UnevenEdge

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Returns to Toonami!! - The Re-Discussion!!

20 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

yeah i've done that too a couple of times.

Oh, btw, it looks like that Hero Mask netflix anime you mentioned a long time ago is finally getting a blu-ray release so I'll finally get to see it.

Cool..That ended up being a pretty good show actually.

Are you watching Jujutsu Kaisen by any chance? Really great show right now.

Edited by saito34

7 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Sooner than I thought too.

I didn't the read the whole article yet, but I saw that it's going to continue on the next arc after the movie.  So they won't be breaking up the movie into episodes to use in the beginning of the second season of Demon Slayer.  This confirms it.  If Demarco doesn't show the movie there will be an issue. 

Not like the Sword Art Online movie which was written by Reki and "canon" but really had no bearing on the overall plot of Alicization/War of Underworld, and you can tell the Ordinal Scale elements were put in after the fact.  We will be left to our own devices to have to watch the movie somehow if Demarco doesn't show it.

2 hours ago, saito34 said:

Cool..That ended up being a pretty good show actually.

Are you watching Jujutsu Kaisen by any chance? Really great show right now.

Nice, looking forward to it when it releases.

I've just started it, it seems very promising so far. Didn't realize it was getting dubbed so quickly, thought I was just going to sample a few eps subbed and then wait. Once I finally looked up the director I had a good feeling about the show's action chops since I really liked his previous show Garo: Vanishing Line.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DangerMouse said:

Nice, looking forward to it when it releases.

I've just started it, it seems very promising so far. Didn't realize it was getting dubbed so quickly, thought I was just going to sample a few eps subbed and then wait. Once I finally looked up the director I had a good feeling about the show's action chops since I really liked his previous show Garo: Vanishing Line.

Yeah I have a feeling it will come to Toonami. It is shonen so you kind of know what youre getting but it managed to hook me in based on it being a darker show in general and the fight scenes really do stand out. The action overall is really well done, so you're on point about the director. The power system they've created somehow manages to not feel stale either.

Edited by saito34

On 2/15/2021 at 6:44 PM, OwlChemist81 said:

Hey, we don't know that they won't do a 1-or-2-episode "condensed" version of Mugen Train before the rest of the season begins!

It COULD still happen! And for Toonami's sake, it better!

Dude I wouldn't want them to be condensed.  They could just split it into episodes if the pacing and structure allowed for it, but it doesn't look like that is happening.