UnevenEdge

Made In Abyss Episode #15 (Season 2, Episode 2) Discussion!

23 hours ago, atomicinumatt said:

Lmao, blast Toonami at the party!

I wanted to, believe me. Especially to put on that viking episode of PRIMAL at the tail end! But I figured I should ask the host and people might actually be gawking at whatever random crap they had on their Roku and going "huh!?"

Edited by OwlChemist81

7 hours ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

Uhh is it just me or is Riko's VO different.

She sounds more... screechy.

Sorry man, but it's just you. Both seasons Riko VA is Brittany Lauda.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=24357

An interesting twist is that the final episode of MiA Season 2 is an hour long, and since S2 has 12 episodes, it's 10 episodes away. Yashahime ALSO has 10 episodes left, so it will be interesting to see how they handle this. Perhaps airing Dawn of Deep Soul on November 5th WAS part of the plan, but they couldn't get the rights and had to just go ahead and air S2, episode 1 instead? But then why put it ahead of Yashahime?

Either way, it looks like sometime in February, they'll put Yashahime's finale at 1:30, skipping One Piece for the night. Or maybe we just have to wait 2 weeks after the Penultimate Episode for the Season Finale of Yashahime? Ain't like that hasn't happened before.

Edited by OwlChemist81

15 hours ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

Uhh is it just me or is Riko's VO different.

She sounds more... screechy.

Yeah, I thought it sounded pretty off too. Almost like she had a cold while recording and there wasn't time to redub it like they did for Ian Sinclair in that one Dr. Stone episode. Hopefully it improves by next week.

Watched the episode tonight! So far, I'm impressed at how slow of a burn this season is so far, though I know it's only been two episodes. Nothing really gross, and I thought the MAV this episode got was overblown (as has often been the case in recent years). And the production values have been good, although I agree that Brittany Lauda sounded off as Riko this week. Feels like she was in the first episode, too, but I had no problem with Dawn of the Deep Soul despite that also having been recorded in the COVID era.

I just mentioned this on Twitter but I'll go into more detail here: I'm surprised this series hasn't had any spin-offs. I feel like there's a lot of different stories you can tell with the Abyss; we've already gotten slice-of-life anime shorts staring Marulk and Prushka (yes, the latter exists; I guess they're on the S2 Blu-rays, though I don't know if those have been released yet), so why not a story focusing on Nat and Shiggy's adventures on the surface? It'd be nice to check back in with them, as Riko wants to. Also, who wouldn't love a foodie series based on this show? Delicious in Dungeon is really popular, so why not apply that formula to running around the various layers and grabbing Relics?

• Thanks 1