UnevenEdge

Made in Abyss Season 2, Episode 7

Blatch

Oh hey, it's me again, having come to reclaim my perch for the start of 2023. I figure I can send this out right at midnight and still get a decent amount of sleep.

So, it looks like it's time to go deeper into the horrifying backstory of this village. Who knows what questions will be answered? Maybe we'll find out why there are so many hollows here. Honestly, I wish I could be a little more hyped for the rest of this season, but having read Anime News Network's recent year-in-review feature, one of the articles has some big spoilers for how this season ends. I mean, I figured it wouldn't be pretty either way, but I wanted to be blissfully unaware until it actually happened. So don't click on the "Best Moments" article and scroll downward if you value your... something. Maybe just your value. But hey, this has been a fun season on the whole, somehow not as horrifying as I expected so far.

• Like 2

I was in the wrong fucking thread. 🤣 Here's what I had posted -

The previous party ran into some of the robots.  Interference Units lol.

LOL of course it's a harsh environment.

Yep, you guys are STUCK here.  Smart move!

Well technically not the first citizens if it's an ancient lost city.

HOW do they know she can't bare children?

A cute critter.

I have no idea how to say or spell that name.

Looks like somebody got killed or at least knocked out in that hunt.

She was born of the abyss?  Since she can't have kids they cast her out.  Damn.

So much for the pet.  A harsh world indeed.

• Like 1

Boiled the water and it still made them sick.

So are the curse mutations different from this illness or is it the same thing?

That wish granting egg caused those forms to happen?

Man everything is going to hell. 

Iranyui or whatever you call her is not looking good.

Edited by ben0119

Iranyui made the wish?  I thought Vueko was going to do it.

Now Iranyui is mutating further.  Fuck.

Man this expedition went south a lot faster than I expected.

Who the hell would want to turn into that?!

A baby... the fuck.  This is what she wished for.  Fucking hell.  Her family ruined this girl.

And now Vueko is sick too.  Damn.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Well, the babies were some kind of creature. It made her sad, but eating the flesh of those creatures actually saved their lives!!

They ate the babies?  I thought they ate her.  That's not as bad, I guess.  Either way, we know Iranyui is still alive, since she's a humanoid Hollow in present day.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I'm afraid this thing will be like a damn monkey's paw.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking, and sadly looks like it turned out to be true. Damn though, that was even crueler than I anything I could have imagined. Having babies, just to have them die over and over again. Jeez, and did they go and end up eating her? That's what certainly seemed to be suggested at the end. What the heck did that poor girl ever do, seriously?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking, and sadly looks like it turned out to be true. Damn though, that was even crueler than I anything I could have imagined. Having babies, just to have them die over and over again. Jeez, and did they go and end up eating her? That's what certainly seemed to be suggested at the end. What the heck did that poor girl ever do, seriously?

They didn't eat her. They ate the dead creatures she spawned.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/made-in-abyss-the-golden-city-of-the-scorching-sun/episode-7/.188825

WILD Review. Kind of a "It's Made In Abyss; what the hell did you expect to see!?" Vibe. But still, 4.5★

We need a visual palate cleanse after that, so it's time for Yashahime!

• Like 1