UnevenEdge

Quarantine was a blessing to peeps trying to get some work done on the sly

Mix

I got to take two months off work (not let go or furloughed or anything) because I was experiencing what turned out to be allergies that would not fucking go away for that duration, and work at the time was telling us if we feel sick (any kind of sick, I thought i had a really long cold) don't come in. Now it's been changed to don't come in if you're experiencing specifically covid symptoms and you don't know those symptoms are caused by something else. Although I'm pretty sure a fever, regardless of the cause, is still an automatic don't come to work situation.

Got a lot of guitar playing / writing / recording done during that time.

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist

Just now, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

That doesn't sound very secluded, unless you did your own tattoo.

It’s more that friends and family don’t know I got the tattoo.

I also haven’t been as keen on seeing family face-to-face all year long due to the quarantine, hence the seclusion. I’m mostly forced out for groceries or if my hair has gotten too long. 

• Like 1

It wasn't for me. I would've loved to have used all this time for some writing inner reflection and expanding my music capabilities, but it's been one week blending into the next lay off's position nixes and a little bit of added military stupidy around the edges for me because I guess the rest of the shit didn't total up to be stupid enough. No rest for the wicked though. 

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

On 2/24/2021 at 5:08 PM, Mix said:

People haven't seen you for a minute. 

Get that lypo, those butt injections, that new Jamie Foxx hair line and just act like this is how it always was xD

What you people don't know is I got hair plugs on my face, I'm emerging from this thing with a beard that would rival Darwin's

It's definitely not going to be all the hair from my head glued to my face so we can just go ahead and throw that theory out

32 minutes ago, molarbear said:

What you people don't know is I got hair plugs on my face, I'm emerging from this thing with a beard that would rival Darwin's

It's definitely not going to be all the hair from my head glued to my face so we can just go ahead and throw that theory out

ok.................hair from your balls it is 9_9

2 minutes ago, Mix said:

what was it?

pics?

It was San from Princess Mononoke. 

It took me forever to figure out what I wanted because I kept trying to tie larger meanings to a tattoo. But there was a part of the film that resonated with me that I thought would look wonderful with the watercolor that my tattoo artist specializes in.

It also was an anime tattoo that I figured would age well cause her wearing a mask means the artist wouldn’t have to recreate a weird anime face like what happens to a lot of anime character tattoos. 

568B8C04-A2B5-4566-AA16-D08AEE80A170.thumb.jpeg.bedb907272aadf6e49335445711c2f33.jpeg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chapinator_X said:

It took me forever to figure out what I wanted because I kept trying to tie larger meanings to a tattoo. But there was a part of the film that resonated with me that I thought would look wonderful with the watercolor that my tattoo artist specializes in.

It also was an anime tattoo that I figured would age well cause her wearing a mask means the artist wouldn’t have to recreate a weird anime face like what happens to a lot of anime character tattoos. 

568B8C04-A2B5-4566-AA16-D08AEE80A170.thumb.jpeg.bedb907272aadf6e49335445711c2f33.jpeg

good call....looks dope 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mix said:

good call....looks dope 

Thanks! Not sure if I’ll get another anime one or taking better time to think about what would be a decent tattoo for the second arm.

I’m currently leaning on either one of the boon images from Hades or the “Start” select from 13 Sentinels, but I didn’t want to get a tattoo that felt too much like I got it in the here-and-now and I wanted it to be something I’ll continue to remember significantly in the future like Ghibli & Mononoke.

I’m happy it turned out looking great and that the experience was pleasant enough that I wasn’t turned off from considering a second one. I remember the artist was talking about how people would just choose a more painful spot like their ribs and be completely turned off from ever revisiting. 

23 minutes ago, Chapinator_X said:

Thanks! Not sure if I’ll get another anime one or taking better time to think about what would be a decent tattoo for the second arm.

I’m currently leaning on either one of the boon images from Hades or the “Start” select from 13 Sentinels, but I didn’t want to get a tattoo that felt too much like I got it in the here-and-now and I wanted it to be something I’ll continue to remember significantly in the future like Ghibli & Mononoke.

I’m happy it turned out looking great and that the experience was pleasant enough that I wasn’t turned off from considering a second one. I remember the artist was talking about how people would just choose a more painful spot like their ribs and be completely turned off from ever revisiting. 

wow, the ribs....that sounds like a terrible idea....i'm going to get my first tattoo someplace soft like my face...get like an ice cream cone on my cheek that says brrr

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Chapinator_X said:

That was definitely a good choice.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

That was definitely a good choice.

Thanks! Aside from the Hades game idea, other contenders were ones from Persona and FFVII, but I wasn’t a fan of how they looked on Google Image searches compared to some of the cooler Ghibli ideas. 

I’m contemplating posting it elsewhere too because of how nice it turned out. I got to the point where I can finally lay down on my right arm without it itching and it’s getting less red over time so that’s also a positive. 

• Like 1