimed that PSG was being kept off the block because Demarco had a grudge against its existence never coughed up any proof. Even if it was a 180, I felt venerated seeing him admit that him hating PSG was mere exaggeration.

Back in the day I remember talk of it coming to the Block being shut down pretty quickly and then do not remember hearing much more until more recently, especially now that S2 has been announced. 

I too think even today it would be an awesome addition to the Block but am not sure how feasible that is. And even if there is a possibility, I see it being very small if not nil. The dub for S1 is pretty raunchy too, not sure if there is a tamed down version, but if [as]/Toonami has to edit it themselves then they would probably butcher that. It seems that there must have been some internal or cooperate reasons why they would not get it, since everyone else seemed on board? 

I understand why a lot of anime fans would not like P&S because it certainly is.. different, but it is probably my favorite thing from Trigger. It is hilarious and would have and could be a great fit here. 

They still wont get it even with S2 being announced (and after what, like a decade too. Super stoked on that) but it would still be awesome. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

It’s he said/she said at this point. As far as I know, the tumblr page doesn’t go back that far, so unless someone out there has some ancient screenshots on their PC, there’s no real way to prove it. On Demarco’s end, he COULD have hated it back in 2012, and at some point changed his tune and is now trying to spin that he always liked it. There’s just no way to know the truth.

What we DO know is Funimation was pushing hard for Toonami to pick the show up and they never did. Passing up a relatively new dub back when their prospects for content were slim is suspect if nothing else. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

The dub for S1 is pretty raunchy too, not sure if there is a tamed down version, but if [as]/Toonami has to edit it themselves then they would probably butcher that. It seems that there must have been some internal or cooperate reasons why they would not get it, since everyone else seemed on board? 

AS S&P has evolved quite a bit since 2012. Back then, “shit” was a firm no every time. Now it’s fair game and used frequently in newer AS shows. PSG has quite a few “fucks” but I believe someone did a count once, and it’s a few less than Black Lagoon. As for the shows visuals, I don’t think anything crosses lines that AS originals haven’t already. It would definitely require some labor, but I do think it could cross the S&P hurdle. Barely. 

Where I think it would struggle most is it being a product of its time. Having a new season helps with this issue a lot, but S1 really reeks of 2010 in most of its episodes. How the current audience would take to that is anyone’s guess, but I just think it’s worth considering the reality that it’s not new anymore. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

AS S&P has evolved quite a bit since 2012. Back then, “shit” was a firm no every time. Now it’s fair game and used frequently in newer AS shows. PSG has quite a few “fucks” but I believe someone did a count once, and it’s a few less than Black Lagoon. As for the shows visuals, I don’t think anything crosses lines that AS originals haven’t already. It would definitely require some labor, but I do think it could cross the S&P hurdle. Barely. 

Where I think it would struggle most is it being a product of its time. Having a new season helps with this issue a lot, but S1 really reeks of 2010 in most of its episodes. How the current audience would take to that is anyone’s guess, but I just think it’s worth considering the reality that it’s not new anymore. 

I last watched it over the summer with the S2 announcement and there are lots of 'fucks' among just about all other 'obscenity' words. But I was not even really referring to the verbal obscenity haha a lot of the content might have to be cut just to get on air. So much sexual/mature/etc. content. 

I honestly think it has aged well. A lot of the anime communities in America seem to like it. At least that is what I noticed in the larger online communities I frequent and lurk. The S2 announcement seemed to receive a lot of positive attention as well. New does not mean good. I am all for getting old anime that has not been on the Block yet. 

[as]/Toonami have been skimping on content lately so if they have the opportunity to get it I think they should. But I fully expect it to never come to the Block.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

I last watched it over the summer with the S2 announcement and there are lots of 'fucks' among just about all other 'obscenity' words. But I was not even really referring to the verbal obscenity haha a lot of the content might have to be cut just to get on air. So much sexual/mature/etc. content. 

I honestly think it has aged well. A lot of the anime communities in America seem to like it. At least that is what I noticed in the larger online communities I frequent and lurk. The S2 announcement seemed to receive a lot of positive attention as well. New does not mean good. I am all for getting old anime that has not been on the Block yet. 

[as]/Toonami have been skimping on content lately so if they have the opportunity to get it I think they should. But I fully expect it to never come to the Block.  

Episode 1, 6, 11, and 12 are unfiltered kino. The rest vary from good to nearly unwatchable. If the block actually picked the show id be ecstatic and tune in for every episode just to have seen them on TV, but I just feel like I see a lot of “Toonami would be saved if they just aired PSG!” while in reality it would probably do subpar at best. 

As for the “mature” content, it doesn’t show anything that the likes of Mr Pickles or Incest and Morty hasnt. A couple year back Demarco aired a music video that was literally nothing but a sperm traveling through vagina tubes. As long as it’s not headlining the block it would be fine. 

It doesn’t really matter though as already stated. Whatever the reason was, they blew their chance at having S1 at the peak of its relevance, and by way of that blown their in for S2. 

7 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

It doesn’t really matter though as already stated. Whatever the reason was, they blew their chance at having S1 at the peak of its relevance, and by way of that blown their in for S2. 

The sad sad truth as it has become one of my most beloved over the years. As with just about anything [as]/Toonami related these days, all I can do is hold out hope that something will change and it may get picked up. 

3 minutes ago, Seight said:

Looking at this story, I feel like the simplest explanation sometimes is "DeMarco is one of those 'I'M NOT OWNED! I'M NOT OWNED!' people on Twitter."

So Demarco is the free agent lightning rod for Toonami? haha 

• Like 1

Honestly I'm still confused as to them apparently having enough time and staff to look through fanart submissions to select a handful to spotlight, but not having enough time or staff to spend maybe ten minutes running those pieces through a reverse image search to check that everything's cool. That's like carving out 20 minutes in the middle of your day to jack off and then arguing that you just didn't have time to put your dick away.

• Haha 6

On 1/8/2023 at 6:58 PM, Jman said:

We have clearly gone too far down the rabbit hole and it’s time to come up for some fresh air.

Lol I really hope that was just a joke.

But we know people are actually that delusional and crazy so unfortunately it could just as easily be real =(

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Daos said:

But we know people are actually that delusional and crazy so unfortunately it could just as easily be real =(

It’s apparently a copypasta, so it is a joke.  Still…yeah.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Daos said:

It is definitely an old troll/copypasta haha 

I think of myself as a kinky person and even I had never heard of anal vore, so when Toonamifan mentioned it as possible fetish art that could have been submitted, I had to look it up. Found an old reddit thread linking the that post from that forum. 

It reads like a narrative and is just written to well to be real lmao but Lord, it was the funniest thing I have read in years. 

"I ordered pizzas and planned a lot of fun activities we could do that would explain to my friends and family what anal vore is." When I read that I just lost it haha there is no way someone, even a rabid anal vore enthusiast, would eat pizza during a sex party coming out thing, especially with their family!

9 hours ago, EmpressAngel said:

Honestly I'm still confused as to them apparently having enough time and staff to look through fanart submissions to select a handful to spotlight, but not having enough time or staff to spend maybe ten minutes running those pieces through a reverse image search to check that everything's cool. That's like carving out 20 minutes in the middle of your day to jack off and then arguing that you just didn't have time to put your dick away.

Or at least make an effort to screen, even if it may be in vain. They were just like "nope, we do not even vet these"

Like you said, they spend the time to pick them, I assume. Why not spend 20 extra minutes. They could do that on the toilet while they poop..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

Or at least make an effort to screen, even if it may be in vain. They were just like "nope, we do not even vet these"

Like you said, they spend the time to pick them, I assume. Why not spend 20 extra minutes. They could do that on the toilet while they poop..

Having Toonami be operated by such a small crew leads to problems and somehow it seems the crew has gotten smaller(possibly due to WBD Related Nonsense).....WBD Was Said to be supportive of toonami

yet they seem fine with watching them run around struggling to do anything for the block because there's too much they have to do and not enough people or time to do it all

Toonami cannot compete with streaming services obviously but if the team is really this small and the legal department is losing faith in them doing anything without putting the company in hot water

then they can't provide a unique viewing experience that streaming services can't

Edited by CountFrylock
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

so what can toonami really do to make a viewing experience that streaming services cannot offer

is that even something they can do with the tiny staff they have on hand....or does this incident really kill them being able to do anything special lest they invite the wrath of the legal department?

if so then the block will just become rather repetitive quickly with only a game review every few weeks to keep things fresh....

Having Toonami be operated by such a small crew leads to problems and somehow it seems the crew has gotten smaller(possibly due to WBD Related Nonsense).....WBD Was Said to be supportive of toonami

yet they seem fine with watching them run around struggling to do anything for the block because there's too much they have to do and not enough people or time to do it all

I see your point and I am fully aware of how understaffed [as] is. But what I am saying is that if they have any staff, even just one, and have time to accept submissions, then they could have spent an extra 20 minutes to at least try and vet so that they could say they did something if something went wrong. In all likely hood it would be really hard to fully screen images though, as the fat Nami did not easily come up in searches I believe. 

But hey, I am used to negligence with [as], and even like it for that. I only feel bad for the artist who had his content stolen. 

In terms of what they can do for viewing experience? I think they do best with the more guerrilla style marketing and advertising campaigns. They usually take less people and money and can be done quicker. But they may be too far gone for even that. We have now lost the fan art submissions and that was brand new and basically the only engagement we had sadly.  

Edited by atomicinumatt

1 minute ago, atomicinumatt said:

I see your point and I am fully aware of how understaffed [as] is. But what I am saying is that if they have any staff, even just one, and have time to accept submissions, then they could have spent an extra 20 minutes at least try and vet so that they could say they did if something when wrong. In all likely hood it would be really hard to fully screen images though, as the fat Nami did not easily come up in searches I believe. 

But hey, I am used to negligence with [as], and even like it for that. I only feel bad for the artist who had his content stolen. 

In terms of what they can do for viewing experience? I think they do best with the more guerrilla style marketing and advertising campaigns. They usually take less people and money and can be done quicker. But they may be too far gone for even that. We have now lost the fan art submissions and that was brand new and basically the only engagement we had sadly.  

and it doesn't seem like the big wigs would be too eager in letting toonami try anything else again anytime soon for fear that it would end up like this...

so if they can't do anything more to give the fans a unique viewing experience then really people are just tuning in for a butt-load of commercials and shorter intros/outros for shows(or in the case of Naruto No Intro whatsoever....except on those rare nights)

this isn't like The ASA Days or the early days of the toonami revival

streaming services exist and you don't have to sit through dozens of hot pocket commercials between shows or endure intros/outro's that have been butchered for the sake of more commercials for old folks medication and car insurance

1 minute ago, CountFrylock said:

and it doesn't seem like the big wigs would be too eager in letting toonami try anything else again anytime soon for fear that it would end up like this...

so if they can't do anything more to give the fans a unique viewing experience then really people are just tuning in for a butt-load of commercials and shorter intros/outros for shows(or in the case of Naruto No Intro whatsoever....except on those rare nights)

this isn't like The ASA Days or the early days of the toonami revival

streaming services exist and you don't have to sit through dozens of hot pocket commercials between shows or endure intros/outro's that have been butchered for the sake of more commercials for old folks medication and car insurance

Exactly. 

In the hey days, we did not have the competition from streaming platforms that we do today. Cable was still more popular. The Block had the popularity to be more risky.

But I honestly think [as] needs to be more risky. Not saying anything as risky as the Mooninites bomb Scare, but usually no press is bad press. 

More direct engagement like the fan art subs would be good, anything that could help build a stronger niche base that streaming does not offer. But it seems like execs have killed that. Usually direct engagement means having more trust in the people you are engaging and it seems like we have lost that trust, even with how small our community is now. 

Sadly though, [as] may be at the point where they cannot afford to be risky. But maybe we have nothing left to lose. We are basically circling the toilet bowl of streaming services, waiting to be submerged. 

4 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

Exactly. 

In the hey days, we did not have the competition from streaming platforms that we do today. Cable was still more popular. The Block had the popularity to be more risky.

But I honestly think [as] needs to be more risky. Not saying anything as risky as the Mooninites bomb Scare, but usually no press is bad press. 

More direct engagement like the fan art subs would be good, anything that could help build a stronger niche base that streaming does not offer. But it seems like execs have killed that. Usually direct engagement means having more trust in the people you are engaging and it seems like we have lost that trust, even with how small our community is now. 

Sadly though, [as] may be at the point where they cannot afford to be risky. But maybe we have nothing left to lose. We are basically circling the toilet bowl of streaming services, waiting to be submerged. 

I've Been watching MHA S6 on crunchyroll because there was no guarantee the dub would come to toonami and by the time it did...i was already far ahead of the block itself in terms of episode count

every time a marathon happened that just pushed me to hop on crunchyroll because chances were likely that new episodes would be uploaded that saturday since the dubs don't take just any holiday as a time to go on hiatus

and as for [AS] i find it odd how much they keep airing that Prime Time Bobs/KOTH/AD/Futurama Commercial even though there was a chunk of time where KOTH was only airing at the end of the block and even now that commercial is awkward because while King of the hill has returned to being earlier in the night

Futurama still only comes on at 3:00 AM And 3:30 AM For Me....that isn't prime time

hell i don't even know how many people are awake at that hour to give a shit if futurama's on(Nielsen Ratings be damned...i already hated those things)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

I've Been watching MHA S6 on crunchyroll because there was no guarantee the dub would come to toonami and by the time it did...i was already far ahead of the block itself in terms of episode count

every time a marathon happened that just pushed me to hop on crunchyroll because chances were likely that new episodes would be uploaded that saturday since the dubs don't take just any holiday as a time to go on hiatus

and as for [AS] i find it odd how much they keep airing that Prime Time Bobs/KOTH/AD/Futurama Commercial even though there was a chunk of time where KOTH was only airing at the end of the block and even now that commercial is awkward because while King of the hill has returned to being earlier in the night

Futurama still only comes on at 3:00 AM And 3:30 AM For Me....that isn't prime time

hell i don't even know how many people are awake at that hour to give a shit if futurama's on(Nielsen Ratings be damned...i already hated those things)

In terms of the block programming itself, I think it comes down to ratings, availability and funding. 

I also think that the only people watching it for premieres, are people who cannot watch elsewhere, which is probably a small group. The rest probably watch out of convenience or nostalgia. I certainly watch purely out of nostalgia. The only thing I am watching for the first time is MHA S6 only because it is not my favorite and I have not had time to watch it yet. 

[as]/Toonami would have to get ratings and numbers up or something cooperate would have to change before the Block could really be blustered. Probably not happening. 

We only get 3 hours of Toonami a week now. Here I am hoping we could get at least another hour of reruns and go til 4am again :(