UnevenEdge

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Returns to Toonami!! - The Re-Discussion!!

2 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

it's a combination of idiocy and covid fatigue....at this point i know some people would rather risk being infected and drinking at a bar than staying indoors any longer

It's so stupid that people are being babies about not being able to go to bars or clubs.  I personally can't stand being around a bunch of smoking, high, and drunken dumbasses.  It's not like there's not other things to do.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

It's so stupid that people are being babies about not being able to go to bars or clubs.  I personally can't stand being around a bunch of smoking, high, and drunken dumbasses.  It's not like there's not other things to do.

it's mind boggling that anyone would really think "Hey people have places to be on halloween"....no they really don't

i expect more people to be watching toonami next week than they realize

Edited by CountFrylock

Just now, CountFrylock said:

i know someone here said they're town's letting bars stay open late so for them staying home to watch toonami would be a sacrifice on halloween

Yes, that would be me. But to be fair, I really don't know of anything going on that late on Halloween yet. Most of the live music is earlier in the day.

Tonight, on the other hand, I did make the sacrifice to come home early to watch Toonami.

It would be fine to continue making that sacrifice if need be; I just feel like I should support the venues if they're going to be doing business. To me it's not about going to a bunch of bars just to socialize and get drunk--it's about the MUSIC.

2 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Yes, that would be me. But to be fair, I really don't know of anything going on that late on Halloween yet. Most of the live music is earlier in the day.

Tonight, on the other hand, I did make the sacrifice to come home early to watch Toonami.

It would be fine to continue making that sacrifice if need be; I just feel like I should support the venues if they're going to be doing business. To me it's not about going to a bunch of bars just to socialize and get drunk--it's about the MUSIC.

and that's fine but these days you can never be too careful since there are a lot of people who refuse to take this seriously and think it's all a hoax.....so many people walking into grocery stores not wearing a mask

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CountFrylock said:

and that's fine but these days you can never be too careful since there are a lot of people who refuse to take this seriously and think it's all a hoax.....so many people walking into grocery stores not wearing a mask

On that note, yeah, I'm ALWAYS masked up unless eating or drinking. Well, almost always.

There was this one exception a few weeks ago, though!

HE CUT THROUGH THE BOULDER!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Yuki Kajiura I know.  Looks like I haven't seen anything that Go Shiina did music for.  But yeah this music is awesome!

Yeah, I think the first time for me was playing Tales of Legendia and later for God Eater. Mainly well-known for games, don't think he started doing anime soundtracks until relatively recently.

Meanwhile Kajiura's been huge since like Noir and .hack//SIGN. She did a really good job with Xenosaga II (the cutscene soundtrack) and III for her rare game appearances.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

Yeah there is some stuff I'd like to do but I'd rather take a pass on it until things are more safe and under control.

2 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I can't make any sense of this. My only guess is they actually DID lose the rights to it and are getting them back for one night only...

...but I don't think that's how it works.

just like how i can't make any sense of them not mentioning black clover's break is only temporary....

i can't understand why they wouldn't mention a marathon's happening on halloween....

2 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Are they just assuming that everyone will assume it won't be regular programming next Saturday since it's Halloween?

I'm not sure why....especially since a lot of parties and halloween events have been canceled due to covid-19 so it's not like anyone would think the normal block would be interrupted due to saturday falling on a halloween

we've had very few marathons this year and the only reason one would happen now would be to stall for time

although now we know that isn't the case as without black clover there isn't anything on the block at risk of running out of episodes soon

Edited by CountFrylock