UnevenEdge

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Returns to Toonami!! - The Re-Discussion!!

1 minute ago, AnimationFan14 said:

When she was human there was someone who loved her, and it appeared he was killed long ago as well. Maybe it was the same time she was turned as well.

Very sad 

Do we get any more of her backstory? i dont think so but cant remember

Edited by saito34

4 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

"If I die, I'll be free"

Damn.

Mercy kill.

It seemed when Tanjiro noticed the Spider Demon "Mother" surrendering, he changed the form for his kill to that painless quick cut.  Kind of odd the water isn't meant to be literal but she still seemed to feel it in a way.

• Like 1

Just now, ben0119 said:

It seemed when Tanjiro noticed the Spider Demon "Mother" surrendering, he changed the form for his kill to that painless quick cut.  Kind of odd the water isn't meant to be literal but she still seemed to feel it in a way.

Did he really?

Just now, saito34 said:

Do we get any more her backstory? i dont think so but cant remember

Not sure when they showed it but I seem to recall her being betrayed by one of the others when she was turned if I remember correctly. Like one of them plotted with Rui or something.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Do we get any more of her backstory? i dont think so but cant remember

We saw the guy who she thought looked at her with kind and loving eyes and when she thought "I wonder how they are doing" it showed his arm/hand with blood running down it.

Edited by AnimationFan14

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Yeah. When he switched forms it seemed like it. I'm still kinda surprised it's not real.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

Not sure when they showed it but I seem to recall her being betrayed by one of the others when she was turned if I remember correctly. Like one of them plotted with Rui or something.

actually yeah...I thought i remember her story being part of Rui's story at the end

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah. When he switched forms it seemed like it. I'm still kinda surprised it's not real.

Yeah.

It would've been so cool if the water was real.  But I guess the characters don't have those kind of powers in this show. 

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Hmmm.. good point

All I can think of, is it is some demon they removed the head from and restrained, and stuffed the head into the chest, to use as a puppet.  And that's why it disintegrated when it got cut there.  Or it could be related to the weird powers the "Elder Brother' Spider Demon had.

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

All I can think of, is it is some demon they removed the head from and restrained, and stuffed the head into the chest, to use as a puppet.  And that's why it disintegrated when it got cut there.  Or it could be related to the weird powers the "Elder Brother' Spider Demon had.

did he have strings attached to him?

3 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Oh that's an interesting thought, since we saw that first demon that Nezuko kicked its head off still go until the head was actually destroyed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

Oh that's an interesting thought, since we saw that first demon that Nezuko kicked its head off still go until the head was actually destroyed.

Yeah, I think having their heads cut off only kills them if it is done with one of those demon slayer swords.

6 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

The headless puppet?  Yes.

for some reason i thought he was part of the family all along but that doesnt appear to be the case. Now I'm wondering what the story is behind his design

Edited by saito34

13 minutes ago, saito34 said:

for some reason i thought he was part of the family all along but that doesnt appear to be the case. Now I'm wondering what the story is behind his design

It is quite the mystery now that I think about it, even if he's just a minor random enemy.

11 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I wonder if that was put in for padding.  I didn't see the reason to keep going back to him.

it would actually be more impactful if he was genuinely scared and it was made clear that he was. The way they portray it seems more slanted towards comic relief. Maybe it's just the VAs performance not sure, but i could totally see a character that loses his nerve from time to time be pretty interesting, especially in a spooky ass  forest crawling with murderous psychos. . The over the top crying  doesnt really work imo

Edited by saito34

3 minutes ago, saito34 said:

it would actually be more impactful if he was genuinely scared and it was made clear that he was. The way they portray it seems more slanted towards comic relief. Maybe it's just the VAs performance not sure, but i could totally see a character that loses his nerve from time to time be pretty interesting. The over the top crying  doesnt really work imo

I think Zenitsu really is scared, but it is also being used as comic relief. 

I think the author must have thought the story was too depressing without Inosuke and Zenitsu's antics, and so they were added.  Or maybe they were always planned to be in it.  But nevertheless, the show's character did change after their introduction.

Hopefully Zenitsu will develop a bit though.