UnevenEdge

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 and 2 Discussion

3ngag3

Spoiler

After the death of his protege Jason Todd, Batman has retired into the darkness. Ten years later, still haunted by the death of his parents and the release of a certain nemesis, he once again takes up the cape and cowl to dispense justice.

Don't miss part one of the two part Toonami movie event based on Frank Miller's classic tale, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns.

Tonight at 1:30AM and Part 2 next Saturday at 1:45AM

Edited by 3ngag3
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

If you're gonna do this, then do it right!!

But seriously, which one of these movies is better? Are they both worth recording??

Funny thing is Year One and DKR are both based on Frank Miller’s best Batman work (everything afterwards has been awful to “Oh Dear God, you’re serious”).  Year One is the prologue, DKR is considered by many to be the definitive Batman story.

Both are worth it IMO.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 3ngag3 said:

No, there's two Batman movies tonight. Year One and The Dark Knight Returns Part 1. I figured rather than making a second thread for TDKR, we can lump both weeks of the movie into one thread.

The titles ALMOST sound incredibly similar.

I've pinned this one as the go-to for the two movies. 

However, should the gallery in general decide at the end of this weekend that the tonight's discussion might be considered too rich and a second thread should be floated for Part 2 next week, just tag or PM me at that point and I'll de-pin / re-pin as necessary. :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, katt_goddess said:

I've pinned this one as the go-to for the two movies. 

However, should the gallery in general decide at the end of this weekend that the tonight's discussion might be considered too rich and a second thread should be floated for Part 2 next week, just tag or PM me at that point and I'll de-pin / re-pin as necessary. :) 

Acceptable!

9 hours ago, Jman said:

Funny thing is Year One and DKR are both based on Frank Miller’s best Batman work (everything afterwards has been awful to “Oh Dear God, you’re serious”).  Year One is the prologue, DKR is considered by many to be the definitive Batman story.

Both are worth it IMO.

This is all before Frank Miller went crazy apparently lol.  Love those Linkara reviews of the Frank Miller whacked out comics.

1 minute ago, CountFrylock said:

takes place in the 80's and has a super mutant gang that has a mad max vibe....

the 80's must have really had a problem with mutant street gangs

It's in the 80s?  But what about the high tech computer system on that car with remote shut down ability?