UnevenEdge

Utah company made clothes in China and said they were American

matrixman124

5 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

This is fairly common sadly. The trend became "Assembled in America" where 99% of the work was done in China, and a couple of guys in the US slapped something together to get that tag on it.

We dont make a damn thing in this country anymore, and thats a big problem.

Well it seems to be very much illegal since the company is getting fined lol

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

This is fairly common sadly. The trend became "Assembled in America" where 99% of the work was done in China, and a couple of guys in the US slapped something together to get that tag on it.

We dont make a damn thing in this country anymore, and thats a big problem.

It's a problem called "I shop at Walmart because they have the best deals."

• Like 3
  • D'oh 1

13 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

It's a problem called "I shop at Walmart because they have the best deals."

I think the problem is actually called "I shop at walmart because our capitalist system has fucked millions of people and now that is all they can afford."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stilgar said:

I think the problem is actually called "I shop at walmart because our capitalist system has fucked millions of people and now that is all they can afford."

Fair enough.  Glibness aside, retailers like Walmart fueled this cycle of depreciated wages by undercutting manufacturers who, in turn, prioritize quantity over quality in order to continue to profit in an ultra competitive space.  We don't make things in this county not because it's too expensive for consumers but because it's too expensive for retailers.  Companies like Costco have been able to somewhat circumvent that (and pay their employees better wages) by relying on volume sales to cut costs, but that model isn't accessible for most consumers, particularly if they're part of the increasingly indigent and disenfranchised former members of the middle class.

What has happened is that retailers are taking too big a cut of the profits while suppressing prices to unsustainably low points.

• Like 1
  • D'oh 1