UnevenEdge

Meanwhile, in Lincoln, Nebraska...

tsar4

11 hours ago, StarPanda said:

If I was one of the workers and we all planned to quit, I would have made my self a bunch of food and taken it with me as I quit 

Not advisable.  The Pillsbury Doughboy seems all jolly, but get him angry & find yourself shoved in an oven.

No wonder! People don't want to be exploited anymore! The jobs pay too little so why should we accept poverty wages?

I blame the Baby Boomers for causing all this. That generation had it all growing up thanks to the reforms of FDR, Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, and Lyndon Johnson, reforms that both Democrats AND Republicans supported. The Boomers demanded more as they got older. Then they turned around and threw it all in the trash while blaming others because that fuck Ronald Reagan told them to! And for what? So they could sabotage things for Generations X, Y, and Z--THEIR OWN FUCKING CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN--and call it freedom?

47 minutes ago, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

No wonder! People don't want to be exploited anymore! The jobs pay too little so why should we accept poverty wages?

I blame the Baby Boomers for causing all this. That generation had it all growing up thanks to the reforms of FDR, Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, and Lyndon Johnson, reforms that both Democrats AND Republicans supported. The Boomers demanded more as they got older. Then they turned around and threw it all in the trash while blaming others because that fuck Ronald Reagan told them to! And for what? So they could sabotage things for Generations X, Y, and Z--THEIR OWN FUCKING CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN--and call it freedom?

What did Lyndon Johnson do?

2 minutes ago, Sawdamizer said:

What did Lyndon Johnson do?

He enacted the Great Society programs such as Medicare and Medicaid. He also did what JFK couldn't do: Sign the Civil Rights Act into law.

What funded these new programs and others? High taxes on the rich. Reagan fucked it all up with his tax cuts and trickle-down scam.

3 minutes ago, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

He enacted the Great Society programs such as Medicare and Medicaid. He also did what JFK couldn't do: Sign the Civil Rights Act into law.

What funded these new programs and others? High taxes on the rich. Reagan fucked it all up with his tax cuts and trickle-down scam.

Oh, I guess we don’t want to even talk about his escalation in the Vietnam war?

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 2:22 PM, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

We don't need Reagan for that.

There will be more tax cuts and trickle down, later, after the current administration leaves.

People will vote for it in droves.

2 minutes ago, Sofa King Kule said:

We don't need Reagan for that.

There will be more tax cuts and trickle down, later, after the current administration leaves.

People will vote for it in droves.

Before Reagan, things were economically great. CEOs took home only 30% more than workers. We had new social programs, schools, and infrastructure. Workers had good jobs with unions, benefits, and pensions. Wages were in sync with the cost of living. One could afford a year's worth of college tuition working a summer job. After about a year of working a 9-5, one could afford a house. America's middle class was created. After Reagan fucked everything up, CEOs now take home 300-400% more than workers. Reagan gutted our social programs, let our infrastructure crumble, kneecapped unions, and replaced Social Security and pensions with 401(k)s. Wages stagnated while the cost of living rose. College tuition rose such that so many people now have crippling student debt, punishing them for getting an education. Reagan replaced the middle class with working poor. And for what? Why did the Boomers have to vote for HIM of all people? What happened?

5 minutes ago, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

Before Reagan, things were economically great. CEOs took home only 30% more than workers. We had new social programs, schools, and infrastructure. Workers had good jobs with unions, benefits, and pensions. Wages were in sync with the cost of living. One could afford a year's worth of college tuition working a summer job. After about a year of working a 9-5, one could afford a house. America's middle class was created. After Reagan fucked everything up, CEOs now take home 300-400% more than workers. Reagan gutted our social programs, let our infrastructure crumble, kneecapped unions, and replaced Social Security and pensions with 401(k)s. Wages stagnated while the cost of living rose. College tuition rose such that so many people now have crippling student debt, punishing them for getting an education. Reagan replaced the middle class with working poor. And for what? Why did the Boomers have to vote for HIM of all people? What happened?

You'll find out after Harris takes the presidency.