UnevenEdge

The Rescue Rangers movie is actually a sequel to Who Framed Roger Rabbit

The universe depicted in the Rescue Rangers movie features cartoons and humans living side-by-side, as well as puppets/muppets.  The world the characters live in treat this as natural, as if the events of Who Framed Roger Rabbit had occurred and as time went on Toons decided to move from Toon Town and went through their own equal rights movement (which was probably a lot less messy than reality, because reality blows).

Roger Rabbit even makes a cameo, as does the Dip.

The movie also expands on the idea of Toons to include stop-motion/claymation and puppets/muppets as sentient beings.

I want another movie in this universe.  Not necessarily another Rescue Rangers movie or even Roger Rabbit, but something else along the lines where the universes blend together.  Considering there's a scene of Batman vs. ET in this movie, when Disney doesn't own Amblin or WB/DC, I don't see why there couldn't be a movie where some Looney Tunes D-list characters watch a trailer for a Spider-Man movie with Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield, Tom Holland, Spider-Man from the 90s animated show on FOX, Spider-Man from the 70s animated show, and Spider-Man from Into the Spiderverse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

I am also definitely in the category that it is stealth sequel, or within the same canon.

Hide contents

I desperately want to know how the conversation went when the lawyers asked for the rights to use "Ugly Sonic" in the movie

Fuckin' A, right?  Like, I want to know about ALLLLLLL the contracts for cameos. 

Spoiler

Foghorn Leghorn's cameo as a sticker, Batman and E.T., He-Man and Skeletor, MLP, the Transformers, Randy Marsh, there was just a ton of representation from everywhere.  I'm pretty sure WB would've wanted Bugs and Daffy or any of the other Looney Tunes to have a more important role or even have lines in a Disney pic, so I think that part of the deal was excluding Disney's big three for any WB representation.  I'd have loved to see some Hanna Barbara folks in there and not just referenced.

Basically I want to see a whole Toon Town cinematic universe where they're just united by the theme of Toons and Humans living together.  Like, I want a romantic drama starring Shannyn Sossamon and Doug Funnie.

Edited by GuyBeardmane

11 minutes ago, Seight said:

Headline: "4chan Users Are Up In Arms Over What Happens To Gadget, The Cartoon Mouse, In The ‘Chip ‘N Dale: Rescue Rangers’ Movie"

Me: Good. I'm Glad. (Donald Glover) | Reaction GIFs

O

M

F

G

Spoiler

“Bros, how do i cope the fact that the waifu of my infancy got f*cked by a fly?”

It's stupid, and yet's its absolutely glorious.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Vamped said:

I swear I must've missed getting into Rescue Rangers. My sister was like ... you wanna go see it and I was like 

..... for what? XD

Tailspin

DuckTales

The Rescuers from Down Under

sure. 

As previously alluded to... the ships are more traumatic in RR.

1 minute ago, Vamped said:

I do not care about Chip or Dale enough to see this movie. I never got the appeal of Roger Rabbit either 

It looks like the newer Chip and Dale (or at least their VAs) have more personality than previous iterations.  It's similar to the evolution of the nephews In the new DT.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, discolé monade said:

one of my favorite cross live action/animation is 'cool world',

who owns cool world? 

Paramount.  Also Paramount killed Cool World in the editing room.  Ralph Bakshi was being his typical Bakshit self when making it and Paramount decided to cut a bunch of his ideas to make it "safe for kids," as per Kim Basinger's request.

• Thanks 1