UnevenEdge

Super Mario 3D All-stars

Raptorpat

I am most likely getting it even though I have 64 and Galaxy. My copy of Sunshine has been lost to the ages per my post in another thread. (I don't have Galaxy 2, bit it isn't in the collection so that's neither here nor there.)

Just to have the games optimized for current TVs etc. probably would have been enough even if I still had my Sunshine.

I am also a sucker for certain games that I will buy multiple times. Not including my sister's original N64 copy, I have three different versions of OoT (and I'd buy it again on switch if they re-remastered the 3DS version for the big screen). I also bought the Metroid Prime Trilogy despite owning all three games separately, and we have the Wii U Twilight Princess and Wind Waker remasters despite owning the originals. So yeah, def a total sucker.

Though one thing I haven't been suckered into rebuying yet is the enhanced switch ports of first party Wii U titles at full price, because that is probably the most offensive aspect of the transition to switch for me.

I hated Mario 64 since I was a teenager and I don't like the other Mario 3D games either so I'm

not going to buy it 😠  I mean why buy something that you think is inferior from what you grew up with?

The 2D games are so much better.  From 1996 until 2011, I gave up playing new games because of the

ugly Mario 3D games.  Have fun with it but I won't be playing that stupid game.

Edited by blueraven1999

On one hand, I really want to play Super Mario Sunshine again and it’s not like it’d be any cheaper to buy secondhand online. On the other hand, $60 is outrageous for a bundle that won’t exist anymore after next March.

Just out of practice and principle, it’s bogus antiquated nonsense from Nintendo when other rereleases give you so much more for less. I just bought the Tony Hawk 1 & 2 remake for $40 and it gave you as much content as both games can offer with rehauled graphics. Crash and Spyro also had full on rehauls with an even lower discount. It just feels scummy to buy this and promote this kind of lunacy when it’s the only way to get access to games from over 20 years ago. 

On 9/5/2020 at 7:28 AM, Chapinator-800 said:

On one hand, I really want to play Super Mario Sunshine again and it’s not like it’d be any cheaper to buy secondhand online. On the other hand, $60 is outrageous for a bundle that won’t exist anymore after next March.

Just out of practice and principle, it’s bogus antiquated nonsense from Nintendo when other rereleases give you so much more for less. I just bought the Tony Hawk 1 & 2 remake for $40 and it gave you as much content as both games can offer with rehauled graphics. Crash and Spyro also had full on rehauls with an even lower discount. It just feels scummy to buy this and promote this kind of lunacy when it’s the only way to get access to games from over 20 years ago. 

i kinda agree. the limited time availability is bs. the games seem like straight ports but some of these games like sunshine, or even galaxy are still very expensive and harder to get. 64 has been available for multiple platforms but  even that could still be out of reach for some. but yeah would be nice to see these ports have a little more content than just the music player. they could still do a lot without having to mess with graphics all that much. 

Should've thought of that before expecting more money for products we've already paid for.

At least for me, I still have my Wii, and pretty sure I bought 64 on the VC there. So, that, plus backwards compatibility to play Sunshine, native Galaxy (and 2). This'll be a solid pass.

On 9/8/2020 at 11:23 AM, Raptorpat said:

we already have SM3DW on Wii U, not sure how much of an addition Bowser's Furry will be

It will have online play if that helps, although given Nintendo's online that might not be much of an addition. lol

On 9/9/2020 at 1:56 AM, rpgamer said:

Should've thought of that before expecting more money for products we've already paid for.

I'm pretty sure most of us haven't already paid for Mario collection on Switch. How come there are always comments like this(not from you, I mean in general) about video games but not movies. I've never seen anyone complaining about about a movie being released on bluray/4k when they already bought it on VHS.

If I watched or bought movies, I'd be making the same argument. I've already paid for the product, and have the capacity to enjoy the product I've paid for.

But really, that just means I'm not the target audience here. That's fine. These are good games, worth having. Since having them on the Switch vs Wii offers no benefit to me, I'm good here.

• 3 weeks later...

who else is excited for this one?

Getting it for the boy for Christmas. And Breath of the Wild, since he's old enough for that one now.

He got Link's Awakening and Paper Mario: The Oragami King for his birthday.

I'm gonna have to actually play 3d all-stars. Mario 64 was a bad ass game.

• 2 weeks later...