UnevenEdge

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Returns to Toonami!! - The Re-Discussion!!

1 minute ago, saito34 said:

I was reading how incredibly popular the Demon Slayer movie is in Japan. I really want to see it. Supposedly its gorgeously animated.

Yeah, can't wait. It'd be nice if they'd eventually let Toonami air it since it seems unlikely it'll be able to get into theaters here any time soon.

• Like 3

Just now, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, can't wait. It'd be nice if they'd eventually let Toonami air it since it seems unlikely it'll be able to get into theaters here any time soon.

Yeah thats too bad about theaters. I heard its insane in iMax. Toonami would be awesome too.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

It is odd they used a movie to cover manga material.  So if there is a second season and Toonami gets it, things will be incomplete if they don't show the movie.  I wonder if it could be split into episodes.

Just now, saito34 said:

Yeah thats too bad about theaters. I heard its insane in iMax. Toonami would be awesome too.

Ooh that sounds awesome, I'd love to see it in an IMAX.

I imagine my theaters would have only done it in regular though since I don't think they've done an anime in one of the special ones yet.

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

It is odd they used a movie to cover manga material.  So if there is a second season and Toonami gets it, things will be incomplete if they don't show the movie.  I wonder if it could be split into episodes.

Yeah, it's pretty unusual that the movie is directly continuing the next part so we do need to see it before an eventual S2 in this case.

Just now, DangerMouse said:

Ooh that sounds awesome, I'd love to see it in an IMAX.

I imagine my theaters would have only done it in regular though since I don't think they've done an anime in one of the special ones yet.

ya thats definitely a Japan thing.I wish animation was widely respected like that in the US.  Apparently it's smashing records over there. The entire country is flocking to see it in theaters.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

The plot is pretty self contained from what I'm hearing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, saito34 said:

ya thats definitely a Japan thing.I wish animation was widely respected like that in the US.  Apparently it's smashing records over there. The entire country is flocking to see it in theaters.

Yeah I heard it was doing CRAZY ticket sales.

2 minutes ago, saito34 said:

The plot is pretty self contained from what I'm hearing.

Could still be retreaded in the first 4-5 episodes of Season 2. In fact, the chance that happens is probably greater if everyone's seen it. I mean, that was the case with Dragonball Super, right?

3 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Could still be retreaded in the first 4-5 episodes of Season 2. In fact, the chance that happens is probably greater if everyone's seen it. I mean, that was the case with Dragonball Super, right?

Anything is possible. Although I read that Tanjiro and Nezuko arent even the main focus so it's almost like a side story. It's possible that it is tied into the main storyline more than I was lead to believe.

14 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Yeah, for years my theaters never really had any of the anime movies though that seemed like it was finally started to change with a few like Promare and Heroes Rising.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, for years my theaters never really had any of the anime movies though that seemed like it was finally started to change with a few like Promare and Heroes Rising.

I honestly never saw anything outside of Ghibli stuff come to my local theaters but after this Covid shit ends I could see myself venturing farther to see anime in theaters. A lot of this stuff shines on the big screen.

8 minutes ago, saito34 said:

I honestly never saw anything outside of Ghibli stuff come to my local theaters but after this Covid shit ends I could see myself venturing farther to see anime in theaters. A lot of this stuff shines on the big screen.

Yeah, I don't think we ever got them other than probably only Ghibli, Pokemon, etc. the wide releases. The limited release/Fathom Events ones we never really got till this year unless I were to go to one of the slightly farther theaters which I usually didn't.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, I don't think we ever got them other than probably only Ghibli, Pokemon, etc. the wide releases. The limited release/Fathom Events ones we never really got till this year unless I were to go to one of the slightly farther theaters which I usually didn't.

Fathom right. That's the only ones I can recall, like "Your Name" ran for a while for example. I do have some obscure theaters around that will run the occasional anime as well but they're typically smaller scale independent types.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Fathom right. That's the only ones I can recall, like "Your Name" ran for a while for example. I do have some obscure theaters around that will run the occasional anime as well but they're typically smaller scale independent types.

Fathom Events is also the one who put on the VERY limited showing of the dub of Gundam NT on 2/19/2019! (Yes, that was a Tuesday!)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, saito34 said:

I have a couple theaters that are about a hour away that play anime movies, and that length of drive is worth it for sure

7 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Yeah, that makes sense since I don't think my main one got Your Name back then unlike this year when we finally got some of them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, that makes sense since I don't think my main one got Your Name back then unlike this year when we finally got some of them.

What a treat it would be if they somehow did a wide release of Mugen Train

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AnimationFan14 said:

My local Alamo Drafthouse theater was showing the 4k Akira remaster and seeing that in theaters was a treat  

Alamo was the shit. They were the guys screening classics at actual filming locations, like Close Encounters at that actual rock in Wyoming I think. That would be a magical experience. They also did Goonies in Oregon somewhere.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, saito34 said:

u went? awesome

Of course!! Since it was essentially a continuation of Gundam Unicorn, I also watched plenty of that using my DVDs and my DVR leading up to the showing!

Of course, at the time, I had a lot more free time, because I was only working part-time.

I really should collect the rest of the set of Gundam Unicorn plus the movie NT. But I guess I'll rewatch my DVRed episodes sometime in 2021!

On that note, REALLY looking forward to SSSS: Gridman, especially the last 7 episodes!

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 2