UnevenEdge

I have a weird mental health question

ghostrek

how do you institutionalize someone during covid-19 mean worst comes to worst with me and right now what would I expect mean would I be in quarantine in a mental facility for two weeks and if a patient was suicidal don't they need to be on suicide watch I have so many questions about this ?

Edited by ghostrek
  • Sad 1

how do you institutionalize someone during covid-19 mean worst comes to worst with me and right now what would I expect mean would I be in quarantine in a mental facility for two weeks and if a patient was suicidal don't they need to be on suicide watch I have so many questions about this ?

4 minutes ago, ghostrek said:

Are you suicidal?

8 hours ago, ghostrek said:

Are you speaking about yourself? 

Look man, death is an uncertainty. If there's anything you laugh about in this life, remember - that's all fucking gone once you're gone.

yes. You will most likely be naked in a padded cell with someone assigned to stare at your naked body just in case you end up getting a hold of something you can kill yourself with if you're suicidal.. If you are feeling this way not trying to scare you it's just... especially working with prisoners I'm used to saying all that because people try to get into the mental wards thinking they'll have it easier, and maybe they will if they are comfortable with all that but usually after hearing how it is they say "fuck that no I'm not suicidal I was just in my feelings I guess boss."

As for being institutionalized just because of a mental disability or whatever you got going on it shouldn't be as bad of course, but that all depends on the 'institution' as well. All that said what makes you think any of that's in your future anyway?

14 hours ago, ghostrek said:

So you’re asking how they quarantine people? Or how their being monitored 

*Exchange 'cell' for 'room' in my above post and it's still pretty accurate for how any mental health institution is gonna treat you if you go in saying you're suicidal. Really where is that coming from though man I get you may have a level of depression, but with the circumstances nationwide right now a lot of people do. If you think you need in-patient help for your mental illness.. ADHD or whatever you got going on that's a completely different thing from the suicidal issue is all I'm trying to tell you, and you don't want to overstate your depression or anything like that unless you actually feel like you're in danger of ending your own life for the hell of it.. 

50 minutes ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

*Exchange 'cell' for 'room' in my above post and it's still pretty accurate for how any mental health institution is gonna treat you if you go in saying you're suicidal. Really where is that coming from though man I get you may have a level of depression, but with the circumstances nationwide right now a lot of people do. If you think you need in-patient help for your mental illness.. ADHD or whatever you got going on that's a completely different thing from the suicidal issue is all I'm trying to tell you, and you don't want to overstate your depression or anything like that unless you actually feel like you're in danger of ending your own life for the hell of it.. 

I have my times of having those thoughts of suicide  that's what I'm really concerned with and I don't know if I will be doing it I've been having those thoughts  that's a dangerous sign

So honestly man with the way things sound you should have mental health check ups and docs or something assigned to you kind of on a case basis.. I believe you've even said you get SSI or whatever it is. Tell them how you feel. That's going to be very concerning for them, but it doesn't necessarily mean you are going to be institutionalized either. Maybe they'll just prescribe you an anti-depressant or be able to work out what's making you feel that way, and not do it at all..

Speaking from experience you don't seem to be a danger to your self from all the posts you;ve made..but I have no idea what's going on with you either I'm just a random guy on the internet. If you get to the point where you are plotting ways to hurt yourself you need to seek help immediately is all I can really say. I'd hate to see you go for one internet pal...

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

1 hour ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

So honestly man with the way things sound you should have mental health check ups and docs or something assigned to you kind of on a case basis.. I believe you've even said you get SSI or whatever it is. Tell them how you feel. That's going to be very concerning for them, but it doesn't necessarily mean you are going to be institutionalized either. Maybe they'll just prescribe you an anti-depressant or be able to work out what's making you feel that way, and not do it at all..

Speaking from experience you don't seem to be a danger to your self from all the posts you;ve made..but I have no idea what's going on with you either I'm just a random guy on the internet. If you get to the point where you are plotting ways to hurt yourself you need to seek help immediately is all I can really say. I'd hate to see you go for one internet pal...

@PhilosipherStoned i lost my ssi  few years ago  i am working on ways deal with until then

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ghostrek said:

@PhilosipherStoned i lost my ssi  few years ago  i am working on ways deal with until then

Sorry to hear that man, but right now I think you are just thinking about worst case scenarios.. We all seem to be able to mingle with you here on UE to whatever degree so it's hard for me to say you have as much to worry about as you think. Just remember you are the only one that can take your life in a direction YOU want.. I hope things are ok on the job front if you lost your SSI...but as I have been trying to say it's  your responsibility.

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

2 minutes ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

Sorry to hear that man, but right now I think you are just thinnking about worst case scenarios.. We all seem to be able to mingle with you here on UE to whatever degree so it's hard for me to say you have as much to worry about as you think. Just remember you are the only one that can take your life in a direction YOU want.. I hope things are ok on the job front if you lost your SSI...but as I have been trying to say it's  your responsibility.

yes it is and I am planning to handle the mental health thing properly  i am all most 36 and I'm dealing with this for that long and it's frustrating 

When I went in a couple months ago it was through the emergency room, so they tested me. I was negative so I went straight in. If you do that and you're positive, or you do it by other means, I don't know. Plus I'm sure it varies even by state, let alone city. So I'm not sure, and if anyone here could answer questions about mental institutions, it's me. Covid throws a wrench into everything. But no matter what, if you really think it's what you need, get the help. Pursue other means, if possible. But if you're at that point, take the leap. It's not showing weakness, it's showing strength.