UnevenEdge

Toonami just got promoted on TBS

Sketch

Cross-promotion between networks? What a novel idea.

Seems odd it wasn’t the lineup promo and the only program shown was Naruto Shippuden and from the Pain fight I think.

Well that’s more than AT&T ever did to promote Toonami so maybe the Discovery people will do more than this?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i suppose this does put a dumper on those rumors of AS/Toonami being shutdown by next year(Why bother promoting it outside adultswim if there's already plans in place to remove adultswim from television)

although this commercial still seems weird because

as many have already mentioned before it's using Pain Story footage  episodes that toonami no longer has the rights for(Meaning if people tuned in expecting those episodes they'd be confused)

12 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

as many have already mentioned before it's using Pain Story footage

shippuden is going into filler until november, please, tell me what footage they should be using to promote the show right now

2 hours ago, korosu said:

shippuden is going into filler until november, please, tell me what footage they should be using to promote the show right now

Probably something recently aired. It’s just about as misleading but at least it won’t make people think Toonami is still in the Pain arc.

On 6/7/2022 at 9:01 PM, PokeNirvash said:

Uneven Edge: We Are So Cultured

I'm sure Pat is beaming with pride. :P

Still, it is good to see Toonami being promoted during AEW.

AEW After Dark to lead off before Toonami needs to happen.

15 hours ago, Daos said:

Imagine promoting the current lineup. Talk about bad timing.

remember they did say good things are on the horizon so they are at least still trying even if they can't give us whatever that is right now that's giving them such trouble

Edited by CountFrylock

21 hours ago, Ginguy said:

I'm sure Pat is beaming with pride. :P

Still, it is good to see Toonami being promoted during AEW.

AEW After Dark to lead off before Toonami needs to happen.

AEW has 2 weekly streaming shows on YouTube: Elevation and Dark. Putting some of those matches on [as] from 10 to midnight wouldn't seem to be such a terrible idea to me!

Hell, the way this is going, we might even end up seeing topicals for the new Gundam show during BattleBots next year. That would be freaking smart!!

Edited by OwlChemist81

I’m not opposed to Adult Swim airing AEW before Toonami though if it’s not a live event then it will probably do a lot worse than AEW does on TBS. Still might do better than Saturday comedy but Saturday comedy doesn’t do bad compared to other nights.

You know, thinking about it actually, it could be like found money for WBD in terms of A) Saturday Night not being a high priority for networks so [as] could be good ratings-wise with Dark and/or Elevation and B) You could bump Toonami a bit if they decide to stay on that channel afterwords.

Spoiler

To be fair also, I can't for certain say how much the overlap between "wrestling fans" and "anime fans" are, but Forbidden Door is mostly AEW vs. New Japan Pro Wrestling, so there's...some just based on correlation? 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sketch said:

I’m not opposed to Adult Swim airing AEW before Toonami though if it’s not a live event then it will probably do a lot worse than AEW does on TBS. Still might do better than Saturday comedy but Saturday comedy doesn’t do bad compared to other nights.

Well, the weird thing is tonight's Rampage was actually NOT live! Let's see how it does!!