UnevenEdge

Ok Ladies, yea or nay?

tsar4

9 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Idc but I’d still wear a top and I’d let my daughter go to NU I don’t get the connection 

I worked in the women's apparel division at the corp hq for a (then) major retailer.  Some of the junior's styles had the women (much younger than I) saying "I'd never let my daughter wear that!"  People tend to say they'll never treat their kids like their parents treated them...until they actually have kids.  I was wondering if the same paradigm shift still applied.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tsar4 said:

I worked in the women's apparel division at the corp hq for a (then) major retailer.  Some of the junior's styles had the women (much younger than I) saying "I'd never let my daughter wear that!"  People tend to say they'll never treat their kids like their parents treated them...until they actually have kids.  I was wondering if the same paradigm shift still applied.

It did, once upon a time, but my kids are in their 30's, so it's kind of moot now.

As for the topic itself, its not so much going topless thats the problem, its what happens after. Guys already stare, if you are topless you may as well crank that up to 11. The creeps will be out in force.

Plus, the sun.  You ever have a sunburn on your chest? Its not fun. Now imagine having a sun burnt nipple and having to wear a bra the next day. There is absolutely nothing enjoyable at that. The slightest movement and its pain. Even with sunscreen they burn easily. Super annoying really.

I have no problem if others want to go topless, and I think a lot of our laws around that are dumb. But I'm keeping mine covered up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

honestly, don't care. me personally...nah. the sun is hell on the skin no matter the shade of outer layering.

i used to 'sunbathe' topless, but before 30, i realized that no amount of sunscreen will protect 100%. 

and iono....i mean, it was bad enough running 5 miles/day with a sports bra, i can imagine what that would be like, running late for a bus.  ~.~

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

As for the topic itself, its not so much going topless thats the problem, its what happens after. Guys already stare, if you are topless you may as well crank that up to 11. The creeps will be out in force.

Eventually that would wane.  The public nudity in parts of Europe kinda shows that, I think.  Maybe except for the Zeni's of the world.

The whole thing got me remembering a "Dave Berg looks at...[might have been "bodies"]" thing in Mad Magazine ages ago.  A guy was musing on why guys find certain female attributes enticing and wonders if it is because they're covered up.  He thinks that maybe if faces were covered and nothing else was, guys would fixate on them instead...particularly noses.  He absentmindedly sees a woman with a large nose & says loudly, "Wow, look at the honker on that one!".

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

Eventually that would wane.  The public nudity in parts of Europe kinda shows that, I think.  Maybe except for the Zeni's of the world.

The whole thing got me remembering a "Dave Berg looks at...[might have been "bodies"]" thing in Mad Magazine ages ago.  A guy was musing on why guys find certain female attributes enticing and wonders if it is because they're covered up.  He thinks that maybe if faces were covered and nothing else was, guys would fixate on them instead...particularly noses.  He absentmindedly sees a woman with a large nose & says loudly, "Wow, look at the honker on that one!".

Awful lot of Zeni's in the world........

There is something to things being covered being considered more enticing. That's part of the entire point of things like sexy lingerie. You can be super sexy wearing clothes that cover very little at all. You can get a lot of reaction by covering only key bits. So there may be something to that.  I also think that, generally speaking, guys like boobs and will look at any and all pairs they possibly can.

1 hour ago, tsar4 said:

I firmly believe this. What about the Victorian era when guys were creaming themselves over women's ankles?

18 hours ago, tsar4 said:

The one that really set them off was the Handkerchief top.  I kinda laughed to myself, knowing that their parents probably said something similar about some clothing item, and they just kept the item in a school locker or friend's house for a quick changeover after leaving home.