UnevenEdge

When you load a Minecraft world

Lasty

1 hour ago, bnmjy said:

But your computer is completely generating the Minecraft world. We are merely sensing the external environment.

Sorry, but bad analogy, unless you're a solipsist.

Or have the belief that the universe doesn't exist unless we perceive it or believe that we're  living in a simulation.

• Like 1

The electromotive force creates you as it becomes the container of the information that is you. People think about a brain sitting in a skull sensing the external environment, but the external environment includes the brain. The only internal is the electric current in the body. If you like being alive it means you really like flowing through that brain and the rest of the body. Don’t get too attached to it bc at every moment you’re also dissipating into the body and then  radiating into the rest of the universe when you convert into heat energy. That’s why you can only perceive “the present” bc you’re the new energy. You’re only here for about 100 milliseconds. After that you leave the logic circuit and contain no more information. It’s like taking the Mona Lisa and burning it in a fire, the visual information was there but it’s irrelevant to the process as the universe has new priorities for the energy. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/5/2022 at 9:03 AM, bnmjy said:

But your computer is completely generating the Minecraft world. We are merely sensing the external environment.

Sorry, but bad analogy, unless you're a solipsist.

It's not an analogy if it's real. o_o

On 2/6/2022 at 1:10 PM, Poof said:

The electromotive force creates you as it becomes the container of the information that is you. People think about a brain sitting in a skull sensing the external environment, but the external environment includes the brain. The only internal is the electric current in the body. If you like being alive it means you really like flowing through that brain and the rest of the body. Don’t get too attached to it bc at every moment you’re also dissipating into the body and then  radiating into the rest of the universe when you convert into heat energy. That’s why you can only perceive “the present” bc you’re the new energy. You’re only here for about 100 milliseconds. After that you leave the logic circuit and contain no more information. It’s like taking the Mona Lisa and burning it in a fire, the visual information was there but it’s irrelevant to the process as the universe has new priorities for the energy. 

More Lain gospel

• Like 2

If we're waiting on games to load to experience physical simulation, I'll wait for Striking Vipers 

I'm not ashamed to say I would be equally excited to safely and responsibly relieve stress by beating the fuck out of Lee from Tekken but also ... wait ....WAIT ... WAIT

Nvm I must be ovulating

Spoiler

But also fucking the shit out of him .... feels wrong.... not from my morals but to type so many curse words without punctuation 

• Haha 2

Schrodingers cat wants to take a shit on all this..

https://betterexplained.com/articles/gotcha-shrodingers-cat/

However there is this whole subatomic debacle that is probably best left to actual quantum physicists to describe because much like schrodingers cat it's often misunderstood as well..(I was going to use this as a counter for schrodingers cat myself until reading the article below) Interesting shit. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observer_effect_(physics)

I know I must have watched a hundred videos and articles where someone is describing the "observer effect" in a way that makes it seem like subatomic particles KNOW they are being watched, but from what I understand that's all bs as well. electrons are just so small a few photons bouncing off the eye have convinced observers something spooky is going on?  Idk according to the wiki article 'electronic detectors' cause all this. 

I like the whole 'the universe is a simulation' idea as a thought expiriment at least, but ehhh it doesn't hold up to acual intense scientific scrutiny from what I gather. Don't let me spoil the fun here though.. Sell me on this shit. I'll take both pills Morpheus. :|

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

19 hours ago, Poof said:

similar but alil more cynical than my spirits of the electroverse theory. And I've never seen that amine

You should really check out serial experiments lain. It talks about Schumann Resonance. The idea that as people become more  connected to the "wired" aka the internet, the world would function as one giant brain.

Edited by Stonergoth187
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Stonergoth187 said:

You should really check out serial experiments lain. It talks about Schumann Resonance. The idea that as people become more  connected to the "wired" aka the internet, the world would function as one giant brain.

It looks good. I’m def gonna check it out thanks 😋 Thing about the internet tho, if the world were going to be a big brain/gaia , it would already be one way before the internet. The internet would just be an upgrade. Think of the printing press as an upgrade in bandwidth and encoding time but not speed since ppl still had to carry the info manually to each other. Information theory isn’t going to care how the data gets there. Like how they sent network packets via carrier pigeons as a joke. Or Brian in family guy telling the zoomer girl that a book is “the internet made out of a tree.”

Edited by Poof
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Poof said:

It looks good. I’m def gonna check it out thanks 😋 Thing about the internet tho, if the world were going to be a big brain/gaia , it would already be one way before the internet. The internet would just be an upgrade. Think of the printing press as an upgrade in bandwidth and encoding time but not speed since ppl still had to carry the info manually to each other. Information theory isn’t going to care how the data gets there. Like how they sent network packets via carrier pigeons as a joke. Or Brian in family guy telling the zoomer girl that a book is “the internet made out of a tree.”

In lain they speak of a god that always existed before the advent of what they call "protocol 7". Basically a program designed to connect people. So what you mentioned might be just that.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stonergoth187 said:

In lain they speak of a god that always existed before the advent of what they call "protocol 7". Basically a program designed to connect people. So what you mentioned might be just that.

DNA could be the first human network maybe. Two people talking makes a conversation that you can have a transcript of. If the two people never met/spoke, neither could create the transcript on their own. So reproduction is two sets of information interacting and creating a new set of information which changes the state and structure of the DNA network.

On 2/12/2022 at 7:02 PM, Poof said:

I was thinking about the pigeons again today bc when i was on the page for this thread before I saved this pic bc funny

609971785_packetloss.PNG.618c9ee46bddc2312f5a0ecfa489f864.PNG

but that got me thinking about it again. And the races they put on between pigeons carrying physical media and the network cables. The pigeons actually won usually bc physical media being carried has hella bandwidth. Like if you pick up a 1tb hard drive and movie it, your bandwidth for the trip was 1 tb over time.

So I imagined in the future there might be super fast drones that carry packages of physical media along certain internet routes. It would work

On 2/5/2022 at 10:58 AM, Sieg67 said:

Or have the belief that the universe doesn't exist unless we perceive it or believe that we're  living in a simulation.

Or it's fun to speculate and some people are idiots for either not noticing or, worse, intentionally ignoring that obvious fact.