UnevenEdge

AssClass Season 2 premieres 1/8

Top Gun

Finally a new addition.

Finally the 2nd half of the series.

Finally a glimmer of hope that Sony isn't absolutely screwing over Toonami right now.

But that only fills one vacant slot. So unless they're starting it with a double episode premiere (certainly not uncommon at this point) we might see another show get announced before the end of the week or DeMarco was just being coy about YashaHime season 2. We should get that schedule by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Was not my favorite show.  It was kind of mediocre and unmemorable.  And I could not for the life of me remember most of the characters' names.  But, at least it's not a rerun.

The second season hits way harder IMO, especially the ending. But I honestly can't remember the names of most of those kids. Nagisa (memorable because it can be a boys name or a girls name), Karma (also memorable), Terasaka (was a bully, just kinda stuck out to me), Ritsu (the computer girl), Rio (the blonde) and I just had to think real hard to remember the green hair girl's name (it's Kaede). Beyond that I remember Miss Bitch, Mr. Kurasuma and the Koro Sensei. I remember the Principal but not his name.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sketch said:

The second season hits way harder IMO, especially the ending. But I honestly can't remember the names of most of those kids. Nagisa (memorable because it can be a boys name or a girls name), Karma (also memorable), Terasaka (was a bully, just kinda stuck out to me), Ritsu (the computer girl), Rio (the blonde) and I just had to think real hard to remember the green hair girl's name (it's Kaede). Beyond that I remember Miss Bitch, Mr. Kurasuma and the Koro Sensei. I remember the Principal but not his name.

Yeah I think you got way further than I did haha.  Though you did help jog my memory on some of the more distinctive characters.

So season 2 is when things get more "serious?"  It took for a long time for the first season to have actual danger and not just be training exercises.  Seems like a very kiddy show.

5 hours ago, ben0119 said:

So season 2 is when things get more "serious?"  It took for a long time for the first season to have actual danger and not just be training exercises.  Seems like a very kiddy show.

It's something we like to call a "slow burn". Besides, shows can be bright and cheery and age-appropriate-looking but still be serious crap. Ass Class's studio did that sort of thing before with their adaptation of School-Live!, a CGDCT (cute girls doing cute things) show in the middle of a zombie apocalypse that TV Tropes really doesn't want you to know about.

On 1/2/2022 at 2:04 AM, ben0119 said:

Yeah I think you got way further than I did haha.  Though you did help jog my memory on some of the more distinctive characters.

I just rewatched the first episode a little while ago, and if that wasn't real danger, I don't know what is. Remember, you can't make Koro-Sensei mad; he's literally capable of ANYTHING!

Edited by OwlChemist81

19 hours ago, Daos said:

How did it take this long? Was someone really cockblocking the rights to S2?

one fan theory is that at first they could only afford the first half of the series and they were probably dealing with continuing budget problems in 2021 that kept them from getting the rest of it

On 1/3/2022 at 8:39 PM, Daos said:

How did it take this long? Was someone really cockblocking the rights to S2?

I don't think it's that they couldn't get season 2, more that they didn't want to.  Didn't Toonami announce they were "taking a break" from Assassination Classroom or something when season 1 ended?  Other shows were prioritized.  But now that they're desperate they are finally bringing it back.

On 1/2/2022 at 2:11 PM, CountFrylock said:

It is but at the same time there's still more slots to fill and I'd have to know if the rest of 1/8 will be a marathon or not

I'm dreading the Food Wars announcement.  I'm kind of surprised Toonami didn't just continue it through to the next season.

On 1/2/2022 at 7:30 AM, PokeNirvash said:

It's something we like to call a "slow burn". Besides, shows can be bright and cheery and age-appropriate-looking but still be serious crap. Ass Class's studio did that sort of thing before with their adaptation of School-Live!, a CGDCT (cute girls doing cute things) show in the middle of a zombie apocalypse that TV Tropes really doesn't want you to know about.

Pretty dull slow burn.

TV Tropes is covering up a show??

The effectiveness varies from person-to-person.

What I mean by that is, any mention of the zombie apocalypse part of School-Live is spoilered on TV Tropes for the sole purpose of avoiding spoiling the obvious surprise for those who plan on going in blind. Same thing with Haruhi Suzumiya being God, even though everyone and their grandmother knows that she is.