UnevenEdge

WWE Discussion Thread

Skiles

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, Cena took the loss for the team and now it will be weeks of Cole dick riding him? ohno

Strowman has potential to be so much more than "hulk smash". Creative needs to experiment, they have some real incredible talent that gets wasted on formulaic tropes from thirty years ago.

• 5 weeks later...

SmackDown went #UnderSiege with their #AttackForce. Tonight I expect #TheGlimmerMan is gonna be #OutforJustice. Jinder Mahal is already #HalfPastDead and will soon be in the #BellyoftheBeast. The WWE as a whole is gonna be #OnDeadlyGround if the boss keeps making an #ExecutiveDecision. Vince should be #PistolWhipped.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, jackiemarie90 said:

So how we all feeling for Royal Rumble?

I think the women will outshine the men in the traditional 30 person match.

Most of the rest of the card seems kind of meh. I think the SDL matches will be better than the RAW matches.

It was fun watching Cole get tossed off the stage, I lul'd.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ginguy said:

I think the women will outshine the men in the traditional 30 person match.

Most of the rest of the card seems kind of meh. I think the SDL matches will be better than the RAW matches.

It was fun watching Cole get tossed off the stage, I lul'd.

I used to watch it all the time, but had to shut off cable in favor of saving money. But I do got the WWE network so I'm excited to see some good matches. Looks like they are pushing Strowman who I love, so happy about that. lol

I'm pretty excited for the women's royal rumble, I'm gonna guess this is when Rhonda Rousey makes her debut, but thinking Nia Jax has a strong chance to win. Some are saying she will turn on Bliss during the rumble. lol

1 hour ago, jackiemarie90 said:

I used to watch it all the time, but had to shut off cable in favor of saving money. But I do got the WWE network so I'm excited to see some good matches. Looks like they are pushing Strowman who I love, so happy about that. lol

I'm pretty excited for the women's royal rumble, I'm gonna guess this is when Rhonda Rousey makes her debut, but thinking Nia Jax has a strong chance to win. Some are saying she will turn on Bliss during the rumble. lol

WWE creative wastes strong talent on stupid stories. I expect Rumble to be no different. I didn't know Rousey was going to WWE. I had more respect for her than that. :D Nia Jax needs to go back to school, her movements are very choppy. She is going to get someone seriously hurt trying to not just blunder about. 

1 hour ago, Ginguy said:

WWE creative wastes strong talent on stupid stories. I expect Rumble to be no different. I didn't know Rousey was going to WWE. I had more respect for her than that. :D Nia Jax needs to go back to school, her movements are very choppy. She is going to get someone seriously hurt trying to not just blunder about. 

Yeah I had believed Stephanie signed the contracts with her awhile ago. Although not considered a real pure sport, wrestling as a career in "Sports Entertainment" provides ample acting opportunites that have launch stars into some of the highest paid stars of Hollywood. Like Bautista, Cena, and The Rock ya jabroni. :P  I wouldn't be surprised if that was her real goal, especially since she gained a lot of fame when she was in Wrestlemania etc.

1 minute ago, jackiemarie90 said:

Yeah I had believed Stephanie signed the contracts with her awhile ago. Although not considered a real pure sport, wrestling as a career in "Sports Entertainment" provides ample acting opportunites that have launch stars into some of the highest paid stars of Hollywood. Like Bautista, Cena, and The Rock ya jabroni. :P  I wouldn't be surprised if that was her real goal, especially since she gained a lot of fame when she was in Wrestlemania etc.

Makes sense when you look at it that way. There is only so much getting punched in the faise you can take before acting becomes wishful thinking. xD I don't know that she really has much charisma though, from what I've seen of her on a mic, she is kind of bland. Maybe they can send her to the same school they sent Roman Reigns to....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ginguy said:

Makes sense when you look at it that way. There is only so much getting punched in the faise you can take before acting becomes wishful thinking. xD I don't know that she really has much charisma though, from what I've seen of her on a mic, she is kind of bland. Maybe they can send her to the same school they sent Roman Reigns to....

I know she has done fast and the furious and I think entourage, so I'd say she is interested. lol 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I’m thinking there’s no way in hell that Strowman takes the Universal title from Roman Reigns at Hell in a Cell.

I do believe that Somoa Joe will take the WWE title from AJ Styles. 

I am also interested to see what sort of hell will be paid this Monday, after the whole Raw heel roster decimated the Shield last week. I say, give the tag titles to Rollins and Ambrose, then the Shield will own all the titles on Raw, and just let them fuck up everyone. 

If they’re not gonna let Rusev Day when the tag titles at Hell in a Cell, then it’s time to end it. There’s no way Rusev Day can lose clean here. Either they win the titles, or Aiden English turns heel and costs them the match. But that would kill English’s career. But we’ve seen McMahon kill off so many good characters over the years, so this wouldn’t surprise me.

In my opinion, there is no one better to watch put on a clinic than Seth Rollins. He is tearing it up still. 

Superstars who are killing it right now:

Seth Rollins

The Miz

Somoa Joe

Superstars who are killing me right now:

Titus Worldwide

Bobby Roode

Bobby Lashley

Ronda Rousey

Brie Bella

Honorable mentions:

R-Truth for finally getting some air time.

Chad Gable for kicking ass last week.

AJ Styles, just because he’s freakin Phenomenal.

Finn Balor, just because he hasn’t quit WWE after being forced to face Baron Corbin for the past several months.

Baron Corbin for finally cutting off the three strands of hair he had left.

The Colons for having a match last week, for the first time since (checks notes) fucking forever. 

In closing, I’m glad Lesnar is gone for now. I don’t like Rousey. She’s got three moves and those suck in my opinion. Trish Stratus looks old as hell. Elias needs to be featured in an actual match on a pay per view. I want to see more of The Bar and The Usos. Brie Bella should never be allowed to wrestle or talk again. The Miz and Maryse are THE IT COUPLE. The Miz needs championship gold, because he’s that damn good. 

Just some of my thoughts.

1 hour ago, midnight said:

I’m thinking there’s no way in hell that Strowman takes the Universal title from Roman Reigns at Hell in a Cell.

I am also interested to see what sort of hell will be paid this Monday, after the whole Raw heel roster decimated the Shield last week. I say, give the tag titles to Rollins and Ambrose, then the Shield will own all the titles on Raw, and just let them fuck up everyone. 

Gotta keep the kiddy merch sales strong while you play fake cheers over all the boos.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, midnight said:

I don’t like Rousey. She’s got three moves and those suck in my opinion.

I don't understand how people can boo Roman (well I mean I understand that completely), but at the same time cheer for Rousey. She's been pushed harder than anyone in history, has had countless botches, lot of moves have looked like close calls and I fully expect her to end someone's career at some point, and she sucks on the mic. Just give her a Paul Heyman and let her scowl because that's all she can do. This one-of-the-girls act with Natalya and the others is awful. Her heel turn can't come soon enough. Baddest woman on the planet? After her last two UFC fights?! O.o

• Thanks 1

I hate how Strowman has gone from feuding with Reigns to Hulk Hogan kiddy-partnered babyface and coming to Reigns aid then a sudden turn to Dick Braun vs KO and now back to regular heel versus Reigns again. And KO has that lame squash match versus Braun, quits a few weeks later, then comes back the very next week and joins the mob with Strowman. How about some consistency?!

Fuckin Vince. Thank God for MNF and NXT.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, panic said:

I don't understand how people can boo Roman (well I mean I understand that completely), but at the same time cheer for Rousey. She's been pushed harder than anyone in history, has had countless botches, lot of moves have looked like close calls and I fully expect her to end someone's career at some point, and she sucks on the mic. Just give her a Paul Heyman and let her scowl because that's all she can do. This one-of-the-girls act with Natalya and the others is awful. Her heel turn can't come soon enough. Baddest woman on the planet? After her last two UFC fights?! O.o

Rousey is about as good as Brie Bella in the ring. I thought Brie killed herself....twice on Raw last week. 

Rosuey is all botch. They did push her too hard and too fast. She should have had months of training, then a stint in NXT, off of tv, and then graduated to NXT tv tapings. Then, and only then, moved to the main roster. I, like you, worry every time she’s in the ring. She is going to hurt someone. She’s all adrenaline and zero technique. She’s an insult to Rowdy Roddy Piper. And you’re right, her mic skills suck. Paul Heyman is the only person that can get her over, the way she needs to be. Alexa Bliss pretty much carried the women’s division for over a year, just to have Rousey show up and take the title. 

Roman Reigns can wrestle. He’s highly talented. I get why the fans boo him, because they’re tired of seeing him in the main event all the time. Personally, I like Reigns. And the fans seem to have forgotten, he hasn’t won a major championship in a few years, until now. 

Ember Moon has all the talent and potential in the world. Her top rope stunner is a thing of beauty. But she’s on the wrong show. She will never get a major push, now that Rousey is hogging the title. Rousey will hold that title until at least Wrestlemania. Rousey has an arm bar submission. An arm bar takedown. And a stupid looking F-5/Attitude Adjustment shit move. That’s about it. All she has is a name. I mean, maybe she will get trained by someone who has some sense and one day become a bad ass in WWE, but I doubt it. She’s more or less, just a ratings draw at the moment. Hopefully her new will wear off soon and the fans will just not give a shit anymore. Lately, when she comes out, that’s when I take a bathroom break, or go make a sandwich. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...