UnevenEdge

King Star King and Ballmasterz specials slated for February 2023

3ngag3

Waste of cash on both ends.  King Star King is one of the most reviled things ever made by Adult Swim (it didn’t help that the original press releases drew parallels between it and Korgoth of Barbaria) and Ballzmasterz is…balls.  King Star King annoys me more because Tommy Blancha has made nothing but duds for Adult Swim.  Remember Mongo Wrestling Alliance?

I suppose we’re about 20 years too late to revive Korgoth though.

Edited by Jman

On 11/29/2022 at 12:18 PM, Jman said:

Waste of cash on both ends.  King Star King is one of the most reviled things ever made by Adult Swim (it didn’t help that the original press releases drew parallels between it and Korgoth of Barbaria) and Ballzmasterz is…balls.  King Star King annoys me more because Tommy Blancha has made nothing but duds for Adult Swim.  Remember Mongo Wrestling Alliance?

I suppose we’re about 20 years too late to revive Korgoth though.

I highly agree with you on King Star King and Mongo, but I liked Ballmasterz a lot. Kinda sucks its supposed to be the conclusion, but I guess this kind of storyline can't be driven too far without jumping the shark. Hopefully Karacas will make something new for AS, and it be more along the lines of Ballmasterz and less along the lines of Superjail.

18 minutes ago, Daos said:

I liked Korgoth. It coulda been a contenda!

Everyone loved Korgoth, but when a season would have been literally 1/3 of the entire [adult swim] budget in 2004, it wasn’t going to get picked up.

Meanwhile Mongo was called the second worst show ever made by AS, according to Williams Street (worst was apparently Assy McGee).

2 hours ago, Jman said:

Everyone loved Korgoth, but when a season would have been literally 1/3 of the entire [adult swim] budget in 2004, it wasn’t going to get picked up.

Meanwhile Mongo was called the second worst show ever made by AS, according to Williams Street (worst was apparently Assy McGee).

How the hell is Minoriteam not top 2 worst?

On 11/30/2022 at 11:04 AM, EmpressAngel said:

I'm happy for the whole six people who actually liked King Star King.

I didn’t hate it but like is a strong word. xD

I'm pretty sure Minoriteam was the worst. During the History of Adult Swim bumpers where the "Mongo is second worst" thing came from, they admitted that they made a mistake in greenlighting the show, at least without running it through the pilot stage first. Assy McGee, meanwhile, was just a factoid about how the show got its origins from a scrapped sketch comedy pitch, no sign of open regret anywhere in it.

And I can't go talking about the History of [as] and shows the network themselves are ashamed of without mentioning World Peace, whose bumpers never got archived (to my knowledge) but amounted to them refusing to provide their opinion on the program, instead opting to agree and disagree with any and all viewpoints that were, are, and ever will be.

They actually removed Minoriteam from their website completely after 2020.  Scrubbed.  Gone completely.  Only World Peace faced a similar fate.

They’re not proud of Assy or Mongo on a technical level, nor should they be, but they didn’t scrub either.

• Like 2