UnevenEdge

I discovered a useless thing....

1pooh4u

i don't know what this thread is about or who any of you ppl are

this thread is about that thing....that thing that I discovered....the thing that needed to be corrected (sort of) so quickly that it's all a blur now ::spin:: >:D

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But I must admit I'm not sure I get what's the difference between karma spamming and what I'm doing and I love karma spamming it got me to my fav #

I'd thank the guys that did it but I don't wanna get them in trouble for it.

but thank you @youknowwhoyousguysare

okay I think I figured it out.

there's a runtask for removing duplicate likes (yay! another maintenance thing to slow the server down!!).  Viper said something about it, but his PM was a little weird/abrupt and difficult to decipher.  Basically when I started poking around the settings I was like "oooh that's what he was talking about".

so I'm guessing he ran that and that's why things disappeared the first time.  Then I just now tested it out which is why things disappeared the second time.

essentially, the only real solution atm to the glitch is to either perform that runtask periodically, or shut off likes. 

there's a runtask for removing duplicate likes (yay! another maintenance thing to slow the server down!!).  Viper said something about it, but his PM was a little weird/abrupt and difficult to decipher.  Basically when I started poking around the settings I was like "oooh that's what he was talking about".

so I'm guessing he ran that and that's why things disappeared the first time.  Then I just now tested it out which is why things disappeared the second time.

essentially, the only real solution atm to the glitch is to either perform that runtask periodically, or shut off likes.

Or you can leave it alone and the mods can remove superfluous likes  -_'

wow, someone's a cunt, they did the same to firefly when she got 420.....buncha buzz killing, no fun, cunts :fap:

Seriously, though.  That really pisses me off too.

Actually, it's hard to be serious when you're intentionally being an overemoting ass in a thread, but, for real, this pisses me off.

Seriously, though.  That really pisses me off too.

Actually, it's hard to be serious when you're intentionally being an overemoting ass in a thread, but, for real, this pisses me off.

lol inorite?!?  It took a lot of time to do that and one dick with their head up their ass undoes it.

Lol bet no one will fix that though just fix the stuff that is amusing but not the stuff someone actually likes  : o

you know he's going to shut off the likes now.

c04df784cc25cef7ecf07d1d9478a0b5.jpg

Probably but I'm on a phone now and it doesn't work on it and since I was the one doing it and I'm bored anyway they should leave it and cross the Zeni likes himself bridge when they get there.  Cuz that's the concern that was mentioned

mods can't really individually remove likes.  so it's the runtask or nothing basically.  unless/until somebody comes up with a better plan.

How about we just "like" posts that strike our fancy or agree with and not abuse bugs.  ::spin::

lol inorite?!?  It took a lot of time to do that and one dick with their head up their ass undoes it.

Lol bet no one will fix that though just fix the stuff that is amusing but not the stuff someone actually likes  : o

if you're talking about Karma, there's a profile field for that, so I can actually go in and manipulate the number on that.  Admins and mods can.

Probably not.

just turn off the likes already. I enjoy watching the world burn.

200.gif

it's really not a huge big deal anyhow.  plus we can periodically purge the duplicate likes.

so - I think it's pretty much taken care of.  not perfect, but good enough for me.

mods can't really individually remove likes.  so it's the runtask or nothing basically.  unless/until somebody comes up with a better plan.

Then just run it when it's stupid abused not cuz someone gave someone 4-10 likes a few times >:D

Ok many times but still c'mon man relax not everything needs to be fixed right away.  8)

Then just run it when it's stupid abused not cuz someone gave someone 4-10 likes a few times >:D

Ok many times but still c'mon man relax not everything needs to be fixed right away.  8)

yeah I won't run it a lot because it's a drain on the server.  well, more of a drain than not running it. 

yeah I won't run it a lot because it's a drain on the server.  well, more of a drain than not running it.

I actually was thinking I was breaking shit but I shoulda known from jump it wasn't my doing when the error message popped instead of the site >:D

Wow.

Likes are so serious this needed the ASAP attention.

Unlike the server that goes out 5 days a week.

Wow.

Likes are so serious this needed the ASAP attention.

Unlike the server that goes out 5 days a week.

It's more important to slow the server down by removing likes than it is to have a site that doesn't frequently time out.

Probably but I'm on a phone now and it doesn't work on it and since I was the one doing it and I'm bored anyway they should leave it and cross the Zeni likes himself bridge when they get there.  Cuz that's the concern that was mentioned

N-N-Not...

Zeni l-liking his own posts?!  ::spin::

*thunderclap*