UnevenEdge

any tips for how to get a snake out of your house?

nameraka

Is it like hiding somewhere you can't reach, or are you able to get a hold of it?

The way to handle snacks is to step on its head (while wearing shoes of course. Also try not to just crush its head), the idea being you hold its head down with your foot, and then you grab it by its neck, as close to its head as you can possibly get, that way when you move it it can't just turn its head and bite you.

I've seen my dad handle a snake this way, and I've handled one or two this way.

What kind, if i may ask?

i had 3 baby ball pythons and one had pushed it’s way out of its cage.

i got one of those hot packs and made a trap with a box. Put the hot pack under it in the location i thought he was and eventually he ended up under the box. I just kept looking.

They are always looking for a warm place

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DBAss said:

Honestly if you don't want to risk touching it, you could just call up animal control and tell them you have a snake in your house, and typically they won't charge you anything since it's usually one of those govt services.

I just pushed it out the door with a shovel. We're both fine.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BooThickemz said:

What kind, if i may ask?

i had 3 baby ball pythons and one had pushed it’s way out of its cage.

i got one of those hot packs and made a trap with a box. Put the hot pack under it in the location i thought he was and eventually he ended up under the box. I just kept looking.

They are always looking for a warm place

My initial thought was baby copperhead, but the pattern wasn't quite right. Similar color though. Definitely a juvenile.

• Like 1