UnevenEdge

Something special on the 25th....?

I was wondering about that as well. Unless they're actually removing a show to add a new one, I can't see why it would be blank. Of course, it could also be nothing and just a glitch, but since I'm someone who craves new experiences, I'm hoping for... at least something.

If they were removing a show (which I doubt), it looks like it'd be One Piece over anything else, since the episode that airs the week before the blank schedule is the last episode before the Sabaody Archipelago arc, a.k.a. the beginning of the adaptation's pacing issues, a.k.a. three episodes past the perfect point to remove the series were it necessary according to myself and Jman, but just as good as the three episodes after Thriller Bark are for the most part filler.

If they were removing a show (which I doubt), it looks like it'd be One Piece over anything else, since the episode that airs the week before the blank schedule is the last episode before the Sabaody Archipelago arc, a.k.a. the beginning of the adaptation's pacing issues, a.k.a. three episodes past the perfect point to remove the series were it necessary according to myself and Jman, but just as good as the three episodes after Thriller Bark are for the most part filler.

While I doubt that's the case, imagine if they did remove One Piece?

s5AQTIk.gif

No reason to get rid of One Piece. It's unoffensive on the line-up right now. it airs at 2:30am. it's out of the way. It's not dragging other shows down like say JoJo constantly does. Plus DVR's are already listing 'One Piece - Saboady' as the show name, which kinda shows they plan to air the next arc.

Also, the pacing problems already started on Thriller Bark. It pretty much stays the same now for the rest of the run.

And Marineford is friggin' awesome, dammit. I hope they air it all the way just to piss Jman off.  Also because Marineford is awesome and deserves to air on TV.

Turns out it's just some weird special movie thing, anyway. So too bad, One Piece haters.

Not to mention terrible filler-filled Naruto ShitPudding airs on the same block. Get rid of that travesty first.

That doesn't really matter for me (isnt true either, the only one I see constantly complain about it is you). Just like ratings don't matter for me. I only care if I enjoy the show, which I do.

Not to mention DB Super and Naruto suck far worse so I'd much rather those go.

Again, don't really care about the ratings - strictly speaking about show quality here.

The ratings on Toonami don't really matter unless you're the first few shows anyway. This is why I say airing OP is inoffensive. It does fine for its slot. There's no reason to spend money on a new show that they would have to replace shortly after and spend more money. It doesn't financially make sense.

I'm pretty sure that's why there's quite a few long runners running now.

Well a lot of people don't enjoy OP and want it gone.

I'd be nice if people who made wide-sweeping assumptions had the data to back it up. :fap:

I don't really enjoy One Piece anymore, but it has less to do with the quality of the show and more with the fact I've watched enough episodes to make it feel like a slog regardless of show composition.

I want One Piece gone because I hate it with the fury of a thousand suns.  I hate Naruto too, but I hate One Piece a LOT more.

Which makes no sense considering your history with the series and also that Naruto is a way worse more terribly written show. But at the end of the day you can't come up with a compelling argument for why you don't like it without being a jerk-wad, so your plea is falling on deaf ears, buddy.

Curious about something. If the regular lineup is preempted and Super has a premere at 8, do you think they would actually have it so the 11:30 one is a week behind the 8:00PM one? I think that would be ratings suicide. Makes more sense to have no new episode at 8 or 11:30 or skip ahead the following week.

Curious about something. If the regular lineup is preempted and Super has a premere at 8, do you think they would actually have it so the 11:30 one is a week behind the 8:00PM one? I think that would be ratings suicide. Makes more sense to have no new episode at 8 or 11:30 or skip ahead the following week.

I don't think they will ever let that happen. Either they'll take off the 8pm airing, re-air the previous week's episode at 8pm or manage to air the 11:30 airing on holiday weekends even if 12AM-3:30AM get preempted.

I want One Piece gone because I hate it with the fury of a thousand suns.  I hate Naruto too, but I hate One Piece a LOT more.

Dude, get fucking laid or something.  How pathetic do you have to be to bitch about Japanese cartoons airing at 2:30 in the goddamn morning?

You associate a show with anger and threats and general unpleasantness, you grow to hate it.  All its flaws are magnified a thousand fold.

That has got to be the most flawed, retarded, asinine, logic-less, stupid-ass reasoning ever. You keep on making me question your purpose in life, Jman.

That has got to be the most flawed, retarded, asinine, logic-less, stupid-ass reasoning ever. You keep on making me question your purpose in life, Jman.

As opposed to yours, which is sucking Oda off.

Look, you are the reason a lot of people on this board dislike One Piece now.  Going right out and saying it.  You.

As opposed to yours, which is sucking Oda off.

Look, you are the reason a lot of people on this board dislike One Piece now.  Going right out and saying it.  You.

Don't be mad that your pathetic reasoning is beyond retarded.

That only you share, by the way. The VERYYYY few people who truly dislike OP here dislike it due to its own merits, which they have said once and never again.

You are the only peon who hates a whole show due to one fan, so much so that you never shut up about it. You. Only you. You are the one person who shares that stupid ass line of reasoning, and all I and a good deal of us can do with you is look at you akwardlly with one eyebrow raised wondering if you've been this hateful your whole miserable life.

So again, don't pass this off as a group thing. Don't pass this off as some 'bigger thing'. No. This pea-brained line of thinking is all exclusive to the flawed-ass poster known as Jman.

Congratulations.

Ratings say otherwise.  If One Piece was so popular it wouldn't be on at 2:30am.

Not talking about ratings, and you weren't either. Besides, I already proved ratings are largely unimportant when it comes to these shows.

I'm talking about these boards. Ya know... with the people that actually interact with me.

No one actually believes what you say besides your pathetic ass.

See, this is why you'll never compare to that Youtuber when it comes to posting a compelling argument. You're all over the place. You jump from one thing to another . First your talking about how the whole board hates OP (again no proof) because of me but then jump to it's ratings randomly when we weren't even talking about that.

That right there proves you have no argument. You have nothing. Only hate. And you fling your feces like a dirty ape all in a futile attempt to throw shade. You are a low quality poster and you'll never have a voice.

You mean that the show is a crawl? Or that it's not funny?  Or that the dialog is cringeworthy at points? 

Here's my question.  Why the hell do you care?  I wouldn't pile on if I wasn't getting some asshole fanboy screaming at me every time I said something negative.  That's you, because no one else is running to defend this.  Everything you say is justification to keep the show in or attempts to discredit people who dislike it.  Maybe a turd sandwich called One Piece is a turd sandwich called One Piece!

You act as the shows representative, you go to other boards to shout down any negative opinion of the show, great taking something from the playbook of Tom Goes to the Mayor and Steven Universe fans, and then you wonder why your rage and constant belittling of anyone that doesn't want to suck Oda off isn't creating new fans.  People like you drove that one girl to near suicide over that shitty show and then say they're the victims because of "muh representation."  Fuck your representation and fuck your show.

I do not like One Piece as a show.  But you can bet if you weren't yelling at people with your shit spewing every five motherfucking seconds I wouldn't be yelling back every single day.

You mean that the show is a crawl? Or that it's not funny?  Or that the dialog is cringeworthy at points? 

Here's my question.  Why the hell do you care?  I wouldn't pile on if I wasn't getting some asshole fanboy screaming at me every time I said something negative.  That's you, because no one else is running to defend this.

Like I always say, you're free to have whatever opinion you have of it.

Just don't be obnoxious with it. That's where you fuck up.

As I said, I've met a few people here who don't like OP either, but they already said their piece and rarely talk about it anymore.

You however, every goddamn chance you get it's an attack at OP. Every goddamn chance. It's annoying. Severely annoying. That's why I tell you to shut up. Because we all know you don't like OP. Why remind us every goddamn second? No one else who dislikes OP does that - only you.

I've largely dropped my old persona on these boards. I wouldn't have beef with you if you don't keep trashing on OP. It's starts with you. You lay off and I'll lay off. But until then this shit isn't going to resolve itself until you calm your hatred down.

And again, lesson in making a compelling argument - stop masking your opinion as fact. This is basic, Jman. Basic!

You mean like you do?  "It's only Jman, the rest of the world loves OP"!  That does not stand up to scrutiny!  How well DID Pirate Warriors sell in the US?

There you go being terrible as arguments again.

I said you are are the only poster who truly hates it with all his fiber here. On these boards. That was what you originally said, am I not right? That I'm the reason OP is hated on THESE boards (even though that's not true).

You keep jumping back and forward on it's overtake popularity and it's standing on these boards.

Focus. This is a problem of yours.

As for its overall popularity - OP is doing fine. It's Toonami ratings are largely unimportant. It does great on streaming sites. It was among the top 15 (and top 1 anime) highest streamed shows on 2016. Its games do well enough to keep being localized. Anime keeps being dubbed with a company known to drop shows if they don't do well enough.

Yes, it's  nowhere near DBZ in the states, but it's nowhere near failing like you seem to think it is. OP is doing fine.

So again... drop this obsession with hating on OP. You're free to dislike OP. You free from time to time to suggest shows you'd rather have on besides OP.

But when EVERY OTHER POST is slander against OP, then that's when we have a problem. How are you not getting that. What about that is hard to understand? The frequency and obnoxiousness is the problem. Fix that and I'll leave you alone.

I mean it's gotten to the point when even OTHER people are calling you out on your bullshit, Jman.  How is that not a wake-up call?

While I would be OK if they take One Piece or Shippuden off Toonami, I kind of like the fact that they are there for new fans to discover. I never watched a single episode of either before 2015 (when I became a regular Toonami viewer again). Then that same year I binged the hell out of both shows and caught up to where we are now (and beyond). 

These shows are still very popular among young people, perhaps more than ever before.I was recently at a family friends sons birthday party. I believe most of the kids were 14-15 years old. I literally walked into the bedroom  of two of the kids singing "We Are!". All of these kids love One Piece and Naruto, but they aren't watching it on Toonami, they're watching it on that site that starts with a K. They also watched Bleach, Attack on Titan, and Gurren Laggan  and are watching the dub of Super there despite it being on an accessible timeslot. Why, because it's easier for them to just pop open that site that you don't even have to log into to rather than even record it on a DVR. Young adults who are in Toonami's demo are also doing the same thing. I'm in one of those  stores at the mall last week that sell anime and video game  merchandise and I even see people my age (30s) with there kids talking about streaming these shows from that site. That's where fandom is headed, they love these shows more than ever, but no one wants to pay for anything (even Netflix or Hulu).

That being said, I hate how far behind they are from the DVD releases. This is sort of the consequence of having Toonami off the air for 4 years. If they were going to take off One Piece even temporarily, then now would be a good tme to do it before a new story really gets going.

The fuck is your problem?  Doesn't take long to type "cancel this".

I dunno, maybe the fact that you've been shitting up threads for more than half a decade with your bizarre obsessive hateboner schtick?  Or that you play up this ridiculous dudebro persona while simultaneously obsessing over shows to the point where you're a bigger weeb than just about anyone here?  I could go on if you like.

You associate a show with anger and threats and general unpleasantness, you grow to hate it.  All its flaws are magnified a thousand fold.

No, sane people judge a work on its own merits and can easily ignore a lone nutter babbling incoherently.  Non-sane people get sucked into the insanity.

Seriously, do you know what normal people do when we don't like something?  We just don't watch it.  Or even if we do watch it for the lulz, we don't take massive shits in places where people who do like it are talking, because that'd just be acting like an asshole.  You talk about particular shows like they touched you in your no-no place when you were 8 years old.  Get some goddamn help already.

So KanColle got licensed (or it will be, in an announcement) and Tokyo Ghoul was announced for Toonami. That's two things I never thought would happen which did within hours of each other.

But at least one thing is certain... I still suck at Calculus.

[that's a sad]