UnevenEdge

WWE Discussion Thread

Skiles

On 1/23/2020 at 8:56 PM, panic said:

Why is Bork Lazer in the Royal Rumble when he is already champ?

On 1/24/2020 at 7:04 AM, Seight said:

WWE Creative: "yes"

Lmao is this real? The only wwe thing i know from the last several years is Kofi winning the title and brock squashing him. 

Is he.....defending the title in the Rumble?..something tells me no

Edited by NaBrunswick

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I'm guessing the women's Elimination Chamber will be main event tonight because Lesnar/McIntyre/Goldberg/Roman/Cena/Wyatt aren't on the card Baszler v. Lynch is the only main event-level match for WrestleMania that can be advanced tonight besides maybe Styles/Undertaker(?) They only built this show based off of 8 hours of programming *Corey Graves and/or Michael Cole voice* IT'S INTERNATIONAL WOMENS DAY #WOMENSEVOLUTION!

So here's my best guess at what's going on based on what I've read:

• If the City of Tampa government cancels WrestleMania, then WWE can likely recoup at least some of the costs associated with running a large-scale event through insurance
  • If WWE cancels, they cannot and are on the hook for all refunds
  • Since neither side has made a decision, some of the smaller indies that run shows around WM weekend literally cannot cancel their events without potentially going bankrupt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I say this not as a knee-jerk reaction to seeing some of the wrestlers losing jobs because of one person's inability to long-term plan, but as someone who has seen time and again over the last few months that money is more important than the safety and overall well-being of the people that make people want to watch your product:

FUCK Vince McMahon! I am watching AEW Dynamite in a few minutes and the next time I watch wrestling on TV will either be when ROH comes on my local station this weekend, or next Wednesday's Dynamite. I just can't with this shit anymore, you know?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • panic pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, General Iowa said:

So is anyone else in here a gigantic New Japan guy like myself?  I signed up for New Japan World in 2015 after I saw WK 9 and I haven't looked back.

anı on Twitter: "i haven't heard that name in years… "

No but seriously, thoughts on

Spoiler

EVIL being both double champion and Bullet Club now?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • panic pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

I haven't been following the company recently, is this true?

• Sources say that Vince McMahon ordered Santa Claus to ditch his first name and change his entrance music while delivering Christmas presents this year. Claus is expected to contact Andrew Yang about this issue next week.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

There's an episode of Biography tonight and Dark Side of The Ring Thursday, both of which are about The Ultimate Warrrior.

I already know Dana Warrior is on both from the commercials, but there's a non-zero chance somebody is on both and says something on DSOTR that contradicts something in the one the WWE is actually involved in.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
19 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

jeez this thread's pretty dead....

anyone here care that much about wwe anymore?

There's just so many better options now.

Spoiler

Oh and hey, cringe-ass early 2020 Seight, something happens in about 4-5 months that makes one of your posts up there really bad in hindsight and it ain't Covid

On 6/3/2022 at 12:00 AM, CountFrylock said:

although the AEW Thread Here isn't doing any better than this one

is this site just for shit posting now?

Oh, well, yeah there's just not that many people left here so I mean, any thread about any given subject is only going to get so many unique responses, even less if it's a relatively niche subject like pro wrestling.

Edited by Nablonsky

• 2 weeks later...

*Stephanie takes time off two months ago for "family reasons"*

*This is around the time frame the allegations against Vince and Johnny begin*

*They hire someone else to do Stephanie's jobs while she's away*

*Vince steps down as Chairman/CEO today and is replaced by...Stephanie*

*Oh also, she's on the Board of Directors, and the non-McMahon members are conducting the investigation*

When your boss asks you to compromise your artistic integrity. | Reaction  Images | Know Your Meme

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Raptorpat unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...